It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges brought against Massachusetts Judge Shelley Joseph, accused of helping immigrant avoid ICE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Seems silly to toss your career as a judge away just to assist an illegal immigrant to avoid capture. Especially one who seems to have the ability to get into America twice already. ICE would have deported him and then he would have returned with a new identity again.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I am sure at the time they thought they were untouchable.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

They want their obstruction of justice. Here it is.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Lot of liberals in MA cheered this Judge, they love Obstruction of Justice when their side does it.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm more of a big picture kind of guy. I'm much more afraid of the overwhelming power of the gov't to take away my liberties than any individual or group of criminals. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These liberal judges are way too soft on crime and if it's a foreigner they completely go soft.

There are thousands of ice warrants that local pd go of their way to ignore.

There is a complete aiding and abetting of a illegal element going on.

The libs looks at these foreigners as helplessly puppies...even of the commit a crime they didint mean it and because of their past they get a pass.

Zero accountability. I would hate to be look at as helpless...
But over time you just give it and play the victim and just receive all the free stuff.

Americans are very good and volunteering and donating, but almost to a neglectful point

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They should deport her.

Does not work like that. How very unamerican of you.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You don't have the liberty to aid and abet criminals and help them escape justice.

Why in the world would you think you do?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

They should deport her.

I'll bet you think that's clever. Some kind of pseudo-patriotic one-upmanship?

You sure do seem to make it a habit of defending anti-American subversives like the judge in question while calling critics un-American.

You're very unoriginal.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good.

Another one bites the dust.

I hope they kick her off the bench, she's disbarred and resorts to peddling fruits on a street corner like her compadres.

Adios.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Pretty sure that is almost automatic after she is convicted.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: caf1550
Being from MA I was happy to see this too. I found it so disgusting when it happened.

Being in a neighboring State, I too am happy to see this! Anyone thinking they are above the law will be in for a rude awakening. This can't continue to happen. We have plenty of illegals in Rhode Island and surrounding States. We need to continue to catch judges or anyone else who are ignoring the laws.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

They should deport her.

I am America

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Did I say that? Maybe you should re-read my post once you calm down.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

And better yet, MA Suffolk County DA Rachel Rollins should be removed for aiding and abetting lawlessness.

Rollins does not get to have a say .
The matter is Federal now

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

What I find really scary about this is the precedent it sets. Are all of the legislators who voted for legalizing pot in their home states guilty of conspiracy to violate Federal drug laws? Are the mayors of so-called sanctuary cities going to be indicted for the same reasons as the judge? This could open up a flood-gate of prosecutions that could greatly influence local and state politicians. I'm not shedding any tears for this judge as what she did was the height of arrogance and stupidity (two quite common traits in the judiciary) but IMHO the Feds already have enough power that they seem to use quite inappropriately more often than not.

Apples and Oranges when we know they are passing a Law to legalize verses breaking a sitting law.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Then what you said makes no sense. If you do not have the liberty to help criminals escape justice, what does this have to do with infringing on liberties?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

not just the judge is guilty here. any of the accomplices should see punishment.

otherwise, it's just a case of finding another to circumvent the law; otherwise all that judge did wrong was get caught.

And there lies the problem with leftists against federal immigration laws. Getting caught breaking the law is the only self law these people believe is a law. Don't get caught. Obama did it, his AG's both did it, Hillary did it, FBI people did it.

Same thing as thinking they are all above the law.
Final destination? Jail time and fines. Disbarment, early and humiliating resignations, etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Not really. They are passing state laws to legalize in violation of Federal law.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Justoneman

Not really. They are passing state laws to legalize in violation of Federal law.

Except it is not in violation. There are state laws and federal laws. The state laws have nothing to do with the federal law. Changing state laws so state agents do not arrest people has no bearing on federal agents. Now if the Feds conduct a raid, arrest people and gather evidence, and state agents go and destroy that evidence and break the people out of jail then you have a similar comparison ... and anyone doing such should immediately be arrested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join