It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That person in your family that chaps your hide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh yeah! Not my family but my sons’ paternal side.

The exact same advice from child abusers, felons, Narcissists, drug addicts, IRS fraudsters, a whole family line with the exception of 1 cousin; yet, they think they know everything; when I hear about their fb posts I just laugh, because they are pathetic.

If you have to toot your own horn, you’re the only one buying it IMO.

I’m sorry that child had to go through that 🙁

Just ignore her, or unfollow her posts; until you can’t!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The sixteen year old did not fare as well and my heart aches everyday that I have to watch what she has become.

YES, This!
Ok you get it. I am not the one that raised the child but I am very close to someone that was caught up in it.
We talk about what would have happened if the biological mom just let her live a normal life. I know we can't say 100%, but we are pretty darn sure her life would have been better, much much better.

Ultimately, there's people out there who get off on being miserable dumpster fires, and must have company. If they can't find that company, they make someone into it. They're a mix of manipulative, insecure, selfish, controlling, and an overinflated ego all rolled into one disdainful package.
If they aren't happy, someone else can share the boat with them, and that way, they can make it so the other person along for the ride is just as miserable or worse. And if worse, it makes them feel better about themselves, like they have a legit (in their mind) bragging point to start with.

My husband likes to call them emotional & psychological leeches. They thrive off the misery of the other person they use.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join