It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 8,000 Alleged Child Abusers Identified In Boy Scouts’ Files, Review Finds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I mean it's a good thing they kept those pesky gays away from scout leader positions and such huh?
phew

www.huffpost.com...

An expert hired by the Boy Scouts of America to review allegations of child sexual abuse within the organization identified 7,819 alleged abusers among its leaders and volunteers dating back to 1944, according to a newly released court document.

Of the files examined over five years, 12,254 alleged victims were identified, Dr. Janet Warren, a professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia’s medical school, testified in late January.

yeah i know these are alleged so who really knows?

12,254 alleged victims.

want to call it +/- 5,000?

Either way it is a lot

LIke i said....
good thing they kept the gays away huh. for the kids safety and all

hopefully people realize that pervs exist across all races. sexes. religions. ages.
all of it

good ole Scouts BSA

as if anyone didnt know this # was going on

if you claim you didnt know or figured all these leaders and scout masters were on the level then i guess you had blinders on.
100% most of them are on the level. just trying to teach kids how to get their noodling badge or whatever.

also 100% there are some creepers out there that become scout leaders so they can do some of their own noodling.

at least the organization does something about it unlike the good catholics that sweep it under the rug and move these pederasts around so they can do it again.

so good on them for that

edit on 24-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's not just the scouts, or the church.
There are a lot of creepy adults trying to do creepy things to kids.

I remember doing gymnastics and my mom came to watch. The gym
coach told her that parents were not allowed to stay and watch. She said
bullsnip! and pulled me out that day. I recently told her thank you, she probably
saved me from being molested back then!

Remember, protect your kids at all costs.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It's disgusting when every single institution I thought to be a wholesome beacon of enrichment,turns out to be just another means to a nefarious end.

From the local sports coaches to the gymnastic doctors, to the ymca all the way to the boy scouts..heck even Nickelodeon...you name it....

I really hope someone is looking into big brother/sister now... how can we not be skeptical?

Absolutely disgusted and sadly.. no longer surprised..

Respectfully,
~meathead

Edited to add -

I'm in my forties.. I'm not talking icarly Nickelodeon.. I'm talking about double dare and you can't do that on television..

edit on 24-4-2019 by Mike Stivic because: Added context

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

It's disgusting when every single institution I thought to be a wholesome beacon of enrichment,turns out to be just another means to a nefarious end.

From the local sports coaches to the gymnastic doctors, to the ymca all the way to the boy scouts..heck even Nickelodeon...you name it....

I really hope someone is looking into big brother/sister now... how can we not be skeptical?

Absolutely disgusted and sadly.. no longer surprised..

Respectfully,
~meathead

yeah it sucks

my buddy at work has an 11 yea old daughter who is in the girl scouts.
he gets involved to some degree because the mom is just not interested.

not saying over night type stuff but involved.

he had to go to some class to learn about pedos and whatever else.

he came back to work after and was pretty taken back.

he said there were these ex pedo felon type dudes giving lecture and it really freaked him out.

in not so many words these dudes told him basically what you just worried about.

think positions of authority or power or whatever

scout leaders
priests
guidance councelors

apparently riddled with pedo's
they get into those fields cause they know they will be around impressionable kids

of course not every single one but too many

i was not there. did not hear it first hand but i believe it

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Gays were in the boy scouts.

They are just open about being gay now. It has only been like 20 - 30 years since someone being openly gay has been accepted and those records go back to 1944.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's not just the scouts, or the church.
There are a lot of creepy adults trying to do creepy things to kids.

i know

thats why i said

hopefully people realize that pervs exist across all races. sexes. religions. ages. all of it

just blows my mind that so many who are/were involved with the scouts were so dead set against gays being involved.
cause apparently THEN kids would/could get molested.

that comes back to the blinders

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Gays were in the boy scouts.

They are just open about being gay now. It has only been like 20 - 30 years since someone being openly gay has been accepted and those records go back to 1944.

i understand that

just like since the beginning of the military there have been gays in.
just not until pretty recently were they 'allowed'

you know what i meant

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit those who are not willing to subscribe to the BSA's Declaration of Religious Principle, which is usually interpreted as banning atheists, and, until January 2014, prohibited all "known or avowed homosexuals",[1] from membership in its Scouting program. The ban on adults who are "open or avowed homosexuals"[2] from leadership positions was lifted in July 2015.[3] Prior to these policy changes, BSA had denied or revoked membership status or leadership positions for violation of these foundational principles.

edit on 24-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No poor wean wants to get that badge i imagine.

Dirty wrong'yins.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

For the record I'm hetero..just not ignorant..

And I have No problem with gay teachers doctors soldiers or boy scout leaders..

Gay does not = pedophile.

It's the kiddie fiddlers who bother me.. I had a physical ed teacher in 6th grade who did some odd things..including make us boys line up naked and file into the showers.. while he stood there to make sure we"knew our hygiene"..

I was smart enough to never be left alone with him..I hope the other ten years of students he filed through those showers were smart enough to..

By the way, he was married with two kids..his wife brought them to the basket ball games..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

(post by andy06shake removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Why?

It's the truth, i stand by my word.

Hell ile even post his pic and state the school he attended, ***snip*** Secondary.
****snip****
edit on 24-4-2019 by spacedoubt because: edited school name and PHOTO to avoid "digital vigilantism"

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Apologies to staff
Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 24-4-2019 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2019 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A link from the 80s?

I'm good but I'm not Pea and Ham with Chicken(Special).

It's not me that should be apologizing but the profession of teaching for employing muppets like that back then, and continuing to employ them.

Respectfully mate, belief or not, the man was a horrible specimen of a human being, could not hope to apologize for such without developing a nasty taste in my mouth. LoL

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Irrelevant post removed by owner

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 24-4-2019 by Mike Stivic because: Sorrys

edit on 24-4-2019 by Mike Stivic because:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Mod Note:

Doxxing is forbidden here. Unless you have a link to an article on another source going after private individuals will not fly.

Be Warned and do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Edited well i suppose.
edit on 24-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pm me if you wish lets not detract any more for the subject matter tinysicktears brought forth.

I think it's important for parents to see this, and armed with that knowledge hopefully inform their children,if it doesn't seem right..It is not right..don't be afraid to speak up ..

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join