It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deceptive nature of the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It has always seemed quite ironic to me how the leftist MSM talking heads seem to believe they are impeccable in every way, yet at the same time manage to earn a reputation as "fake news". Of course they dismiss such a label, they even say it's dangerous to criticize reporters, as if exposing their lies is some how equivalent to suppressing their free speech or undermining democracy. Perhaps even more ironic is that the people who are really having their free speech suppressed are totally ignored, and called conspiracy theorists for even suggesting social media companies would dare to have a political bias.

They can go for years talking about Russian conspiracy theories and undermining democracy by pushing false narratives, and suppressing the voices of people who dare to speak against their lies, and they don't get a single repercussion, to the contrary, it's awarded as good journalism. There is endless evidence to show how those right of center are being censored, Project Veritas literally has multiple undercover video clips showing employees and CEO's of these companies discussing the groups they target and the tactics they use. Exactly where is the evidence for your conspiracy theories?

These people sit there on a pedestal acting all smug, believing their view of reality to be the only legitimate and truthful view of reality, when in fact they are living in a bubble. Yes it's very easy to believe all conservatives are stupid conspiracy theorists who are easily fooled, and it pains me to say this, but that is true to an extent. Their religious beliefs and fundamentalism often comes across as very primitive, however if you just assume everything they say is a lie or misinformed, you're in for a very harsh wake up call. Also why is the criticism only directed at Christian conservatism but other religions are above criticism?

This may come as a surprise, but everyone is prone to influence by lies and propaganda. This is especially true for people who believe themselves to be far too intelligent to ever be misled, and even more so if they believe the people giving them the news would never mislead them. That is precisely what has produced the political division we see right now, we have many people who've been listening to the constant hate spewed by the MSM for the last several years, and that hate has been sown into their world view. Now we are seeing their anti-establishment mob mentality arising in the forms of groups such as Antifa.

That's not to say some level of antiestablishmentarianism (I've always wanted to use that word) is inherently a bad thing, we are on a conspiracy forum after all and I have a long history of making threads that question the "status quo". However it is extremely important to realize when that frustration is being harnessed and used to push their agenda, because I personally think it's very detestable to stoke up division and hatred for political reasons. People aren't just puppets to be socially engineered, but like most other dumb plans, it will ultimately backfire when the people you made "woke" start to truly awaken as a result of their increased skepticism.
edit on 22/4/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here's another example from just the law few days which I found quite humorous. When the recent church bombings were first reported a few days ago, the MSM said "we can't yet say if this was a terrorist attack". Yet I recall a story a few weeks ago about a guy beating up a Muslim or African guy with a bat, I can't really remember the exact details now, but they immediately labelled it a terrorist attack because the victim was in a "protected group" and the attacker was white, yet I think most people would dispute that labeling.
edit on 22/4/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's fun seeing some of these liberal media faces look so depressed, lost and abandoned.

Take CNN for example. After Bob Mueller's report cleared President Trump, CNN was still hoping (and PRAYING) that the Southern District of New York would still get Trump on campaign finance violations, or illegal business practices.

After additional analysis, an extreme left publication has (sadly) concluded that SDNY charges are not coming.

Story: slate.com...

CNN loses more of what little credibility they had left.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Hi ChaoticOrder,

Follow the money.

George Soros ---> CNN and MSNBC

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Market forces drive media of all types. If they can't hang ads, sell tickets or stream on programming that people want to watch, they don't make it.

All media has number crunchers to follow trends that will ultimately be produced. Of course there are niche markets appealing to selected demographics and the "artsy" vanity productions and they are a distinct minority.

It's capitalism...sell em what they want and if it bleeds it leads.

I work in the biz and for every person below the line there are five bean counters above in their glass and chrome offices calling the shots.

If you want conspiricy deep state cultural manipulation, you're in the right place...the interwebs.
edit on 22-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Hi ChaoticOrder,

Follow the money.

George Soros ---> CNN and MSNBC

I like short , sweet , simple answers that are absolute truths
If I cannot add nor detract from a post , that is what it is
I got nuthin.

edit on 4/23/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think we should rename this thread "The deceptive nature of human beings"

new topics

top topics

join