It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I posted this in the main thread covering the Sri Lankan terrorist attack. Recommended by another user to create a separate thread, so here it is.

The picture says it all. In response to the overnight terrorist attack, top Democrats are referring to the Christian victims as "Easter Worshipers". It's coordinated...not just randomly coming from one person with a trickle down effect. There was discussion by someone to refer to them as such.

Now, whether that someone was a DNC staffer or an intern who does all the social media managing for these folks and made the reference by their own separate judgement is worth considering. Or, has the purposeful neglect of Christian recognition been an ongoing topic behind closed doors and is set for a public release?

It could be nothing at all. But I do find it curious that an islamic terrorist attack aimed at Christians has a seemingly coordinated front by the left to remove the term "Christians".

Thoughts?

(Ohh...the "Defeattheelites" tag isn't mine. That was from the screenshot I saw floating around on Reddit)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

It's sad to see that most political leaders are so shallow that they need a "social media staffer" to determine what "emotion" they should display along with the wording.

It makes them look very 2 dimensional.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Tom Perez
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea who they march to but I am beginning to wonder about Perez. The guy behind the DNC curtain

Thomas Edward Perez (born October 7, 1961) is an American politician and attorney who is the Chair of the Democratic National Committee since February 2017. Perez was previously Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights (2009–2013) and United States Secretary of Labor (2013–2017).

Born in Buffalo, New York, Perez is a graduate of Brown University, Harvard Law School, and the John F. Kennedy School of Government. He clerked for Judge Zita Weinshienk in Colorado prior to serving as a federal civil rights prosecutor for the Department of Justice. He next worked for Senator Ted Kennedy and then served as the Director of the Office for Civil Rights at the Department of Health and Human Services in the final years of the Clinton administration.

Perez was then elected to the Montgomery County (Maryland) Council in 2002, serving as the council's president from 2005, until the end of his tenure in 2006. He attempted to run for the Democratic nomination for Attorney General of Maryland, but was disqualified for not having sufficient time as a member of the Maryland state bar. Perez was appointed by Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley to serve as Secretary of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation in January 2007, until his October 2009 confirmation by the United States Senate as Assistant Attorney General. In 2013, Perez was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the United States Secretary of Labor, replacing outgoing Secretary Hilda Solis.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-4-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Apr 22 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: added PARAGRAPHS ....trimmed overly long quote ..added SOURCE

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It could be nothing at all. But I do find it curious that an islamic terrorist attack aimed at Christians has a seemingly coordinated front by the left to remove the term "Christians".

The dems don't want any christians in their "party of tolerance"
Christians tend to have views opposite of the democratic platform, and still hold the majority in the usa.
It is not curious
It is by design

+46 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

I have never once in all my life ever heard of a Christian referred to as an "Easter Observer". I have never heard of a Muslim referred to as a "Ramadan Observer". I have never heard of a Jew referred to as a "Yom Kippur" observer.

Have you? Do you see how it's not a common reference?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Honest question, how many religions celebrate easter?

Or is it just christines?

I would think the catholics do too?

+58 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Spoiler alert:
Catholics are "Christians"

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

I have never once in all my life ever heard of a Christian referred to as an "Easter Observer". I have never heard of a Muslim referred to as a "Ramadan Observer". I have never heard of a Jew referred to as a "Yom Kippur" observer.

It really is a strange phrase. Easter worshiper. What if it's the proper phrase in sir lanka ?
What if that's just what people call each other there?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

They're trying to end the Christian religion.

All of these attacks religious attacks happening, aligning with what our young and modern Pope is saying, points out to a new religion being formed soon and or/the dissolution of Christianity as we know it.

You can label me as a conspirator all you want, but when it happens, don't forget you heard here first.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Were they not celebrating Easter?

What christian holiday is more Christian than the celebration of Jesus' resurrection?
I'm pretty sure the whole religion is based off of this single momentous event.

It's not like they were hunting for colored eggs and chocolate rabbits.

link   

It expresses that they were just in this moment celebrating easter nothing more.

link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

All of these attacks religious attacks happening, aligning with what our young and modern Pope is saying, points out to a new religion being formed soon and or/the dissolution of Christianity as we know it.

You can label me as a conspirator all you want, but when it happens, don't forget you heard here first.

The catholic church took itself down when they started messing with kids dude.

link   
a reply to: vinifalou

openly for a while

they cling to guns or religion

BHO

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Dems are against Christianity. The Muslim faith is much more tolerant and inclusive. (Sarc)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What do people expect.

If D's ever said the word christian they'd turn to a pillar of salt.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Assassin82

It really is a strange phrase. Easter worshiper. What if it's the proper phrase in sir lanka ?
What if that's just what people call each other there?

It could be. There's a decent percentage of Christians in the predominantly Buddhist country. 7.4% of the population are Christians. However, English is their recognized language so it would have to be very unique to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But you have heard of observing customs and observing holidays I am sure.

I hope so or perhaps you need to read more because that is a pretty common phrase used in regards to religious holidays.
Or as they are sometimes called ... religious observations.

This is kind of pointless to argue.

They are not saying what you are claiming they are saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They are not saying what you are claiming they are saying.

They are saying what you are claiming they are saying?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Were they not celebrating Easter?

What christian holiday is more Christian than the celebration of Jesus' resurrection?
I'm pretty sure the whole religion is based off of this single momentous event.

It's not like they were hunting for colored eggs and chocolate rabbits.

It's a strange phrase for an american to use you have to admit.
But it seems less so if you see it as a heavy pc group aiming those quotes directly at the sir lankan people.

Looks that way to me. Like they all consulted someone on what the best pc word to use when talking about that specific group of sir lankans would be.

A case of being overly concerned about not offending someone that's going through a hard time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join