It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Some people did something to some other people who were doing something 😶

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't see how the phrase "Easter worshiper" is somehow preferable to simply "Christian." Maybe you worship Easter; I do not. I worship God, and only God.

I simply find it strange that the very group who go out of their way to not offend anyone over anything can't seem to muster together the wherewithal to utter (type) the word "Christian." It does remind me of Revelation 20:4:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Literally speaking, "the souls of them that were beheaded" is the Greek "psyche pelekizo"... translated, "the vitality of those cut off" with the connotation of beheading. How better to "cut off" those who one wishes to cut off than to refuse to acknowledge their relationship to our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ on the very day we remember His crucifixion and resurrection?

"Easter worshiper" is offensive to me as a Christian. "Easter observer" might perhaps be a little more palatable, but that's not what was used.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd rather be an Easter worshiper, than a terrorist worshiper. I mean if we're gonna try to insult people, don't half-ass it.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So then Christians are not Easter worshippers then are they?

Jaden

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

So then Christians are not Easter worshippers then are they?

Jaden

I was wondering if it was going to circle back to that?
So who then was attacked?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Were they not celebrating Easter?

What christian holiday is more Christian than the celebration of Jesus' resurrection?
I'm pretty sure the whole religion is based off of this single momentous event.

It's not like they were hunting for colored eggs and chocolate rabbits.

I'm pretty sure Christians don't worship (notice the word) Easter, you can't be that blatantly, and more importantly obviously ignorant.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Yes thats extremelly odd to see so many "random" people, just, up and decide to start calling Christians "Easter Worshippers".

That doesn't happen without coordination.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Peeple

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

I have never once in all my life ever heard of a Christian referred to as an "Easter Observer". I have never heard of a Muslim referred to as a "Ramadan Observer". I have never heard of a Jew referred to as a "Yom Kippur" observer.

Have you? Do you see how it's not a common reference?

" Easter Observer " is a common used phase. Google it and you will find plenty of references.

Here are just a couple.

The study looked at 100 of the nation’s largest cities and compared them across the four dimensions of Easter Observers, Easter Traditions, Kids’ Easter (activities) and Easter Weather

www.swimsuitsworld.net...

Unfortunately for Easter observers, it is generally not safe to eat the beautiful eggs after you’ve dyed them.

people.com...

Nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Uhhhh...I think it's supposed to be Easter worshippers....as in worshipers out for Easter...because that's exactly what it was.

#ing reading comprehension these days...I swear.
edit on 22/4/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's easy to understand why people on the right miss the true intent here. It's very subtle, but once explained seems completely obvious.

The focus is not on the word Easter. It's on worshipers .

The connotation is that these people are mindless adorants in a similar sense to how we use the word in phrases like sun worshipers, phone worshipers, or worshipers of anything or anyone when a negative connotation is desired.

Calling them Christians provides too much cultural legitimacy. Can't have that now, can we?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, you got me. I screwed up in that particular reply and typed "Easter Observer". What I meant to write was "Easter Worshiper", like what's in the OP. That was my bad, and I own up to that typo. See..."Easter Worshiper" is so new to me that I'm not recognizing it as a real phrase or saying.

Now, with that said...what about "Easter Worshiper"?

Google that one and let me know what you find. I already did...and it's an interesting search result.

Let me help...
edit on 22-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Assassin82

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

I have never once in all my life ever heard of a Christian referred to as an "Easter Observer". I have never heard of a Muslim referred to as a "Ramadan Observer". I have never heard of a Jew referred to as a "Yom Kippur" observer.

Have you? Do you see how it's not a common reference?

" Easter Observer " is a common used phase. Google it and you will find plenty of references.

Here are just a couple.

The study looked at 100 of the nation’s largest cities and compared them across the four dimensions of Easter Observers, Easter Traditions, Kids’ Easter (activities) and Easter Weather

www.swimsuitsworld.net...

Unfortunately for Easter observers, it is generally not safe to eat the beautiful eggs after you’ve dyed them.

people.com...

Nothing to see here.

I have never heard the phrase in my life until now and if you say it's common I am calling you out on your bulls###.

Just because you can find Google references to something does not make it common.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The reply he quoted was my fault. I put "Observer" instead of "Worshiper".

Easter Observer is a common term. Easter Worshiper is not.

So...we're back to it having something to see here.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These are the post-modernist, politically-correct, political class. They believe in word politics, that through euphemism and newspeak they can alter hearts and minds. Instead of playing along and getting outraged, it might be best to dismiss it for the effete claptrap that it is.

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
and
and
a reply to: djz3ro
and

Please show us how common the specific phrase, "Easter worshipper," is prior to these attacks. I'll wait...

From google trends:

From Google Ngrams:

It would appear to not be in common usage at all.

And all of a sudden it gets blasted across the twittersphere?
edit on 22-4-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: minor typos

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It doesn't have to be common. It is short for what happened to specific people at a specific day.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
and
and
and

Please show us how common the specific phrase., "Easter worshipper," is prior to these attacks. I'll wait..

From google trends:

From Google Ngrams:

Well, once again, you come up with some actual reality. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Facts worshiper.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
and
and
and

Please show us how common the specific phrase, "Easter worshipper," is prior to these attacks. I'll wait...

From google trends:

From Google Ngrams:

OH...Now do: "Some People Doing Something"!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It doesn't have to be common. It is short for what happened to specific people at a specific day.

So you essentially decided to create a phrase to create your reality. Once again.

You people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join