It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOT what did everyone think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No spoilers here, but I'll tell you what I think. I have a bad memory and they probably waited too long from last season to this season.

I think there is a fine line to make people wait too long, and proper build up of anticipation. I think it was too long by six month, and maybe lost some people. I am going to have to go back and rewatch all of last season to do a refresh. I probably should have done that anyways.

Either way, of course I love GOT. One weird thing, I've always like Sansa but I feel like that is waning. Did they amp up the witchyness on her or what.

Ok one spoiler.

Was Cersei desperate or what??? ew ew ew, how could she!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It was clearly a filler / reminder episode to get things going.... nothing shocking or unexpected imho.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I thought it was a good introduction to the final season.
Wished it was longer though.

Sucks theres only 5 episodes left

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I am wondering when the penny is going to drop with Jon snow. He rode a dragon now after he rode denaeris, is he going to realize the fat scholar just told him she's his aunt, neice, half sister, etc.? Or does it matter after jamie and cersi bumping uglies for years? That was an interesting look at the end as well between jamie and bran. :-) Don't know if I remember all the names right, been a long time waiting lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/15.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pretty boring. Felt rushed like they are trying to cram too much in before getting to the upcoming CGI fest. I feel like the reveal to Jon about his true bloodline should've been given more attention. Seemed like it was just glossed over. Also, Jon riding a dragon should have been a bigger moment than it was.

We will see....

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Also, Jon riding a dragon should have been a bigger moment than it was.

That was so poorly done. I know what they were alluding to, but they didn't do it well at all. Yes it should have been much bigger. Maybe without Daenerys. That probably would have been even better.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Was Cersei desperate or what??? ew ew ew, how could she!

She was buying an alliance, her MO. She'll have a plan.
Evidently, there's a hit out on her brothers.
If she blames her current hand then she'll need a replacement.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

She'll also need a replacement dad for the baby she may or may not be carrying.

I though it was a good episode.
They really crammed a lot of info and catch up into the episode, which I liked, personally.
They have a limited amount of episodes to (maybe) wrap up the story, so a quick catch up / advance story line cram session was needed, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Spoilers!!

I think bran will have to personally keep the other starks from killing jamie.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sure but the emotional meetings where great.

I loved arya and john hugging at the tree.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Jon riding a dragon should have been a bigger moment than it was.

Agreed.
You would think jon would have been way more excited after getting off the dragon than he was.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They should have done another full season or two. Some of the connections and reunions are way too rushed. I’m not unhappy about where the shows at...but I’m not feeling some of it. Like John And Dany...there’s a lack of chemistry.

Right now Arya, Bran and Jamie fookin Lannister are my favorites.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

As a few other posters have made note in the masterthread, the dialogue has suffered considerably since they have run out of source material..

Say what you want about the fat man and how long he takes to produce a book..his work is proof you can't rush greatness..

They had two years and some of the dialogue still feels artificial..

That said..

I think you are right.. 6 episodes is not enough time to give these plotlines the fleshed out resolution they deserve..

And that said,

I'm not entirely disappointed and hold out hope it will finish strong.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Felt rushed.
Wooden acting and poor script - a good story ruined by the writers and an apparent need to jam an entire season into 1 episode.
I don't hold out much hope for the next 5 episodes - hype seems to have replaced substance.

edit on 15/4/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Also, Jon riding a dragon should have been a bigger moment than it was.

That was so poorly done. I know what they were alluding to, but they didn't do it well at all. Yes it should have been much bigger. Maybe without Daenerys. That probably would have been even better.

Yeah, I thought the whole significance of it was that the dragons recognised a Targaryan, but Jon just jumped on and Dany was not even surprised - didn't even question it.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I loved it!!!

I think the army of the dead is going to skip Winterfell and head south. They will kill all the small towns building up their army until they take out Kings Landing.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I like the way Sansa is at full strength of her character. I liked Sansa's comment about Joffrey's wedding had it's moments.

It would be cool so see what Ayra is going to do with her weapon. Bran's character is really interesting at this point.

I'm okay with all the other stuff. At this point in the show I'd like to see all the threads rush to a conclusion with the impending doom.

I don't understand why people are so nitpicking critical.

edit on 16-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I like the way Sansa is at full strength of her character. I liked Sansa's comment about Joffrey's wedding had it's moments.

It would be cool so see what Ayra is going to do with her weapon. Bran's character is really interesting at this point.

I'm okay with all the other stuff. At this point in the show I'd like to see all the threads rush to a conclusion with the impending doom.

I don't understand why people are so nitpicking critical.

Well, let’s see. For starters there are countless storylines they are rushing through. There is no chemistry between Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. They hurried through it terribly. Aryas reunion with Jon should have been better but they crammed so much into the episode that it felt like a 2 week reunion more than a 7-8 year reunion.

There’s 5 episodes left to finish this story. In those 5 episodes Winterfell will fall, the dead will likely march to Kings Landing, just about everyone will die and some how we’ll get our victor. Major deaths will be overlooked, plot holes will be ignored, and back stories will never get their just due. But the could have.

Mike Stivic said it best in a comment above...once the show runners took the reigns from GRRM, it’s been a lesser product. I didn’t realize it then, but I do now in retrospect. It’s probably an economical decision...financially it wouldn’t have been as lucrative to power through 9 or 10 seasons...but they will get top return with a 6 episode 8th season despite the lack of storytelling and character building.

But the viewers become the biggest losers. Here is this massive world of mythical creatures and magical powers. It puts the person watching in an entirely different part of this world each week, and takes them out of their own for an hour at a time. That is the true power of the show. In its hurry to get maximum ROI, they’ve stripped the viewers from living in this fantasyland. Which, ok, that’s HBO’s prerogatives...they can do as they wish. But the fans of the show don’t have to like it.

It’s like my house. We spent years saving for it. Then we invested time designing it with the home builder, and the lead up to closing on it was fun and exciting. Only to find that the builders rushed through the construction and gave us a disappointing final product.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I think it's going to feel rushed, but maybe if during the middle of the run, something, ANYTHING, would have happened, we might be further into the end of the story than we are. I almost bailed in Season 3 or 4 because it was just so long and drawn out, with multiple episodes where absolutely nothing happened to move the story along in any meaningful way. That was the height of too many characters and not enough screen time.

When we finally got to the Red Wedding, I celebrated the death of so many characters I barely cared about. It was like a nice cleansing of them all.

I can't tell you how many times back then, a scene would switch and I would immediately think, "Wait, who are you again, and why do I care?"

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Loved the ending, Bran and Jamie face to face.. theyve not seen each other since he was pushed out the window.
Hated Arya and Johns reunion... Sansa and Johns was better.
DIdnt enjoy Greyjoy freeing yara so quickly, then suddenly on a boat a million miles away.. that was rushed
John and Dany's dragon scene, c'mon writers - this isnt hollywood.. leave that romcom crap aside!

I enjoyed Arya and the blacksmiths reunion ''what every you say, ma lady!''

Is Cersai going to play the ''its your baby'' game on euron and get him to kill jamie?
Surely Sir Bron of the Fkn Blackwater will not kill Tyrion... surely not
Sansa's ice cold looks and sideways looks are overdone.. its to much dramatic faces there

I think the Dragons know Johns the King, Dany will go apesh1t bonkers when its revealed she's 2nd in line and she'll try to kill them all, but the Dragons will stand with John.

Klegane bowls a no brainer - keep in mind that the Mountain died and came back, so can he technically become a white walker? dead vs dead?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join