It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the Rice is on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
TST started this yogurt thing, and it's a good thing!!

I think we'll do lettuce wraps for the meat. With some Jasmine rice on the side.

We took TST's recipe and added some eastern spices to the yogurt for the marinade, not forgetting the lemon (turmeric) (just can't spell that word right!).

We'll have some naan bread, olive oil coated with some fresh garlic...and the Chicken Tikka.

The Greek yogurt really does some magical things to the meat. The lemon juice is fairly excellent!

So, I guess we'll see.

TST...DO post your results!!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

hope it turns out good man.

crazy how the seed gets planted so fast.

you saw a post of mine and it got you.

i was listening to a podcast where they mentioned it and i wanted it so bad i went out and bought a new grill just so i could make it.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Basmati rice or it's just filler lol

If you got saffron that rice could count as a meal in its self and cost more than a steak but soo worth it

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I like white rice and brown rice but do not like Jasmine rice much for some reason. It seems to have a sweet flavor and smells funny.

I don't mind wild rice either, but it seems too pricey for rice. A little wild rice mixed in with the white and brown in dishes is good though, although it takes longer to make and i cook it separate. Sometimes the brown rice takes longer than the white too. I use the brown and white in soups quite often, just need to put the brown in six or seven minutes before the white. I don't care much for the sticky rice they use in some sushi rolls either, I ate some just like rice on time and it is hard to digest for me .

We actually dumped about a pound of Jasmine rice into the garbage a few months ago and put the brown rice into it's jar, the wife doesn't care for it either. I don't care if the Jasmine rice was organic, the brown organic rice deserves a nice jar.
edit on 14-4-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm the exact opposite I guess, I don't like brown rice (which is probably not a healthy thing). I don't know why, but I just don't. It's like eating sawdust to me.

I love me some wild rice, especially the long grain stuff. And just about every other rice too (except brown rice).

To each their own I guess.

Throwing Jasmine rice away??? The horror!!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds good, it's kinda like a shawarma/tikka mash up.

Maybe some nice pickled onions or shallots as a condiment for the sandwich.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm the exact opposite I guess, I don't like brown rice (which is probably not a healthy thing). I don't know why, but I just don't. It's like eating sawdust to me.

I love me some wild rice, especially the long grain stuff. And just about every other rice too (except brown rice).

To each their own I guess.

Throwing Jasmine rice away??? The horror!!

I can't actually describe the taste in Jasmine rice I do not like. It is sort of aromatic or something, you can smell it when you eat it. Yeah, some brown rice is not that good, and as far as nutrition goes, it is considered an anti-nutrient. I do like the long grain white rice but only occasionally. Adding some of the wild rice to white rice makes for a good rice dish. I never use pure brown rice in my soups, I use maybe an eighth cup along with about a cup of long grain white in my chicken and rice. They are going to have a bulk sale at the coop at the end of the month, twenty percent off. I will probably buy some wild rice to put in stock. It runs about seven to eight bucks a pound here for organic wild rice.

new topics

top topics

join