It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submarine Cables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Now, to be honest, I'm not sure if this is a conspiracy, but it's definitely odd.

For about the past year, possibly longer, I have been seeing truckload after truckload of submarine telecommunications and power cables going down the interstate. They are usually on I-70 traveling from west to east, and they usually run in convoys of 4-5 trucks. They seem to be running all day. On any given day I will see 2-3 groups of these trucks at various times of the day. I'm sure for every group I see there are twenty I don't.

I drive on I-70 every day, twice a day, and I'm always seeing them. They're big trucks, and they're unmistakeable with these giant reels of cable on them. These are not your average power line type cables, they're heavily armored submarine cables. They're about 4-6" in diameter and have fiber and copper and aluminum conductors inside with heavy kevlar jackets and various other armoring materials (I've looked at some of them up close at a truck stop once).

Now granted, laying a trans-oceanic cable is a big operation, but the quantities of cable I've seen in recent months could do this several times over.

Where is all this cable going?

That, or I need to start investing in a different business sector because submarine cable is where it's at apparently!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Makes me think of the buoyant cable antennas submarines are fitted with. Maybe they’re doing some type of upgrade on the east coast submarines.

Link
edit on 9-4-2019 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here is a submarine cable map if that helps.

www.submarinecablemap.com...

It seems to be a huge thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Theres always some idiot captain dragging an anchor over a cable or two somewhere in the world so you need the spare cable on hand to splice together the damaged sections and possibly they're doing it as a bulk batch so the tool up and produce enough for 6 months supply and then go back to the usual stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They aren't submarine cables.

They are the cables used for the orbital lifting device. It was discovered that the cheapest means for heavy lifting into orbit is with a space "elevator". The "Coalition", which includes at least one race of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities who have been providing the human members of the Coalition with technical expertise, is in the process of building 3 of these space elevators.

See more and a representative example picture at:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well observed!

Google and other tech giants are quietly buying up the most important part of the internet

In February, the company announced its intention to move forward with the development of the Curie cable, a new undersea line stretching from California to Chile. It will be the first private intercontinental cable ever built by a major non-telecom company.

2016 saw the start of a massive submarine cable boom, and this time, the buyers are content providers. Corporations like Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon all seem to share Google’s aspirations for bottom-of-the-ocean dominance.

edit on 9-4-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Always S&F my friend. At first I thought this would be similar to a sub drain plug or screen door...lol?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

This stuff is way bigger than you could ever coil up inside a submarine. A buddy of mine was in the Navy and worked on those things, they're tiny in comparison to this stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Does the kevlar coating make it harder to cut and tap into after setting a sub on the ocean floor like we did to the Russians??? HEHEHE.

Probably quite the project to lay cables on the ocean floor.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Probably not, but I'm sure it helps with things like sharp rock outcroppings, ship anchors and other stuff.

Yes it is, I was watching some videos on it earlier and it's quite an operation! A very specialized operation.

ETA - I wanted to see how they keep the cables from kinking as they unwind them from the ship. I still don't get it. Imagine a coiled up hose, if pull the coil from the side (which is what they do) and don't allow it to rotate somehow the hose will eventually kink. The ships have these giant tables which turn as they pay out cable, but they're not paying the cable out like you would off of a reel, so the cable would need to be unkinked somehow.

edit on 4/9/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it isn't power wire as I just saw a video of what I thought was high tension power wire, but it was encapsulated in about 8 layers of insulation and it had 3 MASSIVE copper conductors inside. This lead me to beleive they were to be burried b/c the extra weight of the insulation and the use of copper instead of aluminum. The interior cables were probably 2"+ in diameter (with 3 or 5 of them). The video showed how the cables were spliced and then a new seal was created around the splice which consisted of basically wrapping it with wire mesh, then Saran wrap type stuff and then injecting a "gel" or gooey insulation inside the plastic, followed by a hard exterior shell.

This cable they were working on is pretty much like you described and about the same diameter. I guess it could be OC-3840, IDK what diameter that stuff is though or if it is even available in submarine cable.

This is the type of cable I was describing:

collection.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

top topics

join