It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All caps in forum titles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You know what I think deserves a warn?

More than three smilies in a row.

Derailing a thread with "housekeeping". (This has been done before, and why are you shouting? etc...) There's 30+ moderators for a reason.

Not using the preview post feature to find out your UBB code is wrong and having a screwed up quote that no one can decipher.

I could probably go on and on.

Bottom line: Suck it up, life ain't perfect.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Might want to use the search function.This has been discussed before

Above is just a stab at LadyV

I expected it from you.....really I did! Oh...and I do use the search function....don't you wish everybody did!?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete

Bottom line: Suck it up, life ain't perfect.

Uh hu....I don't want to...no life "ain't" perfect.....but it drives me bonkers.....so does typing and ending sentences with no space between the period and the next sentence.....I'm just full of them aren't I....LOL Actually that's about it....repeats, all caps and no spaces....the long posts with no paragraphs.....doesn't really bother me, I just skip em...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Okay.

But people dislike the "board police" much more than 16 year old new members that don't know netiquitte.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
We should introduce "anti-caps" laws into ATS and whoever breaks these laws goes under site arrest, not be allowed to leave their personal webspace until futher notice.

If the offence continues to take place, they shall be secretly removed via "anti-caps" raids on their homes. If problems contain, we shall introduce the "CAPS Patriot Act" which will strip all of us from our internet rights to protect the freedom of this website. Then we will launch wars against other sites who show support of CAPS groups, especially sites which are french.

Problem solved

[edit on 3-3-2005 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
We should introduce "anti-caps" laws into ATS and whoever breaks these laws goes under site arrest, not be allowed to leave their personal webspace until futher notice.

If the offence continues to take place, they shall be secretly removed via "anti-caps" raids on their homes. If problems contain, we shall introduce the "CAPS Patriot Act" which will strip all of us from our internet rights to protect the freedom of this website. Then we will launch wars against other sites who show support of CAPS groups, especially sites which are french.

Problem solved

[edit on 3-3-2005 by infinite]

im in...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We've got plenty of Mods to catch such things...and we don't mind making such minor corrections. By all means, bring it to our attention, and we'll edit such titles..

I usually add a sarcastic tagline like...

EDIT: Edited by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to All Caps.

Now if it's REPEATEDLY done on purpose, and despite asking nicely, well THEN they're likely to get the smack down....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think that the worst offence is when people act like moderators when they are not one. Either that or when people say that you are wrong and bash you yet never cite anything. There should be a citation rule passed where if you do not cite your posts you are "frozen" for overuse of opinion. This is a discussion cite to cipher out ignorance, not preach about things that we know nothing about.

I admit that I have commited many of the previous offences, however the second one I listed is the most detrimental to ATS. People lose their cool and attack each other rather than their arguments. ATS is about the spread of knowledge not a presidential debate. We are judge on how well we make our points not how many daggers we can throw at each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When I see something ALL IN CAPS I read it as if I am being shouted at.

I am not shouted at in life for the most part, and am rather inclined to avoid the topics that are yelling at me.

I delete Emails I recieve written in a SHOUTING MANNER FOR ATTENTION!

I myself use caps in sentances on one word or two as emphasis, for when speaking I emphasize certain words, and I try to post in the manner of my speaking voice. I read this thread, and realise how I feel about the issue, and wonder if MY capping off a word or two is just a plain bad idea.....?

Things that make me go......hmmmmmmmm

[edit on 22-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I delete Emails I recieve written in a SHOUTING MANNER FOR ATTENTION!

Warns from staff (such as ONE LINE RESPONSE) arrive in your u2u box in all caps. Perhaps members should not ignore and simply delete these.

In the case of these u2u's, staff wants to get the member's attention. I would not advise ignoring these communications.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Oops, I just tripped over one of the many toys that are littering the floor after have being thrown from the parambulator in a most vigorous manner.

I know this is gonna upset some people, but this is another example of some ATS members taking issue with things that, to be honest, are not THAT important, in the grand scheme of things, if you get what I mean.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I got a better idea, why dont ATS members work together and build the first keyboard without a caps key

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I know this is gonna upset some people, but this is another example of some ATS members taking issue with things that, to be honest, are not THAT important, in the grand scheme of things, if you get what I mean.

I don't think that will "upset" anyone. You seem forget that "everyone" including you, as no one is devoid ….has their own little, silly little things that bother them and/or obsessions. In the BB Internet world caps mean you are yelling or screaming...and some people read it that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
For the LOVE OF CHRIST...will somebody just make Lady V a damn MODERATOR already??!

ugh...I can feel the creeping of "synchophantis" all over me. Makes me want to puke.

What's happened to this board?

"The single act of obedience is the cornerstone of authority" - R.A.W

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Um....this is an old thread dear and I was simply explaining myself to the poster that I quoted.....I hear "just don't read them then" hard to do when it your going over thread titles....you on the other hand, didn't have to open this thread at all to avoid what you apparently do not like.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join