It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An atheist correcting atheist myths on history

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To the OP. Is atheism just directed at Christianity?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hypatia

Enough evidence for me to make an assumption that Christianity and Christians had a direct negative influence on 'Medieval' Europe.

There's a lot of 'corrections' there, I'm going to scour through some see what 'truth' I get.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Hypatia

Enough evidence for me to make an assumption that Christianity and Christians had a direct negative influence on 'Medieval' Europe.

There's a lot of 'corrections' there, I'm going to scour through some see what 'truth' I get.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To the OP. Is atheism just directed at Christianity?

No one is claiming that. The purpose of this guys blog is to show that some of the "truths" that atheist use in their conversations about historical events are actually false.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Sounds like a case of a person with a little knowledge making an epithany as he has discovered the proverbial holy grail,he may be correct in some answers but only enough to make an opinion

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm an atheist and I've never believed--or even really considered it as an argument--any of the things that mystery writer lists as fake history.

None of that applies to my own conclusions about the existence of a supreme being/designer/etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ahteism is just not having any belief in God or Gods.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well, this was certainly a very interesting blog you presented.

Thank you for sharing.

To those who cannot seem to find any articles on the blog I can only say that it is not that difficult. You will, no doubt, succeed if you persevere just a little past the three second mark.

For science, and for those unable to navigate websites, here are direct links:

1 - Medieval Flat Earth Myth

2 - Mithras Christmas Myth

3 - Giordano Bruno Martyr for Science Myth

4 - Constatine Nicaea Bible Myth

5 - Library of Alexandria Myths

6 - Copernicus Deathbed Publication Myth

As a bonus, before I leave you to navigate on your own, here are some Jesus related articles:

Amalgam Jesus

Did Jesus Exist?

Deny ignorance and all that..

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I kind of stopped right here..

That Christianity caused the “Dark Ages” by systematically destroying almost all ancient Greco-Roman learning,

On the one hand a wide blanket statement that all christians set out to destroy knowledge, when on the other hand its widely recorded that Irish monks traveled the length and breadth of Europe saving every book they could get their hands on.

plus it ignores the geo-political shenanigans that were going on between the different powers, it makes it hard to take anything they say seriously after that moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I came to that conclusion myself , that the Roman empire created christ in order to defeat pagan cultures they couldnt conquer by force, so they tried it with ideology and it worked ! too bad Rome fell!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I came to that conclusion myself , that the Roman empire created christ in order to defeat pagan cultures they couldnt conquer by force, so they tried it with ideology and it worked ! too bad Rome fell!

Yea the Roman's decided it was a good idea to have the entire empire worship the guy who the Roman's tortured and executed.

The Christians grew throughout the empire way before Constantine so how did they just make it up?

Now I'll give you that a factor in the fall of the Roman's was due to a Christian empire instead of a pagen warlike religion.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Well, this was certainly a very interesting blog you presented.

Thank you for sharing.

To those who cannot seem to find any articles on the blog I can only say that it is not that difficult. You will, no doubt, succeed if you persevere just a little past the three second mark.

For science, and for those unable to navigate websites, here are direct links:

1 - Medieval Flat Earth Myth

2 - Mithras Christmas Myth

3 - Giordano Bruno Martyr for Science Myth

4 - Constatine Nicaea Bible Myth

5 - Library of Alexandria Myths

6 - Copernicus Deathbed Publication Myth

As a bonus, before I leave you to navigate on your own, here are some Jesus related articles:

Amalgam Jesus

Did Jesus Exist?

Deny ignorance and all that..

Because of the subject at hand it probably could be placed on a human flesh USB interface and plugged directly into their skull which turned on a projected occludding all sight and then showing nothing but the links in their ocular view. Still they would be "confused".

Of course not confused, but actually unwilling.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Each instance listed was a very multi-faceted issue at it's point in time & where it was geographically. Christianity may not have been the sole reason for the Dark Ages, for example, but it damn sure did not help humanity out any at the time. If it were a gear, you could call it one of the parts of the Problem Machine that lead to the end results that we now quantify as those Dark Ages.

The thread is indeed click bait, since you're ignoring every single thing that lead to each of the examples listed in effort to focus on & target the folks you don't like. That's a simpleton's method of historical examination.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Do you have link to the actual essay[s] that dispels these so called myths?

It's called the search window on the right side of the page.

To OP: Good reading, nice find!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here we go again.

The only connection Atheist's have is LACK OF BELIEF IN A GOD

Beyond that - - they are individuals - - with individual philosophies.

Atheists disagree on many things including history.

Trying to "pin down" Atheist philosophies as a Single Unit - - is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't think anyone is doing that. I am not sure why you do.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Each instance listed was a very multi-faceted issue at it's point in time & where it was geographically. Christianity may not have been the sole reason for the Dark Ages, for example, but it damn sure did not help humanity out any at the time. If it were a gear, you could call it one of the parts of the Problem Machine that lead to the end results that we now quantify as those Dark Ages.

The thread is indeed click bait, since you're ignoring every single thing that lead to each of the examples listed in effort to focus on & target the folks you don't like. That's a simpleton's method of historical examination.

Thank you for taking the time to type that. It means alot to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join