It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Magnetic Bacteria Hold The Key To Experiancers?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

As I said, it's a very popular, and oft repeated misconception. An oracle may accommodate seers, prophets and visionaries, have attendent priesthoods, or it may have nothing at all, or just a set of dice and a single guardian, but the oracle is a specified physical location. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of them. The vast majority are still there of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

What are your thoughts on the genius loci?

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Generally or specifically? In the context of magnetic bacteria or oracles?

At this point my thoughts would be simply that it depends by what you mean by genius loci in a given context, otherwise that's too broad a question for me to answer.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Not really in context of magbac, and generally rather than specifically.

One of the biggest problems for me are definitions. To my mind, the genius loci is the spirit of the place. Additionally, defining spirit as what happens when a group of talented musicians perform together, they have a collective spirit greater than the sum of the individuals.

Whereas the Romans apparently use the term protective.

In classical Roman religion, a genius loci was the protective spirit of a place. -- source: Google search.

I feel using the term 'spirit' as a general synonym for things paranormal is untidy, even though I have used it generally. 'Astral' is even worse, occultists don't even agree, and they're supposed to be the authorities and are supposed to at home there. Arrrgghh!

I just wondered what you meant by the term genius loci.

edit on 8-2-2021 by NobodySpecial268 because: tidyness

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
I just wondered what you meant by the term genius loci.

It's not a term, as I recall, that I have ever used, you're the first to force me. I don't think I would use in a personal context to describe how I experienced a place but I accept it as a term that others may use to describe their experience of place, and in some cases what others in the past may have sought out to experience in some places.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 02:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join