It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Wolfenstein game Announced ..... Lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh boy .....

I think I know why BJ has gone missing.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm torn on Wolfenstein.

On one hand, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was such an iconic and nostalgic game fore me. I played it on the original Xbox, and it was one of the first games I got into playing online. Since then they have not been adding online segments to their game, which was a shame. It was one of the first console FPS that had class sets you would pick to make different weapons and gadgets available, which really set up a nice team dynamic.

On the other hand, we have seen a decrease in true campaign solo play games... So I'll just sit down and STFU since some people don't get that anymore....

I hope some people find true enjoyment in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Oh boy .....

I think I know why BJ has gone missing.

Cool. The last one and the add-on games were really good. I will pick this up most likely. I'm old enough to remember the original. I like the last one as it is fairly simple for a shooter with excellent graphics. Just point, shoot, and gratuitous violence.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I was 5 in 95' and had an uncle who was a bad influence and always gave me the floppy sets to wolfenstein and return of the triad.

I would run through the command prompt and game away.

My mom was mad but impressed I ran through the msdos

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I kind of liked the Wolfenstein game's, shoot em up's with NAZI's for target practice.
I am not a sexist.
But this look's to be just more politically corrected ultra weirdo stuff with female characters (that look suspiciously like ME Andromeda characters - so not pretty one's) taking the role of a big burly hardened die calloused bitter but determined freedom fighting male protagonist and apparently suffering absolutely no strength penalty when they are fighting those cybernetically enhanced armored brain dead chip implanted nazi zombie soldiers.

I think I shall give this one a miss but then again if it is on sale at some point for under a tenner - IF I am still around by that time I may buy it for a laugh since I did once upon a time like the franchise a bit.

I don't know it look's like that BLT crowd or whatever they are called, sandwich faces or something are even taking over the computer gaming scene now, I mean first they killed doctor who and now BJ Blazkowitze of whatever he was called is nothing sacred.

Or maybe I am just a dinosaur.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL. I'm a bit older and remember the fun we had when Doom and Wolfenstein first came out. Entire computer labs just gaming away in high school and college.

I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, but I like to play casually now. I really liked the last Wolfenstein as it was so simple. I feel like games nowadays get too complicated. It had a really good story, graphics, and cut scenes. The gun play was excellent. Just simple and to the point. Just blow nazi's away.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

In that regard, maybe they're more true to their roots than most sell out titles.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I look back upon Wolfenstein 3d and Wolfenstein : enemy territory as a wonderfull experience wich gave shape to my preference in the shoot em up genre

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's exactly what I took from the trailer mate , Ubi did it with Far Cry 5 too.

Poor BJ , survived all those Nazi's but done in by SJW's

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I was kind of tongue in cheek with my reply as I read that into your post so was just being kind of dry though my humor is a bit odd at time's.

Still it's thing's like this that make me wish I still had my old Amstrad and some of those old 1.99 or 2.99 mastertronic game's to pop into it's old tape deck, they were fun, never took themselves too seriously, but those loading time's on those old tape deck's, really showing my age here.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

return of the triad.

Star for you just for the mention of Triad

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I think I still know where the walls you can walk through are haha.

new topics

top topics

join