It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - Announcement Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Soooooooooo Exited !

15 years after the original Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Paradox Interactive have announced a sequel to the broken but utterly brilliant original , it won' be developed by Troika Games as they went bust shortly after the original launched but the story has been written by the guy who wrote the original.

Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines has developed a cult following over the years mostly due to the bucket loads of atmosphere the game created and its great story , freedom of movement and choice within the world and the opportunity be be a Vampire and interact with the world and its inhabitants in the first person view.
The game was so buggy at launch I picked it up on sale shortly after launch at our local Game store but following the demise of Troika Games a dedicated community eventually patched most of the bugs out , I still have the original on my games shelf.

The game is expected to release Q1 2020 and the developers promise the return of a few familiar faces , hope "Nines" Rodriguez is one of them ... cool dude.

I really hope the sequel can deliver on the promise of the buggy but brilliant original game.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ha, I used to play the paper RPG version Vampire back in the day. (As well as werewolf, wraith, mage, etc.) Was a very interesting game, better than Palladium RPG's and more hip, at the time, than D&D. I never knew it was made into a PC game.
I might have to check this out.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I honestly don't have high expectations of this game and that may be for the better. I bought the first one the day it released and I still have the discs today. It's not very often that I play through a game multiple times but I played through this one with every faction just to see how the story could change. I never did research the modding community and play through it with any of that, but I can honestly say this is one of my favorite games.

With that said, though, I think this game will have too much hype going for it and I don't believe it will live up to it. The first game was great but it was never fully finished, and many games nowadays suffer from similar issues. Too often are they unfinished because of deadline demands, and if the game doesn't sell well there's no guarantee of patches to finish them. Add that to all the hype going for it and I fear allowing myself to become too excited about this.

Not only that but I believe I've seen this trailer before. I could be wrong but isn't this the same trailer they used when someone was trying to turn this world into an MMO?? Everything about it feels familiar which leads me to believe they just got the license and claimed to be making a game without any sort of gameplay to show. That also worries me. They're starting the hype-train before they have anything to hype up(besides the name).

I do have it on my wishlist, but I'm going in expecting it to be a mess.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Never played the original, but ANYTHING with Vampires and I'm in! .... trailer was good, so I am excited to see more of this for sure, some gameplay etc

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I have still got both but have not actually played bloodines for a great many years, never played the pen and paper game though.

As computer game's go they were both superb but the better game by far and the one that could really do with a remake was actually in my opinion Redemption, unlike Bloodlines which was based on the Half Life 2 engine redemption was a third person game.

Despite being in so many way's a more primitive experience redemption had a far better story though it was far more on the rail's and you only had the premade character to play a crusader whom is recovering in prague, fall's in love with a nun much to the anger of the local bishop whom also has his eye on her and tries to send him to his death to clear out some monsters from a local mine, these turn out to be Tzimisce creation's with a high ranking vampire Tzimisce flesh crafter as there master.

Against the Odd's Kristoff defeats the creature and return's but his victory does not go unnoticed and some other vampire elders in the city - enemy's of the Tzimisce have taken notice so that night an ancient vampire mistress turn's Kristoff against his will.

So begins a quest for redemption by the Knight whom think's himself now a damned creature, this eventually leads him to a time of revolt in the city were during an uprising by the people against there vampire prince he is buried in the destruction of the castle and is awakened century's later by members of a vampire hunting sect - whose leader it turn's out is a vampire himself whom practices the vile art of drinking the blood of other vampires.

And in the course of event's he is reunited with his love whom it turn's out was also in love with him and broke her own oath to search him out eventually even giving herself over to the vampires as a way to try to find him, he redeems her eventually and in so doing may not have saved his soul but has saved his love.

Basically while not a first person shooter the game was superior in almost every way to the later Troika game based on the franchise but still remains' one of the best RPG's of it's time and it was a terrible shame that Troika closed down as they had created a fantastic game.
Redemption (nihilistic software)

Bloodlines (troika game studios)

Were bloodlines was better, it was a later game, it was a much more full RPG with character creation and it had many way's to play through the game but not as many as it would have had if Troika had not been in trouble as the game was really not even half finished when it was released and even with the community patches and expansion's it is still probably not what they had originally envisaged - but remains one of my favourite RPG's of all time - though I do prefer the story and plot of redemption far more.

And sadly the real Vampires sucked the blood out of a fan made remake that was going to bring us the bloodline's we always wanted causing Project Vaulderie to have to shut down.
www.projectvaulderie.com...

Project Vaulderie was what it said on the tin a fan made REMAKE of bloodline's which would have added in full multi player support as well - not a multi player fan myself but you can see why some would want to be members different vampire clan's vampire's and vampire hunter clan's as well as werewolf clan's.

So I do hope for those that are going to play this new VTM game that it is actually good.

edit on 24-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

If it's aiming for a Q1 release I would expect gameplay and more detail at E3 in June , maybe a Beta ant the end of the year , E3 could be the clincher for excitement levels.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines holds a special place in my heart , it was groundbreaking and one of my fondest gaming memories , fingers crossed for the sequel.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for the info mate , TBH I didn't know about Redemption or that it started life as a pen and paper game , guess Redemption must have slipped under my radar.

The new game must have been in development for a while if it's launching early next year so hopefully they'll show a product we can all look forward to , I know the game I want I hope they do too.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

It took a very special group to play Wraith. The other games not so much. But Wraith was rather...unique. Even if you cut out the more difficult aspects of the game.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks like 2020 is shaping up to be a good year for gaming , Bloodlines 2 has a new gameplay video and a release date of Q1 2020.

I loved the first one hopefully this will be as good as that but without the bugs.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
18 minutes of Pre Alpha Bloodlines 2 game footage , it certainly has the atmosphere of the original.

new topics

top topics

join