It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO community still believes — and science is starting to listen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nothing earth shattering but an interesting article on some sightings and how more scientific people are beginning to come forward and say let's study this sucker. Which makes sense to me..

Before if a politician or a scientist entertained there might be something to these UFO stories they were classified as a nut job wacko.. That started Changing with Jimmy Carter's sighting and his admitance... but it takes a long time to change many people's world view as unfortunately some still, in their heart of hearts, believe humans are the center of the universe..

Email

ORLANDO, Fla. — He appeared as if a hologram at first — then solid — suddenly there and clear as you or I, at the edge of the forest behind Trish Bishop’s home in Kissimmee.

It was a Thursday in March 2013, the glow of the afternoon tucking in for the day behind the trees. He stood tall, at least 6-foot-3, perhaps 220 pounds and certainly muscular, wearing a formfitting tan colored uniform, boots, and gloves. He lingered by the crape myrtle tree in the middle of the backyard.

When he turned around, it was his face, she remembers, that stopped her.

Bulging eyes jutting so far out of the sockets that Bishop wondered whether he could close them. Skin white as chalk. And a jaw so large, it dispelled any notions the government worker had of the visitor being human.

“If you compare a human jawbone to his, we would be a Chihuahua to a pit bull,” Bishop said.

Paralyzed with fear, she watched as what she believed to be an alien appeared to climb invisible steps, stopping often to snatch glances at her from where she sat on her back porch, fumbling with her phone to appear as though she couldn’t see him.

Her finger was pressed on the number “9” to dial for help.

When he was about 10 feet off the ground, he turned his back to her and pulled himself up — “into a UFO?” she thought — and was gone.

Bishop sat stunned. “I’ve got a freaking alien in my backyard,” she thought.

www.philly.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

scientific people are beginning to come forward and say let's study this sucker.

They studied this before we even knew the existence of it, but they never got it on paper.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Not surprising in the least, most ufo's can be explained, and let's not even get started on the hoaxers...but there still remains those truly unsolved cases. Also the advancements we've made regarding exploring the cosmos, it's almost mathematically impossible we are alone.

Good to see it becoming more accepted publicly! Nice thread, thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I would never believe accounts like her story, if I hadn't had my own encounters with the unknown.

I don't blame the general public for finding this stuff hard to believe. For most, it only becomes east to accept, if the same type of unbelievable occurrence, happens to you.

Witnessed a disembodied humanoid shadow, at 3-4pm in the afternoon. I was 12, so I can assure you I was cold sober. It was so out of place, I assumed it had to be my own shadow. I waved, it waved, ok this is me.

So I stopped waving. The shadow continued to wave.

That's when I immediately checked every possible location this shadow could be cast from. No one else around. It slowly sank down on the wall, until it disappeared like it was walking down stairs, below the floor of the room.

I had previously had an abduction experience, that if I wanted to delude myself, I could explain away as a dream. Seeing that happen, while I was wide awake, in the middle of the day... Yeah, that was the first time I learned that there really are things that happen on our planet, that defy mainstream acceptance, yet are also true.
edit on 24-3-2019 by Archivalist because: Meh

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You are welcome.. I have never seen anything I could not explain however one of the guys in our band was going to Oklahoma city with his whole family... just before Norman Oklahoma on I-35 many of the cars were pulled over as everyone watched a classic flying disk which was just hovering...Rather hard to do in Oklahoma winds IMO..hahahah. Dave's whole family could not shut up about the event for a couple of days.. Then probably due to the weird looks and bible belt mentality they shut up. They were big community leaders so I guess it did not do much for their image ? I just thought his sister was funny when she explained what they had seen.. The Dad was more of a I don't know what we saw" kinda guy.. Dave has never changed his story and that was over 55 years ago..

Years later just a few pilots I flew with ever said they had seen something but except for one they were all just lights in the sky..

To many witnesses, who have nothing to gain, have come forward with their stories of sightings to be dismissed IMO.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this, you beat me to it. I saw this Friday night. It is kind of an unusual article for the Orlando Sentinel which is where this comes from. Usually, if its space related, they are covering NASA launches. If you read it from the Orlando Sentinel web site, there is also a movie that plays which is much more extensive than what is written.

Original Article at Orlando Sentinel

The original article is worth checking out.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Not surprising in the least, most ufo's can be explained, and let's not even get started on the hoaxers.

Official unexplained report percentages have been stated at around 20% - also an interesting article in this thread concerning PBSR14 stating that less than 2% fell into the hoax category

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You mentioned Jimmy Carter but I thought it was common knowledge that no one who was actually with him at the time witnessed anything strange (other than possibly Venus)?

top topics

join