It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway Passengers Watch Man Brutally Kick 78yr old Lady In The Face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: odzeandennz

No-one is "taught to"....it comes with experience and the perpetuation of stereotypes

The thread isn't about the race of the man its about the filming of the attack and the lack of assistance and social media being more important

So, you actually witness all the crimes that black people and white people do?

I doubt it. You read about it in the paper or on the internet like the rest of us. Which means you're being "taught to" think or feel as we all are.

It's "at a loss for words."

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

For as long as there's an audience...it won't happen

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't really care what color the perp's skin color was. It's not a crime because of skin color. It's not okay for a White guy to do it either:

Shocking moment bystanders watch and do nothing as white Texas bartender 'brutally punches a black woman and shouts racial slurs over parking lot dispute'

Man punches woman in the face after argument about Trump at Boerum Hill bistro

Cops: Man punched pregnant woman and her service dog on flight

Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face

San Diego police looking for man caught on camera punching woman in face

Man seen on video punching woman in Venice Beach taken into custody

I didn't even have to use "White" in the search. But still found all of these quite easily. I also found others with Black perps, but apparently everyone knows Black guys do it. Seems folks need to know that White guys do it too.

And it is a problem. A bunch of pathetic wussy bullies. Every one.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I am pretty sure everybody agrees that the crime was atrocious... that is not what I put into question. My points are to point out that using skin color as a base analysis (entertainment value) while ignoring way more important socioeconomic factors is flawed... perhaps indicating a prejudice.

First, I point out that sobriety would have a much larger role than skin color ever could... that was ignored. Next, I point out how poverty levels and the consequences of such are a more important factor than skin color... that argument is now being stretched to how poverty once touched your own life. Look, I don't care to be right here... I simply am here to call out people using skin color as a base premise of argument.

Comparing U.S. poverty is not similar to any other country... that should be easy to see. The U.S. is the richest country in the world. It's adds a bit of a flare to the poverty when 16 year old's driving Mercedes Benz's are telling the poor to get off their ass and get a job to fix the situations they live in.

Most of the people freaking out about this have never even been to a U.S. ghetto... they are shocked and in awe that such craziness can be taken in stride. Seriously, just watch the videos... nobody jumped in to stop it, and all of the people interviewed were not shocked that it occurred. It's just the distant onlookers that are bent out of shape so heavily. It's their everyday life, and they take the stories in stride. People that will never go to the Bronx are watching it from afar, and they are freaking out. Welcome to my main point here.

Had the OP been speaking from any bit of a first hand knowledge standpoint, I would have never typed here. Using the skin color, and showing improper usage of the N word got me to typing. You almost immediately apologized for recognizing the flaw, then moved on to the entertainment clause. Well, that tells me that you are trying to stick up for your skin color comments by stretching variables. Next, you moved onto the poverty card, and how it relates to you.

My points never moved... using color as a primary argument for crime watch activities is a flawed premise. Entering the race card into primary debate discredits the value of an OP... plain and simple. My thoughts shared here were on the hunt for awakening perhaps. Had you said "wow, maybe I should use sobriety or poverty as an analysis measure before stereotyping going forward," I would have even thanked you for being open.

The internet morphed... I get it. Some will look on the decaying aspects of society to be the cause of it all, while others may view it as the masses are coming unhinged due to making more out of dramas than they maybe should. Formulating prejudice opinion based on lack of integration may contribute to societal decay more than one thinks.

My viewpoints are a common debate with those that have no true understanding of U.S. ghettos. One would think that distant onlookers would value the input of someone at ground zero more than even their own opinions when judging from afar. That very seldom happens though... the rest of the world seemingly knows whats better for a world they watch from afar for entertainment value.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BenutzerUnbekannt

Find a post by me that says I condone the crime, or any violent crime for that matter?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

As I have already said, I did not mention skin colour in the op or headline purposefully other brought that up. I didn't make ANY comment on his skin colour....YOU jumped on the fact I'd put 1 too many dots in place in the "n word" that HE said in the video. I think you are being petty and trying to ascribe to me erroneous facts and are in fact guilty of judging me from afar as you believe I am doing with this guy

As for drunkeness I don't know anything other than what has been released so I don't know if he was sober or drunk but as he was in charge of a child I'm presuming sober. Not sure why you are making such a big deal about him being sober or not its irrelevant in my opinion and based purely on the video, the details released by the Police and his own reaction to being filmed, I think I'm entitled to judge and have done so. I couldn't actually give 2 hoots whether he was stoned drunk or sober its still not an valid excuse

As for understanding US ghettos, I understand the premise of ghettos and again I fail to see why where he is from or whether he is from a ghetto or not, excuses such behaviour.

I think you are reading way too much into my thread and perhaps should get off your high horse. Its not up to you to give me an "awakening" you're not that good mate. Now, you've expressed your viewpoint which you obviously feel is far superior to anyone else's so let's leave it at that shall we?
edit on 23-3-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Absolutely brutal video shows large black man kicking a sitting old lady of 78 repeatedly in the face, then when he sees the people videoing looks at the camera and yells "Worldstar that's my nig..." Worldstar it seems is a popular hip hop social media platform that's both racist and violent and where videos are shared of black people committing robberies theft assaults and other criminal activities, for likes & laughs apparently.

You never talked about race? Isn't that your OP? The headline and the OP form a thread.

You fail to see... you don't say!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Now the Ghetto is an out for people who can't act within the rules of society.

Seems to always be another person or place as the reason for people to do bad things, not the person them self.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm happy to report that the suspect has just been arrested

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm happy to report that the suspect has just been arrested

I hope he was a little roughed up before they found him.........

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know who to be more disgusted with - the vile human being assualting that woman or the pricks who were just watching it happen and/or filming it.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: tayton

With no mention in the thread title how did I know the guy was black

Because of your racist tendacies?

Are you mad he sounded racist, or mad because he was right?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The video should be an advertisement for the second amendment and CCW.
edit on 23-3-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not sure he's gonna be safe anywhere at the moment from the comments I've seen. Think he's gone wayyy over the limit even for Worldstar or Liveleak. Police say they were tipped off by a member of the community and his name is now out there for all to see. Apparently and oooh so surprisingly he's no stranger to the law
Suspect Arrested

edit on 23-3-2019 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think anyone was saying otherwise dear one, it was merely a stereotypical conclusions brought about by the fact it was the Bronx 3am a subway train and the mention of Worldstar Hip Hop.

There are horrors everywhere if we look but this one just hit a very sad chord with me and I would react the same regardless of race or skin colour, but what broke my heart was the fact that not one person checked on her!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If the criminal was Black you're a RACIST!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Too bad she didn't have a glock 40 to split his wig with.

I woulda watched that WorldStar video 👌

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I don't think anyone was saying otherwise dear one...

Not you, but I'm not so sure about others.

There are horrors everywhere if we look but this one just hit a very sad chord with me and I would react the same regardless of race or skin colour, but what broke my heart was the fact that not one person checked on her!

Yup. I get that. Pretty much how I felt when I had just read about the White guy punching out the Black woman before seeing your post. It's all bad. It's getting worse. But I sure didn't say, "Oh, figures it's a White guy." Nor did I say, "Wow! I'm shocked it's a White guy!"

And I don't even have to read back through the comments to know that not one person who is so (faux) outraged about the Black perp didn't have a word of outrage about the White perps.

Folks can paint any color lipstick on that pig that they want, but it's still a pig.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thing is though when you hear about a school shooting or a major mass shooting we DO automatically think he'll be white. Its just the way things pan out it seems. People seem to have their own personal modus operandi

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thing is though when you hear about a school shooting or a major mass shooting we DO automatically think he'll be white. Its just the way things pan out it seems. People seem to have their own personal modus operandi

Yes, some folks do... and sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong about the race; but in either case, the kneejerk assumptions and accusations are wrong for the same reasons. It's neither wrong nor right because of race, it's not better or worse because of race, it's not good or bad because of race. But when race is inserted into the equation, it becomes a blanket condemnation of the race -- NOT the deed. Or, vice versa, it becomes an excuse for the race -- AND the deed.

And, of course, because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, it perpetuates the problem of violence, and may even escalate the violence, via faux "justification" because by golly gee either the bully was provoked or the victim deserved it. But in the process, no one wants to look at -- much less address -- the root causes.

For example, I and others have pointed out the serious lead poisoning issues in inner cities from various sources, and the associated disproportionate rates of autism, and violence. We know -- KNOW! -- that many/most of these folks are so compromised in one or more ways that they are literally incapable of making better decisions and doing better for themselves. All of which is compounded by a lack of proper role models, from fathers to law enforcement and celebrities and political critters. And those who do try, like Father Pfleger and an organization comprising mostly mothers, are basically ignored, and certainly never receive the funding that agitators like Black Lives Matter receives.

We know how to fix the problems, or at least alleviate the problems. But we don't. Instead, people point fingers from their high horses and gloat. (Not you; and not just ATSers, but greater society as a whole).

As long as people make race an issue, race will be an issue. It is possible to not play the game. And not to be a foot soldier in the divide-and-conquer campaign against the people. But it's a choice. A conscious and willful choice.

edit on 24-3-2019 by Boadicea because: clarity

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join