It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golan Heights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The potential for tensions to escalate?

Trump administration recognising Golan Heights as Israeli.

I see the Arab league have already declared on the side of Syria over this and I'm sure Russia will follow suit with them being heavily involved with Syria.

edit on 21-3-2019 by Mover3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

Syria's debt from the 6 Days war... it's time the world acknowledged that debt. I think this is as good a time as any and this was a declaration/recognition the US should have officially made 38 years ago.

If Russia and the Arab League don't like it, we have some middle fingers they can stare at until they convince themselves to love it.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Im ok with it. The Kurds are clearly getting their own land too. Now personally, if Mexico is not going to take border security seriously, I feel like we should annex some of the mountains and lock them down. Why cannot the USA add more states anymore? What has changed that the USA cannot add more states? We can leave 50 stars on the flag. Maybe we can just do something else to represent new states?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well said I am with you on that one, control of the Golan height's is essential and not optional for Israeli national security, Syria was using them to bombard Israel and so Israel had no option but to occupy them - also Syria did in fact attack Israel so any peace would have to remain with them forming a natural border between these two nation's with Israel retaining control of there side and Syria of there side.
The only reason Russia originally had any interest in the old day's was because of there wish to control the Suez Canal - which is also why they were so far up the Egyptian's arse back then though to there credit the Egyptian's were never really the bad guy's despite there part in the four day war and because of this the Russian's saw Israel as a stumbling block to there cold war policy due to it's close relationship with the US and by default therefore also NATO.
Today it is probably more about Russia wanting to gain influence in the region while bolstering it's Syrian Ally in order to maintain there own presence there - for economic and also for Putin's wish to restore the power of the former soviet union on the world stage.

edit on 22-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What has happened to this place? Why are people discussing why they think this is right or wrong, what about the prospect of WWIII man?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mover3
What has happened to this place? Why are people discussing why they think this is right or wrong, what about the prospect of WWIII man?

Ignorance is one hell of a beast

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Huh?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Huh?

Indeed

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

What are you on about? Are you saying it's ignorant to want to discuss the prospect of WWIII without getting engrossed in the politics of it/choosing a side?
edit on 22-3-2019 by Mover3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Imagine believing you have the singular power to decide these things...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

What are you on about? Are you saying it's ignorant to want to discuss the prospect of WWIII without getting engrossed in the politics of it/choosing a side?

No not at all sorry, i was just joking around

Why are people discussing why they think this is right or wrong

My original reply was about this. What i said i think is the answer for this question in a way

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mover3
It is kind of an open secret that it has been ww3 for awhile. Turkey, Russia, China, Israel, have all gained new land. Saudi is fighting for it's future against Iran. Libya and Yemen and Syria have been absolutely rocked to devastation and their land split apart into claims by rival factions. An official multi national alliance from two fronts has spent half a decade fighting an unofficial international volunteer force around the global be where the actual military powers themselves were confronting each other over spoils of war.

But we now have like a third of our existence in the USA where we have not officially added any new land. Why can't we add more territory like others?? Where are our new states?!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Very good observation, though you know some argue that the third world war goes a lot further back and that there has hardly been any peace in the world at all since the official end of the second world war, indeed somewhere fighting has continuously raged from that point in time up to the present with country's in Asia, Africa and South America formerly being the prime battleground's of this long period of warfare, warfare in which the big powers did indeed play there part especially during the so called cold war period.
Some would even argue that the Korean war was merely a continuation of the second world war in Asia and that it was merely a hot spot in that region's instability and power play's between the great powers and the emergent power of China (which at the time Stalin thought that he still had control of until Mao used force to expel an invasive Russian army from the west of China - two unpalatable individual's with ego's both claiming to be commies and both far from it guilty of the mass murders of there own citizens - and in Mao's case personal serial rapes of young virgin's as his doctor had recommended it as a cure for his syphilis fighting over control - in that one Mao came out on top and for a time the west ended up with communist China as an ally despite there communist system).

The danger we have today is the potential that the very thing the old European power's feared may actually come to pass, a unified and powerful Islamic state could once again rise to replace the old Ottoman empire and once again enter a state of perpetual war with Europe as was the case for hundreds or years until the backbone of the Turkish fleet was broken at the battle of Lepanto and technological advancement's finally gave the European's the upper hand on land.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No need to apologise, I just didn't understand

top topics

join