It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is in charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Since 2000 we have had the exactly same government policies regardless if the president is an R type or D type. Billionaires pay the lobbyists for controlling domestic policy. And the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR) defines foreign policy. It's doesn't matter who gets elected. We have the exact same public policies regardless.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't think Obama and Trump are exactly the same.

Sounds like you are calling more for a change in the system of government, what kind of change would you like to see?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sounds like you are calling more for a change in the system of government, what kind of change would you like to see?

Both have the exact same foreign policy which is the same one from George W Bush.

btw, GWB is the greatest president in my lifetime. GWB administration got more of their agenda done than any other president in my lifetime. Obama's administration got the least amount done.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think Trumps foreign policy is drastically different, pulling out of the Paris accords, talk of ripping up nafta, starting trade wars, building a literal wall between America and Mexico I could go on but its very different to that of recent presidents.

Is that a good thing or not is up for debate but I do think its fair to say its different.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Globalists, power brokers and dynasties are in charge. Our country appears to be rotting from the inside out. Extremely disheartening to see how none of the ELECTED OFFICIALS are held accountable for their injustices, and are rewarded handsomely for their crimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Since 2000 we have had the exactly same government policies regardless if the president is an R type or D type. Billionaires pay the lobbyists for controlling domestic policy. And the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR) defines foreign policy. It's doesn't matter who gets elected. We have the exact same public policies regardless.

Brilliant example of being totally wrong 😎

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I suppose it could start with stop elections being privately funded circuses
So different here in the Uk....if someone get's elected to parliament you're lucky if you even recognise his/her face. No ads on tv no humungously expensive campaigns just a quick tick in the box and off they trot to "represent the people"

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Billionaires pay the lobbyists for controlling domestic policy.

Talking about Buffet,Bezos,ZuckerBerg,Soros,Dorsey?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

GWB administration got more of their agenda done than any other president in my lifetime. Obama's administration got the least amount done.

Oh, Obama got plenty done, it's just that most all of it was quietly, behind our backs, without The People knowing, and it involved taking away more of our privacy and our freedoms.

I would be interested to have you expand on your claim a bit. Because I agree with your premise, basically. I think that both sides are out for themselves only (themselves being the indivudial politicians/leaders and their formed alliances), NOT the citizens they are supposed to represent.

But your OP would be highly strengthened and more effective if you would give a couple of examples of how the Presidencies have been "exactly the same government policies."

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think Trumps foreign policy is drastically different, pulling out of the Paris accords, talk of ripping up nafta, starting trade wars, building a literal wall between America and Mexico I could go on but its very different to that of recent presidents.

Is that a good thing or not is up for debate but I do think its fair to say its different.

I would like to point out that Trump's TALK or his rhetoric, his promises, about his foreign policy are "drastically different," but what he has actually DONE is pretty much a continuation of he foreign policy of the last almost two decades. Look at the things you listed: half of the things you listed are things he's only talked about. They haven't been done yet. The pulling out od the Paris deal- the whole thing was pretty much just symbolic or for optics anyway, wasn't it? Was there an actual policy that was changed here or did it affect how we do things, after he pulled out?

I can't argue about the trade wars because I haven't looked into that and wouldn't be able to be interested long enough to understand it. So I'll defer to you there.
edit on 21-3-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Brilliant example of being totally wrong 😎

How exactly is he wrong? Anyone can say "you're totally wrong."

Not that brilliant of an argument. About what exactly is he wrong?

Don't mistake me, I'm not a Trump hater. I just think we should look at what exactly he has done if we're going to argue about how he's gotten so much accomplished. That would include talking about how and by whom he's been blocked from accomplishing things. And in the matter of foreign policy, I think his ACTIONS (not what he has SAID) have shown a continuation of the last couple decades of Presidents before him.

So where is the OP "totally wrong?"

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Good points.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

ME east policies of dropping bombs on Muslim countries for no reason.

Domestic policy is identical. What major legislation has passed that has really anything to do with the worker making the media wage. Really nothing.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

xuenchen always puts party before country. If the lobbyists or CFR influence Republicans then it's good policy.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

xuenchen always puts party before country. If the lobbyists or CFR influence Republicans then it's good policy.

Wrong again 😎

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Both have the exact same foreign policy which is the same one from George W Bush.

btw, GWB is the greatest president in my lifetime. GWB administration got more of their agenda done than any other president in my lifetime. Obama's administration got the least amount done.

Obama's foreign policy was nothing like preceding administrations, or Trump's.

It's really not a good idea to change policy with every administration anyway. Leaders in China, and Russia can just wait out the four years to get a more favorable policy if that were the case.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You realize don't you that US foreign policy is, for the most part, orchestrated by the Council on Foreign Relations via the US State Department as co-ordinated by and largely for the benefit of the CIA. The POTUS may well set the tone and direct some policies, but otherwise POTUS has little to do with the actual direction of US foreign policy. Its all run by and for the benefit of the "Deep State". We "citizens" have no say-so over any of that. Way above our pay grade.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Wrong again 😎

I do see the humor in this response, since he's responding to MY response to YOUR response of "wromg."

Stil...feel like answering my response to your first post? You're capable of replies that contain more than three or four words or catchy short phrases, right?

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

(page intentionally blank)

😎

top topics

join