It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two questions about UFO's/Alien craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Couple of questions i'd like people's feedback on

1) If aliens are so advanced they can travel massive distances to reach earth, why do they seem to crash so often?

2) Why do alien craft have lights?
Allways seemed abit strange to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To answer your first question as to they crash, well I could give you a guess. Just because their technology is superior doesn't mean that mechanical malfunctions cant happen. Or maybe some of the craft where brought down by SAM's? Could be many reasons.

As to why they have lights well your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they aren't "alien" aircraft at all. Have you thought about that posibility?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Or being a bit lighthearted here maybe they crash cos they are just tired............after all it could have been a long flight.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos

1) If aliens are so advanced they can travel massive distances to reach earth, why do they seem to crash so often?

First of all, what do you mean by "So often?" Like the ways that cars crash? I don't really know of all that many UFO crashes. Like Ocelot said, superior technology does not automatically equal infallability.

Regarding the lights, why not? Perhaps they are there in order to communicate their presence or some more advanced type of morse code that they believe to be universal... like the plaque that we install on the side of our satellite probes. Perhaps the discovery of bending space/time for intergallactic travel isn't as difficult as it appears and that their technology isn't so incredibly advanced and lights are a part of their nav system. Keep in mind, we can transplant organs, create news one in a lab dish using stem cells and clone animals but we still have no cure for the common flu... get my point?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
All of which assuming "alien craft" exist

Crash often?! Look how many times we crash our stuff then at how many times they crash theirs! Hardly often!

Why do they have lights?

So they dont crash into each other mainly. Many raesons i would assume it is a matter of simple logic. Why do our space shuttles have lights?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deimos

1. There are so many crashes due to the Alien War out in the stratosphere. But humans hardly know anything about it.

2. Lights may have different reasons, probably witnessed lights are simply for beauty reasons than any other use. But those light sources may have other uses, too. Who knows...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i would venture to say that after reading thing on ufos flying around in the b.c.'s like around egypt and stuff, i think its safe to say they dont crash very often at all, and they hve lights on them because they like poking a stick at a dead horse, theyre like saying hahahaha you can see us but cant do sh*t about it, and then they crahs becuase theyre not concentrating on the direction their flying.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And just how many crashes are you familiar with? There really aren't that many compared to the number of sightings, and most were some time ago... I'm sure a person from the '20's would wonder how we could lose two space shuttles when we've walked on the moon, too....
Being advanced doesn't make you immune to Murphy's Law, hehe....

Probably to see in the dark, same as we do....
Seriously, I'm sure they serve a purpose. Not all seem to have them, and the "light" may be more of a side-effect of their propulsion system for all we know....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Given the thousands of sightings of UFOs each year, if that many are coming into the atmosphere, I sincerely doubt the few crashes that we know about could be considered "often". I would consider such crashes extremely rare as a result.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The first question has already been covered many times on this forum, and as so many have said, just how many crashes? There is only one I know and that is Roswell, that has enough body of evidence to support it.

Now as for lights, geez I don't know, perhaps to see in the dark? The light that is the most common is the light on the underside and that is likely a part of their propulsion, a bit like the glow of afterburners on jets.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
[edit on 2-3-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks for all the answers, I guess I didn't really take into account the sheer number of sightings compared to crashes.

Here's a question for you all though
How do you think they see where they're going? Of all the ufo pictures i've seen, i've not seen any of the disc craft having port holes/windows at all
Do you think they have something similiar to startrek, the "view screen"?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Deimos I have two possible suggestions on your questions:
1. Why do they often crash? Good question indeed. I have only heard of two crashes: the one at Roswell and I forget the other one. It is entirely possible that they may have crashed due to malfunctions in their crafts power supply or another malfunction of their craft.
2. Why do they have lights? Another good question. They lights could be a sign of the extreme heat that is given off due to the nature of their propulsion system or, it could have somthing to do with the way their craft interacts with our atmosphere. I hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

join