It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Multiple Reports About New Zealanders Turning In Guns, Guess How Many Actually Did It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We have heard reports that New Zealand's gun owners are voluntarily turning in their firearms to police. So far, out of 1.2 million firearms, 37 have been voluntarily surrendered.

37 Firearms. That is it, out of 1.2 million firearms

So much for Ardern's propaganda campaign.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern encouraged gun owners to surrender their weapons after announcing that her government is set to tighten gun laws in the country.

New Zealand has an estimated 1.2 million guns registered to civilians, according to the 2017 Small Arms Survey. That's about 1 gun for every 4 people. In the US, it's estimated there is more than one gun per person.

"To make our community safer, the time to act is now," Ardern said on Monday. "I want to remind people, you can surrender your gun to the police at any time. In fact I have seen reports that people are in fact already doing this. I applaud that effort, and if you are thinking about surrendering your weapon, I would encourage you to do so."

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Turn in NOTHING. Let those 37 idiots stand alone.
edit on 20 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
We have heard reports that New Zealand's gun owners are voluntarily turning in their firearms to police. So far, out of 1.2 million firearms, 37 have been voluntarily surrendered.

37 Firearms. That is it, out of 1.2 million firearms

So much for Ardern's propaganda campaign.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern encouraged gun owners to surrender their weapons after announcing that her government is set to tighten gun laws in the country.

New Zealand has an estimated 1.2 million guns registered to civilians, according to the 2017 Small Arms Survey. That's about 1 gun for every 4 people. In the US, it's estimated there is more than one gun per person.

"To make our community safer, the time to act is now," Ardern said on Monday. "I want to remind people, you can surrender your gun to the police at any time. In fact I have seen reports that people are in fact already doing this. I applaud that effort, and if you are thinking about surrendering your weapon, I would encourage you to do so."

Why would law abiding citizens turn in their guns?
Insanity!

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Did she honestly think that after a mass shooting, the population's first response would be "Someone shot a bunch of people where I live! It's horrible! The first thing I should do is get rid of anything I can use to defend myself!!!"

The left way of thinking just isn't right.

S&F...

edit on 20-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That which is surrendered can never again be possessed... that goes beyond firearms and cuts deeply into rights, the ability to defend yourself and your own, self determination, self reliance, pride, dignity, and truth. Those 37 guns represent 37 examples of the above which that individual (or 37 individuals, whichever the case) will never obtain again. A sad day when people are so deluded they'll surrender their own property all in the name of the illusion of safety others can't seem to reconstruct around themselves until their neighbors are literally as helpless and victimized as the fear-centric themselves feel.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Because a liberal cryed and a leftist said to do it, good feelz! a reply to: shooterbrody

edit on 3 205720 1919 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think most NZ firearm owners are thinking along these lines right now...

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom - go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Samuel Adams

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think most NZ firearm owners are thinking along these lines right now...

I think most New Zealanders will come to recognize why the fact that firearm ownership is an enumerated Right in the United States is so massively important versus it having never been codified as anything more than a privilege in most of the colonies that didn't successfully fight wars of independence unrelated to one of the 2 world wars.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
3 hundredths of 1% of total guns turned in.... Looks like new Zealanders are a level headed bunch.

Don't give up your freedoms for the latest "boogey man of the month".

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Don't nobody cares about assault rifles much on that island of mostly white, peaceful liberals building a tropical utopia.

It's not comparable one iota to the United States regarding the second amendment and not comparable to European countries either, the ethnic make up is completely different as are the politics and issues.

I've got a good way to look at it. If a country doesn't have an amendment in their constitution or bill of rights saying people can own guns, or it was written before semi auto existed, then it doesn't exist, is extra and/or obsolete.

I think Americans should be able to legally own semi automatic rifles. Why? Because there's already so many damn people armed, so many guns floating around, new ones being bought everyday, plenty of nutjobs with the propaganda we have out there, and way too much crime. Too many home invasions, robberies, burglaries.

But them? Lol, no there's no logical reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be regulated. Blame it on the idiot, maybe there's a bunch of other potential white nationalist idiots or people in that society that might think it was an alright thing to do, want to replicate it, think it was cool. I dunno, I don't live there so I don't really care.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, they tried to push propaganda, and it probably worked somewhat. But I bet the gun shops made a killing selling guns since then, I bet another thousand were sold, along with lots of ammo. People are probably worried that the muslims will retaliate, The Turkish presidents comments did not help.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'd just say, "Turn in your mama."

If you can respond faster that I can in a life-threatening situation, then bring it.

Until then, go walk it off, bitch.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haha I love it.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Funny, my local news told me the other day that New Zealanders were "flocking" to turn in their guns.
Naturally I didn't believe them, being the habitual bulls**tters they are.

Just one more instance of the media saying one thing and reality being another.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Alright, so it was exaggerated wording, media in favor of a cause always does that, especially ones that are "different" reporting on government related things in australian accent tropical island white people land with a sprinkle of asians and polys for token diversity. You caught them looking foolish red handed.

As far as the actual issue goes, at least it's a good start because people cant order them from the internet anymore like the shooter did. Once other people heard about it, the rate of purchase would've gone up anyways. Like I said before, I'm pro-guns in the US because we already have guns but in a perfect world that'll never happen and shouldn't be attempted because its too late anyways, if there wasnt any confiscation or outraged people because it wasn't a big thing, a fundamental right (New Zealand), we'd all be better off without semi auto rifles.

We need them because of high crime and because theyre cool and fun to collect, shoot, and be a part of the hobby and culture, but that's culturally. What we really need them for is crime. If society goes to # or the apocalypse occurs and you have to defend yourself from multiple armed enemies, that's crime.

They really dont need them and this will go off without a hitch just like in European countries, watch. Ours is the only one with the.. phenomenon.

edit on 3/20/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Where did you hear he bought the guns online?
And goat culling is pretty hard to do with a 2 shot scatter gun or 3 shot .22,which is what a lot of farmers are moaning about,so ARs did have a valid use. They are also banning semi auto shotties as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
When I do vote republican it is threads and commits like these that decide it for me.

Being able to defend ourselves is important.

Being free enough to decide for myself how I go about defending myself is important.

I like how most of you are defending the right to protect yourself instead of attacking the character of the nz government.
I wish more threads here on ats were like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Did she honestly think that after a mass shooting, the population's first response would be "Someone shot a bunch of people where I live! It's horrible! The first thing I should do is get rid of anything I can use to defend myself!!!"

S&F...

Happened in Australia. Guessing this girl PM wants to be a hero and follow suit. Kiwi's are tougher though.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

S&F...

But, but, she had a baby while being PM. Congratulated by HM Queen Elizabeth no less. And , and she wears a head scarf now. The media love her. Oh, give up your violent weapons NZ. No money in the budget for modernizing the NZ armed forces.

Meanwhile in Turkey.

bally

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
37 people the New Zealand public didn't have to worry about.

As dumb as they are.

Bad people don't turn snip in, and they still don't follow the laws.

Nz like most countries in the world already have laws against murdering someone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join