It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred...and a Massacre (Christchurch)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've read the threads. I've read the manifesto. I've read every single news story I can find on the Christchurch tragedy (even CNN).

What happened in Christchurch is "TERRORISM". It is a textbook example, and by definition...TERRORISM! Plain and simple.

I'm astonished by some of the political BS and left/right wing vitriol I've read. I've held off commenting until now. I am equally astonished at how gullible people are, how they cannot see the forest but for the trees, how they fail to grasp the point of what this monster intended to do...and succeeded, very handily I might add.

This shooter has played the media, exactly as he intended. This shooter has played the political left (and the right), exactly as he intended. He has stoked the divide, exactly as he said he intended. This shooter has pushed practically every single "hot button" there is. I am absolutely astonished so many cannot see this, cannot comprehend it. Astonished!

The 'density' of some of the posts here on ATS must seriously approach critical mass.

Okay, let's step back for a second, take off the partisan boxing gloves, and look at what's really happened here.

1. The "manifesto", whether the shooter authored it or not is irrelevant, is what the shooter stated to have documented his purpose. It doesn't matter whether he wrote it or not, he identified with it and that's all that counts.

2. That the manifesto is vague and convoluted should come as no surprise. This is exactly what he intended! The shooter didn't want to take a solid position on anything. Why? Because that wasn't his point. In fact, it was the polar opposite of his point! He wanted to sow the seeds of hatred across a broad spectrum. He succeeded. And, people should be ashamed of how shallow and reliant on the MSM they've become.

3. The shooter wanted to inflame racial hatred. He succeeded. The shooter wanted to inflame political divides. He succeeded. The shooter wanted to inflame political extremists. He succeeded. The shooter wanted to light the fuse of religious extremism and hatred. He succeeded. The shooter WANTED...

ANARCHY!

He wants hate. He wants conflict. He wants murder. He wants, in fact he's begging for, retaliation. He openly states he wants a civil war in the US, Europe and elsewhere. That's what he wants. He wants posters like some here on ATS to lash out and make matters worse by spewing non-stop lies, twisted meanings and misguided posts. He wanted HATE. Above ALL else, no matter how you slice it, he wants....HATE!

How can people not see this for what it is??? It just astonishes me!

Hey MSM...now's your chance, you have a choice. You can choose to fall into his trap and stoke the flames of hatred to make a buck, OR...you can steal this guy's thunder by doing the exact opposite. Your choice. Sadly, I think I know which way the media will go, but there is a choice here.

Hey ATS...now's your chance, you have a choice. You can step back from the partisan politics of this tragedy, and see the motivations for what they are, OR...you can continue to bicker about extremes and the end of the World. As it stands right now, it seems this tragedy is having the exact effect the perpetrator intended it to...HATRED.

For my part, I say ....'DENY this monster his final wish. DENY him the satisfaction that he inspired hatred among everyone about every thing. DENY him at every turn. Make his whole life, his actions, his words and everything about him...INSIGNIFICANT. Minimize this monster to the molecule on a turd that he really is. Laugh AT him, not WITH him as you are now. DO...NOT...LET...HIM...WIN!!

edit on 3/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Great thoughts and well written my friend...Unfortunately I wonder if there are not so many sheep being lead to the slaughter that to turn the herd it is almost impossible.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Dudes a crazy POS nut job plain and simple. He shouldn't even be walking this earth anymore for what he did. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Extremists always seem to catch innocent people in the crossfire of their sick ideologies.
The more opposing extremes that are pushed together in society, the more innocent people suffer.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

And, the only news story which ever should have run about him should have simply said...

"The terrorist shooter who perpetrated the murders in Christchurch has been apprehended, identity confirmed and executed."

No mention of names, no mentions of manifestos...no glory. Just 'executed'.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Excellent thread.

I am doing a livestream at 10am where I will be discussing many similar thoughts that you have outlined here, and if you are anyone would like to participate, let me know.

The fact that so maany people are willing to ignore exactly what the killer's stated reasons were for this attack just to use this terror attack for political gain is truly disgusting.

Not just online in places like ATS, but people with power like politicians, and media people.

The killer intentionally posted "beliefs" from both sides, so he seems like he is both right wing (against mass immigration) and left wing (willing to fight for the environment eco fascist) knowing that people, fueled by the media, will label all people who have some of those beliefs as responsible.

Granted as a right wing person, I am biased. But it seems obvious to me that the left wing people, led by the media, have did exactly what this killer wanted and blamed right wing people, everyone from Trump and his supporters to the NRA for this terror attack.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I just pray that another wack job doesn't attempt a retaliation attack.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Of course they will.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Like ISIS?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Tucker is voicing many of the same concerns about the event and makes some additional points to consider IMO. youtu.be...

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Excellent thread.

Thanks.

The killer intentionally posted "beliefs" from both sides, so he seems like he is both right wing (against mass immigration) and left wing (willing to fight for the environment eco fascist) knowing that people, fueled by the media, will label all people who have some of those beliefs as responsible. ...

This is exactly correct, and I think there's more. Not only did this person intentionally post elements from both sides, but he also knew that each side would ignore the elements from their side and focus on the elements on the other side. And, as we see, this is exactly what has happened.

link   
Great thoughts, FCD.
Heartily agree.

I understand that this pos terrorist had no social media until a couple of months before this sick and cowardly attack.
That should reinforce the understanding that he was interested in spreading his hate as widely as possible.

edit on 16-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The Atlantic has a similar story running also... **GASP!!**

Media got Trolled

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here’s the rub and this kind of ties into a lot of modern day problems too:

The main shooter, who was not scared off by an armed Muslim, is smarter than most of the people commenting on him. In fact he’s probably way smarter then the average commenter

the shooter also has people skills off the chart. He’s is a master manipulator, mastered the media psyche and mastered the psyche of on and off line cultures.

The only people who can see what he’s doing are people that are about as smart with similar people skills or the people wise enough to admit the shooter is smarter and/or has superior people skills than theirs and will try to see what’s he is doing instead of assuming they are better than him.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Unfortunately there are too many people who see the potential political advantage they can try to gain from this.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have no doubt that terrorist organizations will see the events in Christchurch as an open invitation and "free pass" to wantonly commit similar acts there and elsewhere.

But I also see an opportunity with this particular event (unlike other events)...and this is the so called "manifesto".

The manifesto, if looked at objectively, distills terrorism down to its very core. It shines a light on what terrorism really is, and why it works. You see, and that's it, "terrorism" is NOT about those who are killed; it's about those who LIVE. Terrorism isn't about death...it's about FEAR. So many people don't understand this. It's about changing the behavior of people who survive, forcing them into doing things they ordinarily would not. That's what terrorism is about.

And, terrorism works because of the bloodthirsty media. Anything for a buck, the more gore the better. But this event is different. Not only is it terrorism by definition, but it also openly reveals the secret recipe book of why terrorism works. The media, social media, MSM and all other forms of media. This event openly sows fear and hatred stating straight-up what will happen when the media gets a hold of it.

The bottom line is the media got "used", and their own greed allowed it to happen. They have an opportunity now, one they've always had, but now they have no excuse to ignore it...and nothing else to hide behind. They can effect change, or they can ignore it. We, as a people, should be screaming from every rooftop that we see it, and that we WON'T ignore it even if they choose to. There is nowhere for them left to hide. They've been exposed. The fuse has been lit.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It seems that a commonality of a lot of these OP's whether they are political or religious all paint the audience as stupid mouth breathing folks totally oblivious to anything beyond their own personal space. While on their soap box they expound a rather common blather of their sincerity and astute grasp of the events.... and every one of the audiences lack there-of. Personal experience and memory go a long way in how one responds to an event. Hundreds and thousands of muslums get taken out in Syria, and the band plays on. 49 muslums get taken out in some south sea nation and the sympathy bandwagon fills quickly. While some stand back and examine the event, possible cause and reasons leading up to the event.

Sure wouldn't want to be seen as un-sympathetic... someone on the forum might chastise me. Muslums have been playing their card for decades now, all that is happening is that score is being kept. Issue sympathy where you will, but others will choose their own responses. Guess what, they might not align with your own. Perhaps their 'stupidity' has merit...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to accept the fact that evil exists and sometimes it wins, even if it's just for a short period of time.

Be it this current massacre, the Orlando nightclub shooting, any number of insane mass killings in Temples or churches. . .sometimes evil crap gets done.

Our species is screwed up and is constantly divided.

I don't think we're any more divided today than we were last week.

The shooter thought too highly of himself and the impact this would have.

It happened, it's sick. It's tragic.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

But the true test will be what we're talking about next week, next month, next year.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Well, I guess I would request you provide a link for where "hundreds of thousands" of Muslims have been "taken out" in Syria. And, 'taken out' by whom???? I think you're going to find the answer is...other Muslims.

In any case, your premise really only further supports my theme...that the MSM, along with social media, are the ones who draw attention to certain events and not others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join