It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any way to gain financially from Brexit without investing or currency trading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am not savvy enough to know how Reese-Mogg and his ilk are going to financially gain from brexit, nor finance-wise enough to know how people are going to benefit from the pound when it plummets. This got me thinking and wondering and, ultimately asking myself the question above.

I am still a remainer but I want to find something positive in Brexit. I've been trying for years to find my feet but haven't been able. I keep hearing how Brexit will lead us to a land of milk and honey and would like to find a way to get a slice of the Brexit pie and I'm sure othera would too.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would invest in British companies after Brexit and then hang on. It's gonna be ugly for a bit, but the British are strong and resilient and British companies will be where it's at in 5 years.
edit on 13 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Is there any way to gain financially from Brexit without investing or currency trading?

No.

Can't profit without having skin in the game.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Let me get this straight, you want to make a financial gain out of a market situation without actually putting any money into it?

I honestly don't know how that could be done, but if you figure it out please report back with your method and findings 👍

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
First step, avoid non outside of the box internet business pros.

Not free, but try and build a service related to the move?.

Not sure what that is.

Coordinating moving companies, processing paperwork, helping citizenship issues, helping businesses remain legal.

I don't know enough about the on the ground changes being made, but jumping in and helping that process may be fruitful.

An internet related service is cheap. Maybe a $5 service helping people understand what they need to do?.

There's got to be a startup hidden in there somewhere.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Parliament has voted against May's deal and tonight will vote against leaving with No deal , a vote on extending article 50 tomorrow will likely be passed which will signal the end of Brexit.

Brexit is dead , keep your money in your pocket.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh, you mean that Rees Mogg, the one with his billionaire friends who late last week moved all their assets to Monaco with Philip Green and his missus.
Well to invest in British companies you'll have to find a British company as all the companies you think are owned by British people are actually owned by overseas companies.
Not unless you want to invest in Fred Bloggs company of 6 lorries, or Cyril Beans company that delivers building materials to the foreign owned building companies throwing up the so called affordable housing that no normal person can afford.
Keep your money in your pocket or go and buy some gold.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If brexit actually happens, I expect many of the companies and currency involved to take a hard hit.

I'd like to buy some up- stocks and pounds.
Anyone know a good market where I can get both?

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You cannot make financial gains without investing.

However, you can minimize risk to your current financial situation by moving your money offshore (bank accounts, etc.) to reduce the chances of loss in the event of a national recession.

Additionally, if you currently have investments in a higher-risk portfolio that would probably be affected by Brexit (due to it's place and function in the market), you may want to pull your money out and hide it under a mattress.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Start growing Hemp.
There'll be a growing market when we hang all of parliament.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Buy commodities because there will be serious market volatility and blue chip traders will want to preserve their wealth during this period driving up demand

Then, sell and move back into other typical blue chip / trusted companies that you personally find appealing

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Buy tin foil so you can make hats and sell them.

Plant potatoes and other hardy root veg so you can sell them.

It’s minimal financial investing and if everything is fine and you can’t sell at least you can wrap the potatoes and other veg in the tin foil and cook and eat them.....

Seriously
Not even the political elite seem to know what they’re doing.....

MR
edit on PMThu, 14 Mar 2019 21:07:38 -050038America/Chicago by Marlborough Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Assuming for a second that brexit ever does go ahead which I seriously doubt since no country has ever been allowed to fully leave the EU, ever, period. Also by real I am meaning that a leave date is ever set with a no deal alongside real leave dates for other things including a leave date for other unskilled/semi skilled EU nationals to return home etc.

Property values will drop and become affordable for anyone with some cash if you want a nice house, alternatively, reposessions from former landlords etc due to lack of tenants on the market that are not on DSS etc, before values rising again later when everyone comes to their senses.

Construction firms will take a major hit with the initial slow down, material manufacturers, food companies and in turn production firms.

Anyone in recruitment will have a lot of jobs to fill - invest in recruitment agencies, work for one or start one. I have and im waiting to see what happens. I have actually started my own recruitment agency in real life, was my primary work for the last decade (mostly) so made sense, and the jobs are rising just now but there are major skill shortages in the UK already which I reckon will get a whole lot worse in the event of a Brexit. More people are going home with skills due to improved economies as it is, whilst unskilled workers are everywhere at the moment and unreliable. I think there really is a gap in this market, the large agencies will start failing as other larger companies fail too, if you are small, know your stuff and work smart without extending credit too far with larger companies, opportunity is really here. You can start a recruitment agency with virtually no money so hope that answers your real question.

Just my opinion, the thing is, this type of thing has never actually happened anywhere before, ever, so it really is just anyone elses opinion and this is mines

Anything that goes down in the short term will go back up I think, once alternative trade, immigration or whatever other deals are in place. Basically if you have money and patience, you cannot lose here unless nothing changes.

But with all that said, too much power, wealth and opportunity can switch hands with a brexit for anyone with half a brain and willing to work their socks off, so it will never happen because the wealthy dictate our countries movements as cynical as that may sound.

So no, you wont make a dime from it most likely, odds are that neither will I. But ive taken the chance just in case! Got to be in it to win it right? If not, I might be able to make myself a modest living, employ other people, create something from nothing too which I will be happy with regardless.
edit on 14-3-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sell Brexit T-Shirts? Maybe some "I ❤️ Brexit" and a Crumpet in the back....

top topics

join