It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vowed to eliminate debt in 8 years. He’s on track to leave it 50 percent higher

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What are you talking about? No really, what are you even rebutting. You're assuming so hard it's hard to even see what your point is. I said in one of my posts that I like the life I live. I don't strive to be a millionaire. Facts are facts, and I'll be blunt, Trump was born into wealth, which was A HUGE factor in his overall success. If you deny that, you live in fantasy land.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And Bezos is the richest man on the planet and Musk is launching space ships on a monthly basis. What has Trump done? Let's see, divide the USA, filed for bankruptcy four times, had to jack up rental prices in NYC to survive, sell out his family name to make money, became a shotty reality TV host to keep his name relevant, beg on his knees to dictators to 'stop bad things', go off on rants about nothing. Comparing trump to those guys is like comparing a little league line backer to the star quarterback of the College football league.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I would think being from a well off family does make being a success easier.
As does being from a middle class family over a single parent home.

But I've also know of several instances where kids or grandkids totally destroy companies that were handed to them.
A head start doesn't mean you will always win the race..

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Musk is going to bankrupt tesla pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Again the point is going right over your head. Which has been reiterated more than a few times. Anyone can take a million dollars in the 1980's and turn it into a fortune with the connections he had.
I am more impressed how Gates turned from him stealing an idea from some guy in garage to where he is now, or how a average rather successful engineers son ended up building the worlds largest electric car factory ever to be honest.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Jeebz
So many dfficult choices

edit on 12-3-2019 by Cassi3l because: .. to re-arrange gvt funding how i choose ..

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

What are you talking about? No really, what are you even rebutting. You're assuming so hard it's hard to even see what your point is. I said in one of my posts that I like the life I live. I don't strive to be a millionaire. Facts are facts, and I'll be blunt, Trump was born into wealth, which was A HUGE factor in his overall success. If you deny that, you live in fantasy land.

Sorry sweety.. I was just being a mirror for you for a moment.

Your posts don't reflect any kind of happiness at all about life, but some sort of deep angst about anything related to Trump.

All I was saying is that if you were what you considered to be successful, you wouldn't care about anyone else's monetary success at all.

You would just be happy.

Which you are obviously not.

SoOo.. since you are the one in charge of yourself and you're not happy...

Who's in charge of changing that?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good thing Tesla isn't in the business of just making cars. But in the business of making battery technology.

The company is so far ahead of the competition for renewable and electricity storing technology they literally can't go bankrupt right now. They have Panasonic, GM, several mining company's, and many more backing them up because of their capacity.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why does Obama's name keep coming up? The OP was about Trump's promise to eradicate national debt, and how he is managing the complete opposite. Of course his original claims were ridiculous, although I'm sure his base of awestruck followers actually believed it.

He'll blame Congress for the 2020 campaign, saying because they didn't 100% agree with everything he proposed, is why he couldn't deliver on the silly campaign promise. Which is also ridiculous, but again - his base will believe that as well.

What can you expect - he did minor cuts that hurt programs that help Americans, and then went against his own words, and promised to boost military spending even more. He hasn't proposed anything that will realistically reduce debt. But hey.. big nothingburger because Obama!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Tesla uses Panasonic batteries.
They manufacture batteries with another companies tech.

electrek.co...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yea and? I mentioned they had close ties to Panasonic. Does Panasonic make cars, space ships, solar panels, etc or does Tesla?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Tesla doesn't make spaceships either

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Your Freudian psycho analysis doesn't work when you're not only, condescending the person you are trying to understand, but also, attempting to undermine their fundamental stand point. Which you are basing off assumptions.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Your Freudian psycho analysis doesn't work when you're not only, condescending the person you are trying to understand, but also, attempting to undermine their fundamental stand point. Which you are basing off assumptions.

Whatever lets you sleep at night, I guess.

Have a nice night!!!!

I was trying to understand how I could "condescend a person" then I realized you were upset and couldn't type a complete sentence.

I apologize and won't talk to you about the topic anymore.
edit on 12-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I can save you lots of time Congress will never get debt under control. As always happens presidents make budgets the house and Senate ignore them and create their budget which always increases spending.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Critical thinking when reading comments is hard on the internet isn't it?

How about this. Since I am typing on my phone, I will attempt to make it into clear and concise, legible English with 'proper' sentence structure.

The Freudian psycho analysis you have projected upon me is rather condescending. Not only is it a poor judgment of character, but it displaces my fundamental standpoint to which I was attempting to get my point across to not only the specific, but broader audience. Your assumptions in this matter are just that, assuming.
edit on 12-3-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Again the point is going right over your head. Which has been reiterated more than a few times. Anyone can take a million dollars in the 1980's and turn it into a fortune with the connections he had.
I am more impressed how Gates turned from him stealing an idea from some guy in garage to where he is now, or how a average rather successful engineers son ended up building the worlds largest electric car factory ever to be honest.

I am more impressed how Gates turned from him stealing an idea

Explain

Gates and Musk...
I must say you have some "interesting" heroes there

BTW , I have made my million plus.
Are you jealous of that ?
Then this is going to really "get your goat" -
I have a good chunk of it sitting in a bank.
In fact , I early retired for a while at 54

edit on 3/12/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What are you currently investing your money in?

In 10 years will it be substantial enough to run for president of the United states?

You idiots that act like having money given to you will automatically turn into a fortune are not worth arguing with.

This guy was given some cash but he didnt blow it on blow and he is a self made billionaire.

Get over it.

Lol

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's complete madness, but so many yanks still love the guy?!

From outside of america, it looks like the country has gone full tilt idiocracy.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

This guy was given some cash but he didnt blow it on blow and he is a self made billionaire.

given some cash - - - self made

pure double think

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join