It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Venezuela’s power grid under attack?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thanks for brining this up. Its about time this was exposed and i hope the motivations of the perps gets exposed also. if readers what to find out whats going on with Venas, go to jimstones site.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thanks for brining this up. Its about time this was exposed and i hope the motivations of the perps gets exposed also. if readers what to find out whats going on with Venas, go to jimstones site.

Marco Rubio is a very ignorant person, he can't even read properly far beyond a few lines of text to figure out the name of a journalist. How can he be trusted with anything beyond that?

I mean remember how most US officials were not even able to pronounce the name of Guido properly the first days, it is ridiculous, so much ignorance going around it makes everyone looks like apes

People should be judged by their actions, right?

And how did he know so fast about a national power failure like 5 minutes after it happened, when not even the Venezuelan Government had announced it officially?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It has likely been mentioned but many grids can be taken down and disrupted with keyboards strokes. Givin how the power comes and goes in this case i would say they have some type of intrusion into some code in the system. It does not seem like a hardware problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Here is a good thread detailing the lack of infrastructure to cope with the amount of demand placed upon it.

Anatoly Kurmanaev Twitter

Corpoelec current, former employees & power expert @SoyJoseAguilar said this is unsustainable. The 400 KV line is too weak. Caracas outgrew is capacity already in early 80s when it launched Metro.

Is it possible to provide stable supply to the country without San Geronimo B? “Impossible,” said @SoyJoseAguilar

One Corpoelec manager said after the blackout a Guri operator told him “the turbines are failing,” before hanging up. He hasn’t been able to reach anyone there since. Sebin is a constant menace.

And without Guri, it’s Mad Max.

edit on 11/3/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Oh so someone is sucking up all the juice over loading the system that has been fine till now.

I heard glen beck this morning trying to blame it on the country not being able to supply oil to the grid. He is funny since they still manage to sell it to us but he wants to blame them for unrealistic things.

This is a full fledged propaganda war by the usa.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I think he suggests the turbines failed.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Perhaps so. The timing and response of the usa can not be ignored.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

How has the US responded to this power outage?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

How has the US responded to this power outage?

Mike pompeo has blamed maduro. John bolton the same.

They are propaganda mode.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If it is as it seems to be, an infrastructure failure, then isn't the leader of the country ultimately to blame?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm hearing the same thing about the turbines at the Guri power station. Years of lack of maintenance has taken it toll it seems.

Trabajadores de la represa de Guri afirmaron que la falla no se produjo en generación sino en transmisión debido al nulo mantenimiento. Explicaron que por la falta de desmalezamiento entre la subestación eléctrica Malena, ubicada al norte del estado Bolívar, y el Guri, se produjo un incendio que afectó las líneas de transmisión de 765 KV y devolvió la energía a las máquinas de la represa, que se apagaron por protección.

Workers from the Guri dam said that the failure did not occur in generation but in transmission due to zero maintenance. They explained that due to the lack of weeding between the Malena substation, located north of Bolívar state, and the Guri, a fire occurred that affected the 765 KV transmission lines and returned the power to the dam's machines, which They turned off for protection.

Falla en líneas de transmisión por incendio produjo apagón nacional de más de 50 horas

English translation
edit on 11-3-2019 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

It really does not add up to me.

That is not how power line distribution works.

If a line shorts out it will throw breakers.

Sounds like some switching equipment was tampered with in an effort to sabotage the lines.

If the system was set up in a way to fail as the linked material describes then this would have happened long ago by lightening.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Sounds like some switching equipment was tampered with in an effort to sabotage the lines.

If the system was set up in a way to fail as the linked material describes then this would have happened long ago by lightening.

Except if the sub station or power station fails, it doesn't matter.....everything in that area goes dark

I use to work on transmission lines...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Except if the sub station or power station fails, it doesn't matter.....everything in that area goes dark

I use to work on transmission lines...

Yes if the power goes out no one has power.

That is not what was just reported by a poster.

The report he got was that a fire caused the electric to jump breakers and such and short out the main units.

It sounds t me like someone was fooling with switching equipment and it could have been done remotely and that would cause fires.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OMG...Look what effect the power blackout is having in Venezuela hospitals!!

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wondered where the hacking rumours came from....

....TASS

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

They should send the troops in now "For the children"

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

They should send the troops in now "For the children"

You should tweet that to pompeo and bolton.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Surprised Venezuela isn't being talked about much anymore? Last month and before, it actually seemed as if the US was *about* to take some sort of action...

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry, “killed detractors wholesale”? Really? One of the things Venezuela did, which I believe was a mistake, was leaving the oligarchs in place, and in full possession of their companies and money. And in total ownership of the media. Any “dictatorship” would have murdered them, taken their property and money. Chavez left them largely in their prior situation even as they constantly aided coups and fomented discord. Putin at least went through and Brought all the Russian oligarchs to heel. Chavez largely left them alone. And today’s situation is the natural result. Well, and the prior coups and coup attempts, assassination attempts, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join