It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Playstation 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The new Sony Playstation 3 is expected to be one hell of a games console, here are the specs and info:

-Release date will be late 2005/early 2006. Sony originally stated it could be released in 2004, but as the Playstation 2 is still in it's maturite, many games are still being produced and sold for it. It would be a total loss to just disregard it so early.

-Features of the PS3 are rumoured to include a DVD burner, TV-recorder, Hard Drive, Internet accessibility & the PS3 will be fully upgradeable and 'add-on-able'. Hard-drive space is a certainty for the PS3 as this will improve loading speeds and enable users to store music, games and data on the system.

-Two versions of the PS3 have been rumoured to be released. One will be a total home entertainment system (retailing at 600-700 Euros), and a version that just plays games and movies (retailing at 200-300 Euros).

www.ps3land.com...

-Price will more than likely be the same of the previous Playstation releases. It may start at around $300, but drop dramatically over the years.

-Compatibility. The new PS3 is said to be able to play PSone and PS2 games. This is an awesome feature I personally feel because there are still many great games on the PS2, would be great to play them on a new system.

www.theregister.co.uk...

-What will it look like? No-one knows yet. There are many fan mock-ups of predictions of what it will look like, but no one really knows.

www.ps3land.com...

-The power of the PS2 is expected to be much more than the PS2. Rumours suggest that it may be up to 1000x more powerful; personally this seems a bit far-fetched. Sony has teamed up with IBM and Toshiba to create a new processor called the 'cell', which will be used in the Playstation 3.

Wow - sounds good. Can't wait for the release.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That sounds so rad. Tv-recorder and DVD burner in a Playstation would rock.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dam! Im gonna chuck my Ps2 out the window and start saving for that.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If Sony can get all their ducks in a row, they will have the most powerful system for years to come with the ps3. Cell processor technology is dependant on networked cells. Your ps3 will be network ready out of the box. When you are playing your ps3, the cell processor will send game data to other cell processors that are not in use, but hooked up to the net to help crunch data. Imagine. You are playing the next GTA on a system that has the capability to use 1000, 5000, hell, even 10,000 cell processors to make all the graphical computations for the game. Talk about powerhouse. In theory, this sounds good, but just cause something works on paper doesn't mean ist is going to work in real life.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Defaintly - I can't wait for the release. Sony have also released the 'PSP' - a handheld portable PS2 - very snazzy.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What kind of disks will the ps3 use, Bluray or hddvd?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will ship with a Blu-ray optical drive."

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i found a wierd concept for it the other day on howstuffwork.com (or somat like that). it looks like a round biscuit tin with an x-box pad attatched. like to know where they are going with that one. defo lookin forward to ti tho.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah I can't wait for new games like Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3. Many more wasted hours to come!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey, cool, and PS2/1 can still be played! YES! Why I love playstation over nintendo. Still have my nintendo and super nintendo, they far better then the new nintendos. Can't wait, have my PS2, so when PS3 comes out can sell it at a place I know of and get money for a PS3. SO COOL! Is FF12/13 gonna be on PS2 or 3? Man, new racing game, hell, maybe my Wrestling Game will be on it.(I sent a game idea to WWE Corporations about a wrestling game were you are the GM, instead of the GM's bitvh)

Man, this will be cool, I love xbox, had a friend modify it so I can save games/movies to the 200gig hard drive, but PS3 will be sooooo cool!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the total home entertainment system that is retailing at 600-700 Euros is WHAT in U.S. $???

600-700???

here is some information about the Cell Chip:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
the total home entertainment system that is retailing at 600-700 Euros is WHAT in U.S. $???

600-700???

here is some information about the Cell Chip:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

$792-$924 US lol basic conversion

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
damn...

thanks...

how am i gunna buy that :shk:

anyway, here is a cool site with pics of PS3 and other cool stuff...

link

new topics

top topics

join