It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Search results page impossible for me to read. Is it just me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi guys, I've been a fan of your site since I became a lurker in 2001 in the aftermath of Sept 11th and recently, I've found a problem. When I search for something, using the built in search function,, I can't read what the results are and I don't know if it's because of my colour blindness but the title of the thread is simply invisible to me, i'm vaguely aware of their being a colour there but not enough to make out letters. The website address itself is plainly visible, despite being pretty small and then the snippet of the OP we're given issts, p st obviously words but I can't really read it, it sort of bleeds into the background.

I haven't had my colour blindness tested since the 80's but back then it didn't fit inoto any of the categories back then, it kinda hovered around 3 of them.

I tried the black/white flip and the problem persisted, I tried making the screen onn my smartphone negative, it didn't help. In the end only selecting the text works. Sio it's not the end of the world, I just thought you might like to know...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The search function is used to separate those with reptilian eyes vs human eyes. You passed the test.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
it's not just you. same thing here, for months.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Been that way since I started coming here...

It is always frustrating to hear people complain about others not using the search function when it's horribly antiquated and illegible.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
About all you can do is left click like you were going to cut and paste and scroll. Yes everything is Too light/white.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The search function has always been a bit of a pain to use going on 13+ years. Go to Google or Bing and search through there, you get better results that are also readable.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

When I do do it, I just hit select all to highlight the whole page...

Yes, it's impossible to read otherwise.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Use Google or Duck-Duck-go search with question, thread title etc...put a SLASH(/)ATS after and all things here will pop up there.

*Searching here has been wonky for years especially after some restructuring...and it's not for lack of ATS trying to fix for everyone on every device worldwide.

Do simple search elsewhere-slash ATS.

Ive had the same hard to read results, I checked...but for 3-4 yrs now, a great majority of membership use other search engines/ATS
edit on 4-3-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Press CTRL+A to highlight all text and change colour.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I seems to be designed for the light skin (theme), not the dark one.

new topics

top topics

join