It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Foreign Affairs Dem rebukes Ilhan Omar for ‘vile anti-Semitic slur’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sure, knock yourself out!

Support whomever whatever.

Discuss, even criticize.

But don't silence people who may see it differently.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not particularly religious, but I support an Israel State (so that makes me a Zionist) and I support Israel. I support their continued existence.

I know many folks from that region and admire them on a personal and professional level.

I support Israel too, that doesn't mean I can't say they're open to critism (the government).

I'm related to folks from the region, I more than admire them, I love them.

I had a Jewish girlfriend for a long time, she was one of my favorite girlfriends Ive had.

Saying you don't like their government having influence on ours doesn't mean I want them to cease to exist. Saying we shouldn't give a perfectly capable government billions of dollars isn't wrong either.

I support the UK, they don't need billions of dollars or lobbying efforts though.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Sure, knock yourself out!

Support whomever whatever.

Discuss, even criticize.

But don't silence people who may see it differently.

Isn't that what's happening to Omar? Don't speak out or you're an anti-semite?

Or what about the Texas city who tried to only give hurricane relief aid to citizens who pledged not to boycott Israel.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Like I've said (repeatedly) Criticize government. Always criticize government.

But I side with Israel. Probably always will, unless they like shoot at me or try to kill me.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But I side with Israel. Probably always will, unless they like shoot at me or try to kill me.

I side with Murica' 😜

Joking aside, I get what you mean.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: pavil

I think many politicians have allegiance to Israel... Many have stopped just short of saying it.

I'm not anti semetic, just expressing my right to vocalize my opinion.

It's no secret Israel lobbys our government, and I don't like it.

That's well and fine. Last I heard there wasn't a Senator or Representatives Critical Stinker. It's pretty easy to support the only Democracy in the region.

I get your point about foreign Dollars influencing politicians. Good luck getting those same politicians to cut themselves off that teat.

Now if a President did an Executive Order prohibiting that........ all Hell would break loose.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So she's a 12'er?

Interesting...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: neo96

So she's a 12'er?

Interesting...

Good bet.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Imagine believing critiquing Israel for the genocidal state that it is, gets called out as antisemitic and yet groups can yell "Blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" people can say that ((Jews)) run the entire world... and silence...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Prove theres "genocide".

Been hearing this BS for years and Palestinians are still there.
edit on 4 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Deny ignorance bro.

Criticizing Israel or zionists is not anti Semitic, and I’m sick of people suggesting otherwise.

Israel is a country not worldwide Jewry. Even many Jews and Israelis criticize certain actions by Israel.

Is talking about collusion with Russians “anti slavic?”
Is criticizing the Chinese Communist Party “anti-sinitic?”

Etc ad Infinitum.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is misinformed or disingenuous.

Many such leaders seem to make policy that is not good for the US but instead other countries including Israel. Many receive money and support for pro Israel groups. Many are dual citizens with Israel. They are trying to pass Orwellian laws in many states limiting the ability to engage in BDS as well as criticize Israel. Etc etc. that is not protecting Israel nor Jews, that is *privileging* Israel in a criticism free way that no other country can expect.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is why I think that those asserting such things are either brainwashed by media or religion, or are shills.

No rational, highly educated Israeli nationalist nor of any other country would claim legitimate criticism of a government and potential intelligence activities amounts to anti Semitism. It’s totally dishonest.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That point is true in vacuum, but it’s not accurate that people don’t criticize other countries and their influence. A blatant example is we’ve been talking not just about Russian collusion, but Soviet influence and infiltration. China, cuba, al queda, you name it.

Your reply reflects another classic deflection from Israel criticism. People frequently claim that it’s anti Semitic to criticize Israel for its actions in the region and especially Palestine, because supposedly Israel is singled out and other countries aren’t criticized for war, oppression, or human rights violations.

Problem, that’s so obviously false it’s laughable. In fact, Israel gets criticized LESS and held to account less than many regimes, from China and Mayanmar to Syria and Iraq. In fact, Syria and Iraq had extreme consequences visited upon them. Libya is in ruins and their leader dead for ostensible oppression of the populace and human rights violations.
Many foreign leaders have been tried for war crimes.

What about Israel? Not really.

edit on 4-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Prove theres "genocide".

Been hearing this BS for years and Palestinians are still there.

Separate from genocide, do you deny that Israel has been progressively and aggressively taking Palestinian land, in contravention of international law, international decisions, and human rights?

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It’s immoral to blindly to support any government if they are violating human rights. You become complicit.

It’s just like many Americans who blindly apologize for US foreign policy when often it’s clearly neo imperialism and violating the rights of other sovereign nations and peoples. It’s either a low educated position, or one void of ethics.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with what she had said at all.
Why all the outrage?

For a Liberal she seems fair and she was outspoken agaisnt regime change in Syria.
edit on 4-3-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Countless articles have been written about this, and if you want to take the strict definition of genocide

"the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group"

I would say that specifically targetting Palestinians and their destruction would fall under the genocidal actions

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I bet these new female Congressman won't be standing up giving each other the high five at the next State of the Union Address.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ok? is that relevant? and why should I care?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join