It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Foreign Affairs Dem rebukes Ilhan Omar for ‘vile anti-Semitic slur’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't give money to people who think I'm a dick, so why should the US?

Well that's odd.

That's why I never donate cash to Omars party.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The bad part is, we probably fund some countries and with those funds, they do crap that causes the US to spend more.

Like those slimes the Saudis? Go figure, no one can honestly claim they saw that coming.

Wonder how arrogant they'd be without Uncle Sammie footing the bill.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Wonder how arrogant they'd be without Uncle Sammie footing the bill.

They'd be too busy fighting off the rest of the people they've pissed of in the Middle East to worry about us.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What vile anti semetic slur did she use?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tehran & Riyadh would be at each others throats, oh, wait....

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We should be very critical of Israel.

I’m not for Trumps wall, I think it’s pretry stupid. But why should we fund one for Israel before we find our own?

How can us politicians hold political positions in Israel and not consider it conflict of interest ?

I can’t confirm it, but Iv heard Chuck Schumer is pro abortion in American and anti abortion in Israel .
Why?

Something about “look at who you’re not allowed to criticize..”

Also “Semitic” includes Arabs and Muslims as well so the whole thing is stupid
edit on 3-3-2019 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2019 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
im surprised people are surprised by such reporting. i mean its become the status quo for the media to go full retard with any story. this time its just the right leaning media taking a queue from the left leaning media and following suit. this is small cakes compared to whats been done to the president.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Everyone of these threads I ask what she says that is so blatantly anti semetic.

Never an answer.

Pathrtic we live in the "free world" yet you can't question a foreign government lobbying your own.

There are localities with laws regarding an allegiance to Israel, or punishing those who protest Israel.

This whole topic is considered tabboo.

What a joke.
edit on 3-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This whole topic does appear very taboo, almost like a restriction on freedom of speech at a national level, not just on private forums.

So many times I want to question the tribes % ownership of our media and financial institutions. Maybe at some point we can openly discuss this without labels being applied to automatically shut down conversation.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Everyone of these threads I ask what she says that is so blatantly anti semetic.

Yep.

Never an answer.

*ahem*

*koff-koff*

It is just a bit hypocritical to decry Israel's influence in our government while either ignoring or promoting other influences within our government.

ie; CAIR.

If you are going to be critical of influence of the American government, then why does she only have an issue with the Jews influence?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

ie; CAIR.

If you are going to be critical of influence of the American government, then why does she only have an issue with the Jews influence?

You're right, if we're being honest, her heritage and creed probably have something to do with it.

But CAIR has a hundredth of money and influence as AIPAC (rough estimate, doubtfully hyperbolic).

I'm against all foreign influence into our government.

Hell I'm even for prioritizing Saudi Arabia first before we address Israeli influence.

This isn't about religion bashing for me, I'm agnostic and don't mind what other people believe so long as they don't push it on my life.

It's simply about foreign influence.

I'm willing to say also that AIPAC, is most likely more citizens of the state than not, but they advocate for us to spend great deal of resources to the Middle East for agenda... Most of which doesn't benefit us.

Truth be told, I don't really care about the Middle East enough to want my country sending our young and my money there.

edit on 3-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: I can't spell today.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Calling someone an anti semite for having an opinion on how our country operates is almost as bad as being an anti semite IMO.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What vile anti semetic slur did she use?

The one since the Middle Ages of "Serving two Masters".

History is rife with that accusation being used for hatred towards Jews.

Is that not bad enough, given the historical context of such words?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Can you source it?

Edit: can you source her using a slur? And not just criticizing things many agree on?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It is just a bit hypocritical to decry Israel's influence in our government while either ignoring or promoting other influences within our government.

ie; CAIR.

The comment she made ...

“I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”

... seemed pretty inclusive to me. Except that she is talking about the influence from foreign nations and not the influence of religious cults.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

She endorses CAIR. She promotes CAIR.

Isn't she pushing for an ideology?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Can you source it?

Edit: can you source her using a slur? And not just criticizing things many agree on?

She used the word Allegiance.

Definition of allegiance
1a : the obligation of a feudal vassal to his liege lord
b(1) : the fidelity owed by a subject or citizen to a sovereign or government
I pledge allegiance to my country.
(2) : the obligation of an alien to the government under which the alien resides

Link

I hardly think you need a history lesson on this but Here

Jews in Europe were often not considered subjects or citizens of their Country or King and were often accused of not being loyal to anyone other than other Jews.

It's not like there is a historical vacuum for statements like Omar's to not be considered anti-Semitic.

Once again Omar chose her words poorly. I guess she should have this statement starred on her twitter so people can refer to it every time she speaks on this subject:

“Antisemitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of antisemitic tropes.”

I'm guessing we should hear this standard apology from her about once a month?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I think many politicians have allegiance to Israel... Many have stopped just short of saying it.

I'm not anti semetic, just expressing my right to vocalize my opinion.

It's no secret Israel lobbys our government, and I don't like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

She endorses CAIR. She promotes CAIR.

Isn't she pushing for an ideology?

I know zip about this woman, what she promotes, or who she endorses, but I agree with her statement. We should be able to discuss the influences foreign countries have on our lawmakers without having that discussion shut down by pejorative terms like anti-Semitic, racist, homophobic, etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not particularly religious, but I support an Israel State (so that makes me a Zionist) and I support Israel. I support their continued existence.

I know many folks from that region and admire them on a personal and professional level.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join