It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fired Up' Ellen Page Slams Trump Administration in Impassioned Anti-Hate Speech on Colbert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 50ul5t34l3r

Hate crimes are hoax's.

Since we already have laws that punish those that harm someone else( where theres presumption of innocence/and proven in courts of law in front of a jury of peers)

What's the issue?

The only thing social justice is a return to public lynching.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me is this seemes like the pervasive mentality of many white virtue signaling liberals. They have no life experiences outside their ivory tower bubble. If they were exposed to the application of the ideology they preach they would quickly change their tune.

Like usual she expects us to pass the purity test she would inevitably fail...

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
time.com...

She later addressed the rise homophobia and rise in hate crimes, including the recent attack on actor Jussie Smollett, who said he was assaulted by two masked men who put a rope around his neck and shouted homophobic and racist insults at him.

Didn't see this earlier. Might be a little late to the Oscar party.

Canadian actress Ellen Page has an earful for you...

Whoops turns out she is very wrong.

Nominee for a Razzie award???

Love me some hollyweird...

Is it just me or does this arsehole have a really annoying voice and personality. My god.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So you basically lied to me and everyone in this forum and decided to provide proof of your lie after I asked for it.

Why would you do that?

That initiative does absolutely nothing to "fight discrimination" and, moreover, is being led by the US ambassador to Germany, not Mike Pence. This "global" initiative is strictly focused on Iran. It mentions nothing of Saudi Arabia, Egypt or the recent call to "purge" homosexuals in Chechnya.

Trump has rolled back protections for discrimination in his administration.
Trump has tried to ban transgender service members from the military (the "T" in LGBT)
Actively encouraged anti-LGBT groups to work internationally, including Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, funneling millions of federal dollars to them.

Stop pretending you or anyone else in the Trump administration gives a damn about LGBT rights. Especially with Mike Pence on your side.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Who cares about lgbtefg rights?

Do you think they are better than normal people?

Building up seperate rights for minorities ensures they are victim class, just like affirmative action.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Some actor whose opinion is no more or less then any one else's.

I would rather listen to a working (real job) person's opinion.
edit on 3/3/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
She’s a mouth piece just parroting what she hears from others. Yet another Hollywood millionaire who thinks their popularity gives them more say than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: links234
Who cares about lgbtefg rights?

You can just shorten that; who cares about rights?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
time.com...

She later addressed the rise homophobia and rise in hate crimes, including the recent attack on actor Jussie Smollett, who said he was assaulted by two masked men who put a rope around his neck and shouted homophobic and racist insults at him.

Didn't see this earlier. Might be a little late to the Oscar party.

Canadian actress Ellen Page has an earful for you...

Whoops turns out she is very wrong.

Nominee for a Razzie award???

Love me some hollyweird...

Who?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Canadian actress Ellen Page has an earful for you

Not for me.
See the first word in that statement ?
And the second word makes it completely irrelevant
No matter what the topic is

Canadians affect you more than anyone else, should be a tad more careful..you perhaps do not know who some of us are and why we reside directly North of you.

Also, you need us bad and soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Gothmog

Canadian actress Ellen Page has an earful for you

Not for me.
See the first word in that statement ?
And the second word makes it completely irrelevant
No matter what the topic is

Canadians affect you more than anyone else, should be a tad more careful..you perhaps do not know who some of us are and why we reside directly North of you.

Also, you need us bad and soon.

Care to explain ?
I will be waiting
Yet , I do not believe I will get one
Because what a Canadian actress would say on US politics has absolutely no meaning to me (or to the US)
But , if you can give one valid reason why it should , please , do tell.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So you basically lied to me and everyone in this forum and decided to provide proof of your lie after I asked for it.

Why would you do that?

That initiative does absolutely nothing to "fight discrimination" and, moreover, is being led by the US ambassador to Germany, not Mike Pence. This "global" initiative is strictly focused on Iran. It mentions nothing of Saudi Arabia, Egypt or the recent call to "purge" homosexuals in Chechnya.

Trump has rolled back protections for discrimination in his administration.
Trump has tried to ban transgender service members from the military (the "T" in LGBT)
Actively encouraged anti-LGBT groups to work internationally, including Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, funneling millions of federal dollars to them.

Stop pretending you or anyone else in the Trump administration gives a damn about LGBT rights. Especially with Mike Pence on your side.

I most certainly do give a damn about lgbt rights.

You failed.

Again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join