It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geological Evidence of Planet‐Wide Groundwater System on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
I find it more likely than the "Use Curiosity to save Opportunity" mission that is getting petition signatures.

Signatures from ignorant people, obviously.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I guess if I shine a light on the outside of an ass, I can tell if there's cancer buried 5-7" inside, because *evidence* lol. It must be a liberal consensus type ideological process. Evidence means proof.go to any, ANY, geological search company and ask for a guaranteed find for underground gold, silver, lithium, etc., you won't get it because it is probabilities, not PROOF.

Silly wabbit, Trix are for kids!

Cheers - Dave

Wrong, evidence does not mean proof.

In the simplest terms, proof is conclusive but evidence isn't. Evidence is more of a suggestion.

is evidence proof

Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement.

Let me know when you get to the supreme court and change the laws on what is or isn't defined as evidence or proof, mmmkay :-) until then, read up on and use the scientific method. I could say that because aoc is a liberal and an idiot that it is evidence that all liberals are idiots, but in fact, it's just proof aoc is an idiot and there is a probability that all liberals suffer from some form of idiocy.

Cheers - Dave

I guess we will have to agree to disagree about your belief that evidence is the same as proof , but why do you think the geologists and researchers at the University of Utrecht didn't use the scientific method when they published the paper Geological Evidence of Planet‐Wide Groundwater System on Mars?

Utrecht University is a university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. Established 26 March 1636, it had an enrollment of 29,425 students in 2016, and employed 5,568 faculty and staff. In 2011, 485 PhD degrees were awarded and 7,773 scientific articles were published.

University of Utrecht

OK, so you have a mole and a pimple on your ass. When these two things occur there is a non-zero probability that it is an indicator of a cancer, a flag if you will. But it could also simply be a mole and a pimple. So the doctor shines a light on your ass and sees the mole and pimple and says, it's evidence you have cancer. Guess what, it's not evidence that you have anything other than a mole and a pimple. It's simply an observation that results in a non-zero probability of cancer and 100% evidence you have a mole and a pimple.

I have been down this road examing biological flags for autoimmune diseases like pityriasis rubra pilaris and the protein p53 flag/ trigger that seems to indicate the presence of cancer is causing the PRP symptoms. PRP in all cases creates the same skin condition, but in some cases there is no cancer, however in all cases where there is cancer, the same protein is triggered and the folicles and pores are affected the same way. One could assume because of that that all PRP sufferers have cancer and the evidence is in the skin, but that is not necessarily the case. So, PRP is not evidence of cancer, it is evidence of a probability. Until a full body CT scan is done and a biopsy, it is simply evidence/proof of a skin condition.

In the same way, long distance examination of the surface of mars is not evidence of anything, other than a rendering of the surface using laser topography. It simply finds probabilities based on previous emperical data from another planet with a considerably denser atmosphere. They are not comparing apples to apples so the most they can hope for as far as results is an educated and calculated guess based on manually skewed data to compensate for planetary differences. It is simply evidence that a surface exists and a non-zero probability of ground water based on an educated and calculated guess, not evidence of ground water.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/4.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join