It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin man faces 10th drunken driving charge, after trooper sees beer on console

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

OCONTO, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin man is facing his 10th drunken driving charge.

Douglas Kluth of Green Bay was arrested early Wednesday in Oconto County.

Officials say the State Patrol was helping with traffic when the 66-year-old Kluth parked his vehicle and approached a trooper. The trooper saw the beer on the console.

The complaint says Kluth had a valid driver’s license. He was charged with operating while intoxicated, 10th or more offense.

Wisconsin man faces 10th drunken driving charge, after trooper sees beer on console

The article across every venue claims that Wisconsin law does not consider a 1st time DUI as a criminal offense.

So after ten DUI charges, when the hell does Wisconsin consider DUI a legitimate offense?

Come on Wisconsin residents, is this really satisfactory for you all?

Essentially no consequences for DUI?

I seriously would've thought better of Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

So what's the point of your post other than to advocate the government make harsher laws to lock up the undesirables for longer...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So what's the point of your post other than to advocate the government make harsher laws to lock up the undesirables for longer...

So i guess decriminalization of DUI is your argument against my post? Or should someone be allowed 30 DUI charges before their license is revoked?

Such a stupid post that in every way possible advocates for lenient or no DUI charges.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Make the punishment for a crime, legitimate?

Maybe?

Know anyone killed by a drunk driver? Thought not...

(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I can hear it now...

"Not all drunk drivers are dangerous.. stop being race ist..."

*vrooooom*

outtahere.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Maybe?

Get a clue already

Oh... I need a clue.. I'll call a friend thanks Eddie... Oh wait, they were killed by a drunk driver.

Guess I'll pass.

The only person making light of this is you, I'm sorry if you don't understand where I'm coming from and that has clouded your ability to be rational.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Maybe?

Get a clue already

.. how about actually saving people from absolute wankers.

damn, sometimes.

What's your plan big boy, go on a killing spree, just kill em all...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

edit on 3/1/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Just look up DUI laws for most places in Canada, especially Ontario and you'll never even think about getting behind the wheel with alcohol in your system. That's how you fight this.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Just look up DUI laws for most places in Canada, especially Ontario and you'll never even think about getting behind the wheel with alcohol in your system. That's how you fight this.

Yet my news quote is truth and irrefutable.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Guessing he'd want what most normal people would expect after a 10th (or 3rd) DUI charge and his license get permanently suspended.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

What? That the laws are broken in that state?

Even after DUI charge you can land in jail or in a rehabilitation program that YOU have to pay for in Ontario.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Drink driving is a serious problem, more laws won't fix the problem.

Maybe it you that's stupid for assuming I'm arguing for leniency..

So what is your solution ?
Pretty obvious this guy doesn't care if he hurts someone and 10 DUIs is worth at least 6 months in jail to dry out and go through mandatory rehab, on top of a huge fine and losing his licence.
In many states it would be years in jail and yet this idiot is still free and still driving drunk.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

So after ten DUI charges, when the hell does Wisconsin consider DUI a legitimate offense?

Probably when he crashes his car and kills someone's loved one. After all, the gun laws are the same way. How many mass shooters are found out later to have had criminal records, mental illness or had previous complaints of domestic abuse? Yet still have the right to own a gun.

Nothing is done until the public protests and puts pressure on their elected officials.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Put the Bastard in prison forever...

Kindest regards from Lags in France that lost a family member due to a person who was over the limit due to booze and weed...

Twats...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Following the first offence and after fewer than 5 he should have been banned from driving for life and told that if he breaks the ban he will be charged with attempted murder because such flagrant abuse of the law on drink driving shows he has no though for the consequences of his actions.

Bond was set at $25,000 cash Wednesday, according to WLUK-TV. If convicted, Kluth faces up to 15 years in prison.

Shame it's taken so long to get to an appropriate response to what is a public menace but up to 15 years in prison offers significant leeway for him to get less.

Shocking.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join