It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin man faces 10th drunken driving charge, after trooper sees beer on console

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: gallop

a reply to: EternalSolace

So what's the point of your post other than to advocate the government make harsher laws to lock up the undesirables for longer...

Make the punishment for a crime, legitimate?

Maybe?

Know anyone killed by a drunk driver? Thought not...

Get a clue already

Oh... I need a clue.. I'll call a friend thanks Eddie... Oh wait, they were killed by a drunk driver.

Guess I'll pass.

The only person making light of this is you, I'm sorry if you don't understand where I'm coming from and that has clouded your ability to be rational.

Knowing something particular and not knowing it, are two very different things. Are they not?

What clouds my mind, is letting drunk drivers off 10 times.

Where do we differ?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So what's the point of your post other than to advocate the government make harsher laws to lock up the undesirables for longer...

Make the punishment for a crime, legitimate?

Maybe?

Know anyone killed by a drunk driver? Thought not...

Get a clue already

.. how about actually saving people from absolute wankers.

damn, sometimes.

What's your plan big boy, go on a killing spree, just kill em all...

Get my RPG out and be at the ready, you say? Hyuk Hyuk..

I'm feeling good, walkin' round my neighbourhood
I'm havin' fun... with my machine gun..

What are you even on about, no one but you and those you tell, know what things you know and no one else knows...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I was hit head on by a drunk driver who hopped a median and hit me. I was minding my business and then BAM the scum bag nailed me.

Anyway. I sat through all the court hearings and I was APPALLED at how EASILY people got off on multiple DUI offenses! I was like do they need to kill someone to be put away?! One guy it was his 5th offense AND he had no DL! What did he get? A DAMN FINE! I sat there with my jaw wide open.

I am in Florida.

If you ask me ONE DUI offense you should lose your license for 1-2 years, if you hit someone with that DUI, 5 years. After the first offense you should get jail!

The guy who hit me only got a year in jail because I was there to testify. To this day I have issues with my neck and back. Sure they put all my bills on him but i haven't seen a dime in 7 years.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

To be fair....

Isn't Wisconsin an alcoholic?

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I am in Florida.

That explains a lot.

When I watch the craziest of videos, if it looks warm Florida man, if it looks cold Russia man.

You'd be surprised how accurate that system is.

Edit: All joking aside, sorry to hear about your story and I hope you are OK with no lasting effects.
edit on 1-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

10TH? Holy geez at what point does the State of Wisconsin say "That's enough, stay off of our roads you drunk!?"

I'm astounded when I hear 5th and 6th charges...but 10, well that's entirely too much.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Eh, I was convicted of the least bad one (0.08%-1.14%) when I went to pick up my Stepdad from work in 2017. His license was revoked because he had gotten into an accident from momentarily losing conciousness due to health reasons and fatigue from trying to move furniture out of our rented house into his deceased Mother's house in one weekend while being almost 60, obese, with bad diabetes.

He passed away later that year, but the problem or blessing at the time was that the MP at the visitor gate of the army base he worked at smelled it on my breath and got me. For the record, it doesn't make it okay or any exception but I was fine to drive, made it to the base perfectly fine like any other day, and would've made it home without incident like any other day. I hadn't that "much" because much is different to a degree for most people. If you're a seasoned, responsible drinker and have a few drinks a few days or even every day of the week, a 0.08% feels like one drink, and what people don't know is that your BAC spikes to over .10% for up to 30 minutes after having one quick drink on an empty stomach, like a full shot of liquor in a mixed drink or by itself, or chugging a 16oz 8% by volume beer. After 30 minutes, it drops rapidly and by an hour after the drink, your BAC is more like 0.01 or 0.02. I didn't know that at the time, I learned it from buying a $30 breathalyzer for fun and research.

Anyways, they completely roasted me. One year of federal supervised probation, 4 classes that cost $400, a couple hundred for the fine and court costs, a once a week counseling class for 20 weeks that would've been $600 but I got a deal for $300. 40 hours of community service. Now, If my car insurance lapses, my license gets suspended by the DMV until I have proof of insurance and I have to pay a $150 fee. That's if I miss one month of insurance payment, although I buy 6 months of liability insurance at a time for $600.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I raised 6 boys I have seen with my own eyes what drunk driving does .
Personally get caught once you should never get to drive again .
hit someone it should be a attempted murder charge .
YOU know driving drunk is dangers and if you hit someone they can die that to me is murder .

I read a scifi book once ill give the out lines .
A kid just got his driving license he was following all the laws and being carful but someone walked out in front of him and he hit and killed them ,

THEN the Instructor Woke him up from the trance he was in ( see they made him believe he was driving )
Anyway the Instructor says you passed the kids says great and goes to take the license the instructor Stops him and says HE failed .

How did he fail you wonder ? Ten seconds after he believed he had hit and killed someone he was ready to jump into a car and drive .That showed he had no care on how his driving could effect other people .
No drugs NO call phones NO hair brushes No drinking .
Its my grandchildrens lifes .

Our world has so little care for our children and even our own life it amazes me the human race has not going extinct 10 k years agaio .

Ps once when I was driving down town ( on that day I was paying attation funner I was just putting around so only doing around 10 12 mph .
I seen a young girl mabye 9 with a group of kids at the cross walk but she stood out I could see she was going to try and cross in front of me .
EVEN on my game Even going so slow My bumper was 2 inches from her when I was finly stopped .
To this day I am greatfull I did not hit her as even Though I would not have been to balm ( blam does not bring back a childs life )
Immange hitting someones child Stone cold sobor ! then having to live with taht for teh rest of your life if thsi does not give you pause Park the car and walk you shoudl not be on the road .

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That driver, will eventually kill someone. Crush his car, then a year in jail for every previous charge.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Actually I always wondered why there isn't a drinking license. If you get a DWI the drinking license is suspended and nobody can sell you liquor. Get a DWI on a suspended license and then it's a 10,000 dollar fine. And it costs 5000 dollars and 2 years to reinstate the license after the first revocation. 2nd revocation is permanent. 3 or more DWI's get you a 2 to 5 year stay in state prison per offense.

There would be very few repeat offenders.
edit on 1-3-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The way it works currently is that you have to file something called an FR44 with your insurance company or the next one when you buy it. It's the highest risk driver form, there's one below it called an SR22. From what I hear, it doubles your car insurance price easily.

For example, with no tickets and an otherwise perfect driving record in an economy 4 cylinder, it's up to $150 per month for basic liability insurance, the lowest level. I buy it in 6 month increments for the discount, it's then $620 to $700.

If your insurance lapses, it notifies the DMV within a week or two and you get a letter saying your license is suspended until you get insurance, plus a $150 fine.

They sent me a new letter recently stating that I can't register my car again in January 2020 until I pay my toll tickets to this company called Elizabeth River Tunnels. They showed up in my area about a decade ago and laws were passed to allow them to monopolize the highways with toll sensors. You don't really know when you're entering a toll section and you need an EZ Pass stuck to your windshield to not get charged. Those cost some amount per month, haven't checked.

It was an $8 toll originally, now it's $165 and with a bill collector because I said this isn't fair, what an absurd amount of late fees on a tiny debt. I don't have to pay it, it's not like a ticket from the city or state for a traffic violation.

edit on 3/1/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe he is rich?

Maybe he was wrongly accused 9 times?

Everyone is confusing charges and convictions.
edit on 1-3-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Come on Wisconsin residents, is this really satisfactory for you all?

No it isn't but this state is owned by the beer companies & brewers associations.
First offence is just a slap on the wrist. Crazy!

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Drink driving is a serious problem, more laws won't fix the problem.

Maybe it you that's stupid for assuming I'm arguing for leniency..

So what is your solution ?
Pretty obvious this guy doesn't care if he hurts someone and 10 DUIs is worth at least 6 months in jail to dry out and go through mandatory rehab, on top of a huge fine and losing his licence.
In many states it would be years in jail and yet this idiot is still free and still driving drunk.

I'm not really sure of a solution, some people lose their licence for drink driving and still drink and drive, they get locked up and get out and do it again. It's pretty #ed up.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Wisconsin man faces 10th drunken driving charge, after trooper sees beer on console
The article across every venue claims that Wisconsin law does not consider a 1st time DUI as a criminal offense.
So after ten DUI charges, when the hell does Wisconsin consider DUI a legitimate offense?
Come on Wisconsin residents, is this really satisfactory for you all? Essentially no consequences for DUI?

What about the presumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty.
What HARD EVIDENCE is there that the can contains or had contained alcohol
Was the driver breath tested and what were the readings

Could you please explain to us readers why you consider accusation equals proof to be good law?

Could you please also tell us if you would be happy for your self, or one of you family, to be convicted and sent to goal on the basis of an accusation made by a police officer and without corroborating or substantiating evidence being produced?

thanks

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

He should be Shot by Firing Squad .

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

ow do you get " no consequences " ???????????????

try actually reading

he way i see it 1st DUI gets you [ in wisconsin ] fines , licence suspension

but NO criminal reccord

here [ UK ] drunk drivers do get a criminal reccord - but MOST other motoring offences = zero criminal reccord - just fines and " licence endorsements " - basically a points system that " adds up " - when you has 12 points - you loose the licence for 6 months - but no criminal record -

but hey - getting back to wisconsin - 2nd DUI = criminal record

whatys the problem ???????????????

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

drinking licence ? next stop - an eating licence - to regulate fatties ??????????????????

i alreay hold the opinion that a breeding licence should be required to spawn crotch-fruits

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The thing is, most of us don't want to get rid of our guns and are adults who accept the fact that people will die. Every. Single. Year.
That's life.

You may be hearing from that vocal minority.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Anyone who knows Wisconsin politics knows that the Tavern League are big time political contributers.

You wanna change the Wisconsin laws, deal with the Tavern League.

www.tlw.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join