It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are scared of spiders... you probably do not want to see this...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink
Nice collection! I had a curly hair..what a burrower, I had some small rocks/pebbles in the substrate, she would come out of her burrow carrying them in her teeth.
The Balfouri's are very cool, I just got mine a few weeks ago. Check out the Green Bottle Blue if you like prolific Webbers.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

damm you got stung bye one

we have them I was once chased about a 1/4 mile bye one aggressively

also seen cats hunt them

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

I think it has much to do with children learning from their parents.
Most people go ewwww a spider and kill it, then the child grows up doing the same thing in most cases and passes this trait onto their children and so on.
Irrational fear.

Spiders and snakes, actually bugs in general are feared and despised mostly due to ignorance. Granted some have legitimate reasons for being hated.

I absolutely love my tarantulas. I check to see what they are up to dozens of times a day every single day.
Truly fascinating creatures.

#lovemyspiders

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My curly hair decided to build her home above ground using dirt curtains (dirts mixed with webbing) hung from some leafy decorations.

My Vagans has burrowed down to the bottom of her enclosure and has almost completely excavated the entire bottom layer and brought it to the top.

The GBB is pretty much a must have for any Tarantula owner, unfortunately I wasn't able to get any when I was ordering but I will get one next time.
As for the Balfouri I love their webs and they are gorgeous to boot. Them and the GBB can be kept communally if one is brave enough to keep a handful of them all in one enclosure.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

I have seen Balfouri kept communally, Avics too, need a big tank

<< 1  2   >>

join