It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have to find some middle ground if we want to move forward

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Obviously we're as divisive as ever (or as long as I've been alive). That's a zero sum game, one extreme than the next, no moving forward as things get undone.

What if we all found a cause to rally together for and hide the hatchet temperarly? I mean temperarly too, as balance is needed, and while I'm not a fan of the "balance" we have currently, the least we can do is make it better.

I propose we all demand whoever we vote for to try and end needless wars, and not seek future ones.

If we can all agree something is horribly broken, maybe we won't be as spiteful on issues just to oppose the other side for a "win".

Somethings got to give.

I'm open to other ideas or critism though.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nothing brings folks together like tacos.

I must eat them in solitude these days or risk calls of cultural appropriation.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's not why people don't want to be around you when you eat them......

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What exactly does "moving forward" mean?

link   
Well if you remember around 9/11/2001-2008 we were all basically United because of the tragedy in new York we will never forget. Apparently some people forgot because you have certain members of Congress who are more worried about feelings than fact and swearing in on a Koran. Not sure the two sides can come back to center or middle if you prefer.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Nothing brings folks together like tacos.

You must be a liberal sympathetic to illegal immigrants. I don't let that filth come near my kitchen or my family.

As for middle ground, yeah right! The OP must be a liberal asking for mercy. Um, no, you've been uncovered for the traitors you are forever. Here's to Trump 2020 and Pence 2024 + 2028.
edit on 2/27/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No we don't need to find middle ground. People need to accept that we are a constitutional republic and have certain rights that will always be here.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No we don't need to find middle ground. People need to accept that we are a constitutional republic and have certain rights that will always be here.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: JinMI

That's not why people don't want to be around you when you eat them......

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Decent post.

Remember most of these wars stem from Israel and the Arab/Iranian ME conflict and the 911 operation that was used to destabilize certain ME powers.

That operation is still on probably on delay with the Putin's intervention in Syria and the Trump presidency.

A new whipped up cold war has begun, and the Venezuela crisis is a new one or the continuing SA US agenda.

What the world is neglecting is the universal elimination of nuclear arms, a true intent to world peace, the universal elimination of deadly poverty still going on in parts of Africa and parts of Asia, and environmental issues.

These things are held up by the US Military Industrial Complex and deep state within the western powers and now including some ME powers.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Dang, ya caught me.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

As for middle ground, yeah right! The OP must be a liberal asking for mercy. Um, no, you've been uncovered for the traitors you are forever. Here's to Trump 2020 and Pence 2024 + 2028.

I'm so liberal I voted for Trump.

Just trying to hold him to his promise of dialing back wars with no unneeded new ones.....

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

You mean the ones Bush took away?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I like you, Pork Chop.

You're all right.

Just be on the side of freedom. Be on the side of individual rights. Be on the side of justice and rule of law.

Apparently that's too much for some.

But I think you've got it.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The people in power make a lot of money off war. If you want to address wealth inequality in this country you are not going to change the status quo by begging for charity. Why change tax policy when it benefits the people in power? Your post doesn't make sense.

edit on 27-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

There's precious little "middle ground" in a cult. It's all or nothing...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
What exactly does "moving forward" mean?

Most voters agree presidents and our government have made mistakes taking us back ✔

Most voters agree certain things need to be done and soon ✔

Most voters agree we could be better ✔
edit on 27-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Make president plural

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nothing wrong with consistency.

I rarely waiver unless it's time to take that big ass humble pill and admit I'm wrong about something.

We've gone too far away from what we were founded on. That doesn't mean we can't change sometimes... But that should coincide with what we were founded on....

Which was not letting a government rule us, rather we rule it. We keep liberty and freedoms, and that hasn't been the case.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wish the Democrats would produce a moderate to cement the gains we have and not go off on radical new programs.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

. . . Which was not letting a government rule us, rather we rule it. We keep liberty and freedoms, and that hasn't been the case.

That is a very ugly truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join