It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what BIG Pharma Owns now??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Possibly... You!?!

Or at least... Your DNA...

Knowing your ancestry is not only a fun thing to look into but also a fascinating process that can shed a lot of light on your personal understanding of your family.
However, have you ever thought to consider that looking into your ancestry might not be the safest or most secure experience? Have you ever considered that offering DNA might have unknown outcomes?

If you paid for an ancestry report from 23andMe.com, then the pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline now owns your genetic identity! Does that sound scary or what?

www.healthy-holistic-living.com...

Funny... I've always wanted to get an "ancestry" or DNA test done... Just to see what there is to see...

Now im kinda happy i didn't...

I mean... what the hell do Pharma companies want with your DNA?

Genetically manufacture illnesses, just so they can feed you more pills and fatten their pocket books?

Can't be good... can it?

edit on 25-2-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I do quite a bit of studying of research related to genetics and it's relation to meds and food chemistry. Presently, there is not enough research about most things to actually conclude most things. I have seen some extensive research on drug interactions with genetics, some of the connections are important. But most times it is just risk, and having an increase in risk over baseline sometimes means nothing. I can't see Pharma companies benefitting by this unless they have a name and medical history on the person. Medical history presently is not well established yet, lots of stuff gets dumped by doctors or the side effects of medicine are not even considered. Pharma companies have brainwashed the doctors.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Buying access and buying our DNA are two different things.

That said, I advocate legislation that codifies the ownership of self in all transactions. The right to own oneself, our very identities, should be fundamental. No one should ever be able to buy or sell your identity or any component thereof without due compensation for such activity. I think this approach may actually be beneficial to everyone. Because you would always have a stake in the most important economic commodity there is. Who you are.

I believe ownership of self codification is the first step toward the automated machine economy I talk about all the time. In a society like that no one could buy your ID in any fashion (genetic or otherwise) without compensating you fairly for it and with your consent.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Always thought those DNA test kits were suspicious. If they want my DNA they can bust down my door and search my hamper and shower drain.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Our parents created us, the architecture of our bodies, therefore they are original works of authorship which are automatically protected by copyright law.

I don't think big pharma can own your DNA, and I also think it is illegal for other companies to sell your DNA without paying your parents royalties.

At least that is what I would argue.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ever had a blood test run?

They've already got your DNA.

Ever had a flu shot?

They've got your DNA.

Ever had a nurse take your temperature?

They've got your DNA.

Dentist? They've got your DNA. Barber? They could get your DNA. Drank a canned or bottled beverage? They've got your DNA.

I don't think it's even possible to prevent your DNA from being collected and analyzed unless you live in a hermetically sealed bubble, and even then I'd question it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Most of these replies are uninformed.... DNA and individual drugs for the likes of cancer will one day be tailored to YOUR DNA...... and much more..... the future meds will be amazing..... want to see something new????

Amazon Prime, "Without A Scalpel"!

IR's doing same work as surgeons but you leave within a couple of hours with Band-aides!
MEN think about prostrate operations that leave you less than a man?!? IR's treat more effectively using veins and arteries as pathways to bones and organ treatment.

I am lucky to know many IR's - Future DNA custom treating the individuals drugs will be way cool as cool as IR's!

There are 4 in this series and I recommend seeing all four but make sure the Ladies view the third video!!! Very very important!

Sorry to be off topic but want to explain that ignorance is our worse enemy, there is more to this than most are writing in fear about.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

For every one advancement in technology, there are two advancements in weaponry.
edit on 26-2-2019 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They own my DNA? They can have it, because I find them "owning" late term aborted fetal tissue a little more concerning.

...the U.S. Food and Drug Administration signed a new contract last month to acquire “fresh” human fetal tissue to transplant into “humanized mice” proving the animals to have functioning “human immune systems,” according to information published by the FDA and the General Services Administration. The experiments would be funded with federal tax dollars.

“The FDA says the research using aborted babies is critical to understanding how the human immune system responds to certain drugs and biologics, helping to better understand diseases that affect millions of Americans. We strongly disagree. We oppose sacrificing any human life that justify this form of human experimentation,” said Stephen White, Chair of the CMA’s Health Care Policy Committee. The FDA claims the experimentation requires tissue from late-term aborted babies, not miscarried ones to create its “humanized mice.”

cogforlife.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm not surprised, big pharma 'timeshare' doctors by offering them free trips IF they attend their convention and agree to sell their drugs. My Aunt works closely with doctors and she pretty much confirmed it when I asked her about it.

As for the DNA hoarding, not good-they could hoard your DNA to find a 'condition' so the doctors can 'treat' you with their 'medication'

Government regulations-just do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The evil subsuming this planet won't abate until 'they' have created the 500,000m borgs they're waitin for?

Truly sickening. Been aware' a long time, understand about the lizard brain, the heart of darkness and the chemical induced malaise of the human spirit but still sickened by it all.

Sadly for the controllers and contrary to the borg mantra, resistance is joy's deep secret and knowing that and in resonance with Plant's lyrics;

"To sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
They talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed

Talk in song from tongues of lilting grace
Sounds caress my ear",

hope springs eternal.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do quite a bit of studying of research related to genetics and it's relation to meds and food chemistry. Presently, there is not enough research about most things to actually conclude most things. I have seen some extensive research on drug interactions with genetics, some of the connections are important. But most times it is just risk, and having an increase in risk over baseline sometimes means nothing. I can't see Pharma companies benefitting by this unless they have a name and medical history on the person. Medical history presently is not well established yet, lots of stuff gets dumped by doctors or the side effects of medicine are not even considered. Pharma companies have brainwashed the doctors.

Wow, thanks for sharing that.

Many years back, I twice interviewed for a DNA research position at two different Uni's nearby at the time. I was hoping my Double Major in Biology / Env Chemistry would get me in. And twice a Chinese guy beat me out. No telling what I would be doing today had I got one of those. I went back to collect samples and analyze data. Not quite as fantastic.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I believe ownership of self codification is the first step toward the automated machine economy I talk about all the time. In a society like that no one could buy your ID in any fashion (genetic or otherwise) without compensating you fairly for it and with your consent.

Well in this case people paid a company to take it and analyze it without reading the fine print.

I haven't gotten one of the tests done, and will not get the test done, for one, I know I'm a thoroughbred mutt. And two, I have a sneaking suspicion insurance companies getting their hands on it one day to "fix the price problem" is a strong possibility.

Edit: but yes, I agree with you that our country needs to do more to define and protect what is ours, and no one else's.... Our meat bag vehicle given to us to transport our brain around.
edit on 26-2-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
An obvious problem (among many others) I see is:

"Are you at risk for mild-to-severe Goin's Disease? If you have the abcd123 gene, you may be at increased risk of Goins Disease or other health complications. Get tested today and ask your doctor about Cripplor."

All the while knowing that 45% of the population has this gene.

I never understood how people so willingly hand their DNA over to the NSA and let themselves be electronically tracked, recorded, and mined without a care in the world. Some of it is inevitable, but very few people even blink an eye.
edit on 26-2-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It is not really about obtaining it. Obtaining your DNA is the easy part. You leave traces of your DNA everywhere you go.

Right now it is about "legal" possession of the DNA, and in my field, "the purity of the sample".

With time the point will be mute. The generations that matter couldn't care less about their genetics markers, how they where obtained or why.

There may be a sandwich generation that will come to realize that there was a time that they may have been able to prevent their cellular slavery, but as always, "you never miss the water until the well runs dry".

They will tell you of the marvels, they will even tell you of the possible side effects, and the list is long, they will never tell you about the inevitable consequences.

Substances that only affect people with certain genetic markers are more likely to be used for evil than for good. As they say, "follow the money". Weapons are a big business and the mega corps support both sides. Easy to see who wins and who loses.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Substances that only affect people with certain genetic markers are more likely to be used for evil than for good. As they say, "follow the money". Weapons are a big business and the mega corps support both sides. Easy to see who wins and who loses.

Pharmaceutical companies would use it for good though.

They are philanthropist organizations, hence why they make their drugs affordable for those who need it to survive.

It's not like they've ever raised the price of a drug from 100 dollars a bottle, to 20,000 dollars a bottle.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tell me about it. I was prescribed one of those medications once. Crazy thing is that after I was able to get the medication through the VA, I found that it didn't work that much better than the cheaper version I was taking. It really wasn't worth the price that they put on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I had to get a wisdom tooth out a few months ago.

On the script, at the bottom was a box that said something along the lines of "allow generic substitution".

My doc checked it because they're a good doc and didn't force my insurance company to overpay.

Pharma reps used to be able to wine and dine doctors into getting them to use their script pads as blank checks. Though there are limits between the two's relationships now, we still see similar practices when it comes to writing prescriptions.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You only live once so who cares! I would get my DNA read,,,and if down the road I happen to see identical people out there looking like me then I know pharma had something to do with my DNA lol

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
TPTB have owned all of us from the moment we were born. There is truly no escape from this harsh (but real) reality. The entire human race is pretty much just a great big farm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join