It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian TV lists U.S. military facilities Moscow would target in nuclear strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So this was very recently just released. Russia just comes right out with their planned targets of nuclear worthiness. Seems rather aggressive, no?

I would like to see and hear from many different points of views on what this may lead up to in the very near future and how some of you may see it play out. I for one am kind of excited to see such a threat. As bad as it may sound.. I've just been waiting and waiting for something big to finally happen. Guess I'm just bored

I don't blame Russia. Their specified targets are very... "respectable" ... hahaha

Links to the different News Media Sources covering this recent event:

www.cbc.ca...

www.euronews.com...

nypost.com...
edit on 25-2-2019 by CeeWhizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing one of these when i was a kid showing how they'd target the area where i live. There's the trident nuclear sub base a few 100 km away that was targetted, one in the downtown core, and one targetting the ocean nearby that was supposed to cause a radioactive tsunami.

Nuclear weapons are #ing horrifying.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeWhizzle

Classical misdirection. Give them locations, expecting them to be less alert of other locations.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Like we don't know what their targets would be, just like they know exactly what ours will be.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Meh, Cold War part 2 incoming, and if I'm being blunt, it's probably going to be a good thing for the US when it happens. This country built itself into a titan during the first Cold War, no reason for us not to do the same in the sequel. Flexing, posturing, and preening will be the norm. Russia is likely a little bit fearful that the US and the NorKs will actually succeed in a peace deal, which may open the door up to the US having a shot at a listening post on the NorK/Russia border, which Putin won't be happy about. We'll see a proxy war soon, either in Syria, Iran, or Venezuela and that will be the indication that the CW2 is a go.

ETAL The Russians are talking out their asses on this. Unless it happens when this country has made a mistake of electing a pacifist at any cost POTUS, Moscow knows the moment they launch anything against the US the game ends and the world burns with the epicenter being anything that's breathing inside the Russian borders. Both sides spout a lot of hot air, but at the same time, if the US is staring into the void, we will take everyone with us. That's one benefit of the belief in Manifest Destiny.
edit on 25-2-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So what's the big deal?
Every military facility in the country is targeted.
So are major airports, rail centers and power distribution centers.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Nuclear weapons are #ing horrifying.
we are at a point where there are too many of them floating around, if anyone uses one, everyone will use them, and it's all over quick and in a hurry. what would be truly #ing horrifying, would be to not be in a strike zone. bright side is, we are either really safe, or really screwed (depending on attitudes, egos, and feelz)

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooo.

Really think the Ruskies are gonna tell us who their gonna nuke?

LOL.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Now if they have real good tactical nukes I might pay good money for them to get rid of the moron who keeps knocking our trashcan over. It's not the wind.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The pressure wave from a nuke blast will still do that.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Russians are talking out their asses on this

I just love it when some Americans are always underestimating the Russians and the Chinese that would be America's undoing like how it went for the Germans. Looks like History is about to repeat itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

From your source...

Asked to comment on Kiselyov’s report, the Kremlin said Monday it did not interfere in the editorial policy of state TV.

Most hilarious thing I've read all day!

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

The Russians are talking out their asses on this

I just love it when some Americans are always underestimating the Russians and the Chinese that would be America's undoing like how it went for the Germans. Looks like History is about to repeat itself.

Do you? Do you love it when that happens? Sorry to disappoint you, then, because that's not what happened here. I'm not underestimating Russia at all, I'm stating a fact... the US has the technology to block anything Russia sends this way, and assuming we're lead by a man with the balls to do the right thing if it ever comes to it, we have the means to vitrify the Kremlin 1,000 times over using weaponry which Russia does not have the ability to block. We bankrupted their asses in the 80s, don't think it can't happen again. It is a clear perk of printing your own money while it serves as the world's reserve currency. And yeah, history would repeat itself again in a second Cold War, with the US expanding the empire while Russia collapses into a country of bread lines and strife.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I agree, I also think that if the Russians ever did attempt a first strike they would learn the hard way how much secret technology we have when their offensive and defensive capabilities are neutralized almost immediately.

Russia still likes to act like a super power, but last check Russia's economy was ranked below Canada's.

imo

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
MAD is still the reality, they have always targeted us and probably will for the foreseeable future.
Russia don't stand a chance in a conventional conflict so Puuty gotta thump his chest for his peeps once in a while, and let us know he still luvs us.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sub launched hypersonic missiles are pretty much unblockable. They claim 5 minutes, but I doubt it would be that long. Laser and rail cannon systems are pretty much the only thing that would have time to track and destroy them, but there certainly isn't enough of those systems to defend the US available. Not sure how they would handle EMPs either.

MAD is back in effect.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

Russia don't stand a chance in a conventional conflict

America still hasnt won any wars as of yet, let alone the one in Afghanistan.
Russia doesn't have to use WMDs at all even a EMP is enough to shut down any country for a long long time. Westerns have being always underestimating the Russians.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
We don't, nor does anyone else, have the capability to defend against multiple MIRV'd ICBM's with decoys. No one does!

Only in the past decade has the technology existed to hit a single vehicle. When that vehicle cuts the MIRV's loose, and there's a bunch of them at once all doing likewise...it's game over!

MAD is still the order of the day...you start breakin' my stuff and I'm gonna' break a whole lot more of your stuff!

...and then there's the subs. Now we're talkin' some MAJOR carnage!

BTW...ever seen what a MIRV looks like in real life??? ....

Nobody is going to defend against that!! (and yes, that's a real picture)
And, that's just one warhead! Imagine trying to defend against 50 of those bad boys at once!!
edit on 2/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: Zeropinion

Russia don't stand a chance in a conventional conflict

America still hasnt won any wars as of yet, let alone the one in Afghanistan.
Russia doesn't have to use WMDs at all even a EMP is enough to shut down any country for a long long time. Westerns have being always underestimating the Russians.

The US hasn't actually FOUGHT a war since WWII.
These little police action regime change political incursions have never been about winning.
They pad the politician's and the mic's pockets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join