It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s social credit system shows its teeth, banning millions from taking flights, trains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Golly Gee Whiz you gotta love the Chinese Communist Party for knowing how to control and put their foot on the neck of anyone who does not agree with the party line ! What is troubling IMO is their are many other governments who are looking at this stuff and dreaming of the day they can do their own version of this Chinese model.

About 17.46 million “discredited” people were restricted from buying plane tickets and 5.47 million were restricted from purchasing high-speed train tickets, the report said. Photo: Handout

Millions of Chinese individuals and businesses have been labelled as untrustworthy on an official blacklist banning them from any number of activities, including accessing financial markets or travelling by air or train, as the use of the government’s social credit system accelerates.

The annual blacklist is part of a broader effort to boost “trustworthiness” in Chinese society and is an extension of China’s social credit system, which is expected to give each of its 1.4 billion citizens a personal score.

Not all is bad as the credit scores also applies to business. The company which made the bad batch of vaccines made the black list...
www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm so shocked, the Chinese Communist Party only wants peace on earth and good will towards all mankind, they'd never label some of their own as worthless.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Of course. Communists always want the best for their Citizens, everyone knows that.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've heard stories and its very Orwellian I'm told. They govern all internet and phone usage,banking/credit cards, cameras everywhere. We're not far from it either in the big scheme of things. Scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Plus they target practitioners of falun gong, and harvest their organs.

You know as part of World Peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That crown really suits you.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Coming to a "theater near you."
This is the plan.
The useful idiots are putting
their own heads on the chopping block.
For a quick buck,news cycle,campaign
contribution.
What a Horrorshow.
S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The Chinese government are an affront. They maintain their dictatorship through control and the push to robotise the population.

People wonder why the developed world makes a fuss over Chinese territorial expansionism in the South China Sea, or their exploitation of some African countries in a sort of neo-colonialism. Well, look no further than this type of act.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So ..... does anyone want to discuss the No Fly List in the US?

No?

Utter hypocrisy.

P

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

No?

Utter hypocrisy.

P

I didn’t know that was the topic of this thread.

But you want to compare limiting around 50,000 persons from flying vs China banning millions from many basic services like rail service? Sounds like an opportunity for you to create your own thread.
edit on 22-2-2019 by neutronflux because: Added many

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Apples to oranges.

Because no fly lists aren't determined like China and it's SOCIAL credit system.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

This reporter better pack her bags and move to somewhere non communist. I predict she gets a visit from the politburo bullies. You can't tell it like that. It would have to make Xi's decisions appear to be as from a god.
ETA
I think some of the conservatives would agree that the media treated 44 like one and 45 like a Titan being hunted down by Olympus hounds.
edit on 22-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

No?

Utter hypocrisy.

P

How about silicon valley and the banks? We in the west sure as hell aren't far from China! Internet censorship, banks refusing to do business, and the list could go on.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

No?

Utter hypocrisy.

P

I didn’t know that was the topic of this thread.

But you want to compare limiting around 50,000 persons from flying vs China banning millions from many basic services like rail service? Sounds like an opportunity for you to create your own thread.

Well sure, you can thank Jihadi's for a need to protect Airports and prevent tragedy in a free society. The Chicom gov is fighting for a hive mind which we see beginning in the Democratic party.

The Chicom's are playing to win with all the cards stacked for them to stay in power, no free will of the people there. They own the people. Here we still own the Gov by Constitution and still have a chance to exercise our free will. Our citizens are allowed to vet people carefully as to their nature of violence. The COTUS provides a way to correct a wrong by the Gov agencies.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Oh, it's not all bad ... and when they use restrictions that effectively create famine in the midst of plenty kind of like Uncle Joe did in the Ukraine, what will you say then?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Just call it what it is -- Big Brother.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Ummm...that’s real smart...instantly create millions of people that now want to crash the system...

Great plan...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Believe me when I say people in other governments all around the world are watching this "social credit system" very closely. They would love to instate it in their own counties.

edit on 22-2-2019 by limestone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Dont they watch Sci-Fi?
the SUB class become ghettos slums.
and it just goes down hill from that.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: limestone
Believe me when I say people in other governments all around the world are watching this "social credit system" very closely. They would love to instate it in their own counties.

I'd start watching the EU.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join