It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

favorite sci-fi movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
mine would have to be AVP but i cant wait to see War of the Worlds, especially scince im getting all knids of background info on H. G. Wells (the author of the book) from the report im doing on him, im going to read the book and then see the movie, i heard the book was great.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I _HATE_ that they are remaking War of the Worlds.
I know people .. hate.. the word hate.. but I stand by it.
They ran out of movie ideas long ago, have been remaking all the best movies of the past, and now theyre going to destroy yet another classic.
And next theyre actually making a new Superman!@#$ Where will it end?!

I propose a small raiding party organises and breaks into the vaults and steals all the scripts for War of the Worlds... that or someone assassinates Tom Cruise so this travesty can't continue.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear that you arent a fan, but just remember im not a fan either so dont hold it against me, ive never read the book, seen the old movie, or even really haerd much about the new one, just thaught maybe it would be cool to see a movie made from the guy that im doing a report ons idea.

apc

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh Im a huge fan of HG Wells. The man was a literary genius. But his works of art are being destroyed by modern cinematic producers. The modern remake of The Time Machine for example was a pure insult and deviation from his imaginative writings, and from what Ive heard of the contents of the new War of the Worlds, I forsee the same travesty.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
But Tom Cruise is oh so sexy
just kiddin

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well that sucks maybe theyll make a crappy mini series about his short story, The Star, and im going to read his books alot, and see how much i knew of him, i never even knew they had a movie about the time machine based from his writings, but i thaught this was interesting, did you know his book, The World Set Free, inspired Leo Szilard to invent or discover the nuclear chain reaction?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree the Time Machine movie wasnt all that great. Was entertaining but nothing I would purchase and watch several times.

I have a real hard time deciding what my favorite sci-fi movie is. Here are my top three.

1. Time Bandits (1982)
2. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
3. The City of Lost Children (1996)

The sci-fi and fantasy genres tend to blur in my mind so sorry if these dont quite fit the bill.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ID4 baby! Especially the original ending where the guy flies his crop duster into the ship instead of a jet. Love that movie!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"The Shpere"...."event Horizon"..."Alien"..(all of them).... and last but not leats " Final Fantasy-The Spirit Within"

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ummm, hello! Star Wars, Bladerunner, 2001, Alien, etc. I never thought that I would feel old citing that group of movies.

top topics

join