It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists discover mysterious new communication mechanism in the brain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: trollz

My daughter and I slept head to head during an afternoon nap and we both dreamed the same thing, chasing rabbits together in teletubbie land so I believe this is posible

Rather than thinking you both dreamed the same dream perhaps you became part of HER dream. Very cool either way. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

" Think of it like the brain's own "wifi". Parts of the brain can apparently communicate with one another without being physically connected. "

I have had an Experience with this , My Nagging Ex Wife .

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Need to see original research for details on cuts, as the brain has deeper connections between areas, and also indirect connections from other areas to which both nearby areas connect and could indirectly receive influence transference.

I know that when it comes to audio, iirc, the brain areas start to synchronize with the external rhythms or patterns, also that in the thalamus there is circuitry to allow for such entrainment.

One would think an electromagnetic wireless signal, being it is carried by photons, would essentially travel practically instantaneously from one location to another. If the wave propagation were significantly slower on par with synaptic transmission speed, which is many many many order of magnitudes slower, one must take into account that this may be the way it is actually being propagated.

That said, people have said extremely unlikely things, that suddenly came to my mind, in extremely unlikely settings, and with no reasonable reason for doing so completely out of the blue, soon after they came to mind.

Further far more complex, highly specific events and things with complex histories have appeared exactly as desired. Suggesting either some way to sense aspects of the world, without direct sensory contact, or alternative the world being influenced by thought alone.

But hopefully some form of high bandwidth wireless transmission can occur either naturally or artificially as that would allow for the potential of hardware such as sword art online's nervegear.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Such connections suggest further support for the theory of quantum entanglement in the brain and in consciousness, the latter front-loading the brain with the sensations, emotions, and thought facilitated by lived experience in the world.

These spontaneous communications between and among various neural regions might also account for the phenomena of hypnogogia and hypnopompia experienced at the thresholds of falling asleep and awakening from sleep, as well as for the complex nature and subject matter of dreams.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Numerous cases like the one you describe are reported in the archives of the Society for Psychical Research.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Brain is an electronic device that can be manipulated with machines.

Many times people know what I will say Before I say it.

It's called the shining.

People are communicating with each other all the time.

It actually works on unbelievable levels when you ACTUALLY ARE SHINING...

Of course many other ermmm..things come into play...and they all want us back to sleep or die.

Full power should and must be attempted..but golly the intensity the brain experiences...need to be FULLY CLEAR of the battles awaiting.

I know I transmit thoughts...i don't have to say a word to people and we are on the same page.

Some people like me right off the bat because they know what I'm thinking...others dont like it.

Very hard to explain it ,but there.

I would say it's more evident in young children who are just beginning to talk.
Children without the use of speech make friends, form groups, and can create without speaking to each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

S&Fs
Opens many doors .

2 things it, if true maybe implicates explanations for :

the speed at which bodily communication / co-ordination occurs , eg : lighting fast blocks / evasion

lunar landings eg : loss of bodily and mental functions on leaving the magnetosphere

edit on 20-2-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
so the take away for me is - if you want a good nights sleep - put a faraday cage around your bed.

or less severe, no mobile phones or TV or electronic stuff in bedroom.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I wonder if this has anything to do with quantum tunneling?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
so the take away for me is - if you want a good nights sleep - put a faraday cage around your bed.

or less severe, no mobile phones or TV or electronic stuff in bedroom.

Make two rolls of magnets secured sequentially into opposition.....put one in each hand....you will sleep like a baby....inside of a wi-fi and electronic static free bubble.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

telepathy

I kept telling my shrink the 'voices' I hear whispering secrets-to-me...were Real & Not auditory hallucinations

Now I finally got some scientific sources to back-me-up

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dunno if it's been mentioned already in the middle of the thread, so my apologies if so.

Does make one wonder about Wi-Fi, and all it's iterations and frequencies.

How about the new 5g stuff rolling out in the future OTA?

Could this affect people, more then we're being told or will it offer a bit of clarity as it moves outside the current ranges where so many seem to complain of issues from 2.4ghz Wi-Fi signals.

Wonder if there is an interface potential here.

'Surfing the web at the speed of thought...'

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyone have a link to the science journal article? Even the abstract would be nice if it isn't a free journal article. It seems like a lot of people are getting excited and making huge jumps here. I believe in and have personal experience in telepathy (offtopic: No proof will be provided, point is that I'm not a skeptic) so it'd be super-exciting for me if this weren't a pretty mundane discovery, but I don't think there's evidence that they have discovered any underlying mechanism here of anything beyond simple radio communication. It's pretty cool, sure, and may have multiple useful applications, but it isn't "supernatural".

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Science yet again attempts to catch up to reality. This could proves several things including dreams theories and psychic abilities.

Although I'd love for this to be evidence of telepathy, considering I am telepathic myself, it seems to me that so far they don't know it's anything else beyond classical radio communications which isn't more special than a wireless network. We already knew there's an E/M field around the brain. It does show that peoples' understanding of the brain and how it functioned was flawed, of course. It also leaves the door open for it possibly being the influence of telepathic signals on the brain, it's just not evident that is what's happening. So I wouldn't get overly excited

originally posted by: Constance

Such connections suggest further support for the theory of quantum entanglement in the brain and in consciousness, the latter front-loading the brain with the sensations, emotions, and thought facilitated by lived experience in the world.

How does this provide anything beyond evidence of classical wireless communication, which does not have a high degree of quantum superposition or any involvement of quantum entanglement as the form of transmission of states? I know they'd have to destroy any entanglement to read it (unless they got really fancy with an MRI) so it doesn't discount it.

Now, don't get me wrong everyone. I'm a strong believer that there's quantum effects and entanglement effects in the brain. I just don't think we're necessarily seeing evidence of it, yet.

originally posted by: Cygnis

Wonder if there is an interface potential here.

'Surfing the web at the speed of thought...'

I could see that. We already knew this is possible, but seemed overly complicated in the past. By discovering these signals, they may be able to more coherently tap into the brain.

We don't yet know the speed of thought, because we do not understand the mind, thought, and consciousness or even have physical scientific definitions for them, only hypothesis. This would be surfing at close to the speed of light, which could be slower than thought if thought isn't completely physical.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwagon

I agree it is just a nudge in the direction of proof but it does open the door to know there is much more to the human brain than what people have let on. This finding along with others like ability to make humans hear words by way of brain stimulation starts to paint a bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

I agree it is just a nudge in the direction of proof but it does open the door to know there is much more to the human brain than what people have let on. This finding along with others like ability to make humans hear words by way of brain stimulation starts to paint a bigger picture.

Yes, on the plus side is it should give some humility to those studying the brain and a lot of materialists b/c obviously they didn't understand sh**t and they can't say they aren't wrong about more.

I really, really hope this leads to something good. I hope they do find quantum entanglement or something like that. It's probably way too early to tell where this will go.

On the flip-side, I'm actually concerned that b/c this adds an additional level of connection between neurons to model, it may actually slow down the arrival of an epiphany that no brain model can come close to explaining our behavior. It may actually allow materialists to start holding onto a pseudo-scientific belief that there's some mundane physical process they haven't yet discovered, since we just freshly discovered one.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, Phage just elucidated the subject to avoid miscommunication and was completely ignored. This gives me a bad feeling about any kind of esp related biology in the hands of a species that ignores direct facts.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well said.

I could imagine that you could share some things that would make some people really question reality and other cry shill. Definitely not suggesting that though. Just sayin i sense much.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But haven't they found out that cells removed from the mouth act as if still connected to the donor even from miles away. If the person gets stressed then the cells that were taken react the same as if still in the mouth. Which is the same concept, that Russian subs used to use, with regards to a Doe rabbit onboard, rigged up to an encephalogram, when one of the babies was killed the mothers readings went off the scale , which was the signal to surface and receive a message from base. I'm not joking! .All this stuff is decades old and probably is way advanced by now.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Phage

But haven't they found out that cells removed from the mouth act as if still connected to the donor even from miles away.

There's similar studies with seeming remote communication between plant cells, even when you act on a cell not attached to the host plant. I've seen more relevant articles on that, but this is the best one I could dig up quickly: www.newyorker.com...

originally posted by: seattlerat
As Phage mentioned, this was research from a study done on mice. Animal models do not always correlate with human models, so frequently the poor creatures live out their short miserable laboratory lives only to die in vain. I hate what is done to rodents in "the name of science", but I do try to honor them for their contributions that have helped humanity.

Don't you know mice are actually pan-dimensional beings experimenting on us?
They created a giant computer called Deep Thought to determine the answer to the universe and everything. Deep Thought told them "42" but instructed them to create an even bigger computer, where mice would need to descend into the programming and become part of the program. This computer was called "Earth". Now here's where it gets ironic... They plan on eventually drilling into the head of a human to learn the answer. This was the last human left after Earth was blown up to create an intergalactic superhighway.

Of course, for anyone who knows The Hitchiker's Guide, you know I'm just kidding.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hmm, maybe all that meditation and astral projection IS paying off

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join