It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Raid Murders: Undercover Cop Lied About Drug Buy That Led To Deadly Raid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

I have no plans on returning to the states anytime soon, although I will one day as I have an American passport and I want to make sure my son has one too.

It's a disturbing story, just so crazy that they can kick the door in and shoot everyone inside including the dog, I find that very unsettling and as you say he was a veteran and was not a criminal.

Seems to me the second amendment needs to be exercised by all American people, stand up in solidarity and say enough is enough, this is literally government overreach and I believe the second was put there just for things like this, these no knock warrants need to go by the way of the dodo.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Indiana already passed a law that you can defend yourself against unlawful police invasion. Pretty bad when states start passing laws so that you can legally defend yourself with lethal force from being murdered in an unlawful no-knock raid.

theantimedia.com...

The new amendment in Indiana recognizes this. It makes it clear that badges do not grant special rights to break into someone’s house and commit acts of violent aggression. If they do, the resident has the right to resist those illegal actions and defend themselves.

The Free Thought Project notes that many police officers “have already begun to fear monger the passage of this bill,” saying “If I pull over a car and I walk up to it and the guy shoots me, he’s going to say, ‘Well, he was trying to illegally enter my property.’”

This fear mongering comes from Joseph Hubbard, 40, the president of Jeffersonville Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 100, who asserts “somebody is going get away with killing a cop because of this law.”

In spite of these statements, here’s what the law actually states:

(i) A person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant if the person reasonably believes the force is necessary to:
(1) protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force;
(2) prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful entry of or attack on the person’s dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle; or
(3) prevent or terminate the public servant’s unlawful trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person’s possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person’s immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect

State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police
thefreethoughtproject.com...

Finally some rational legislation is passed concerning ‘public servants’ unlawfully entering another person’s property.

All too often, we see examples of cops breaking into the wrong house and shooting the family dog, or worse, killing a member of the family.

Well, Indiana has taken action to “recognize the unique character of a citizen’s home and to ensure that a citizen feels secure in his or her own home against unlawful intrusion by another individual or a public servant.”

This special amendment is no revolutionary new thought, only common sense.

Self-defense is a natural right; when laws are in place that protect incompetent police by removing one’s ability to protect one’s self, simply because the aggressor has a badge and a uniform, this is a human rights violation. Indiana is leading the way by recognizing this right and creating legislation to protect it.

Of course cops have already begun to fear monger the passage of this bill

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Here is an example:

No charges in Indiana bar shooting that injured 2 off-duty officers

wgntv.com...

Prosecutors in northwest Indiana have released both men involved in a gun fight with off-duty police officers over the weekend outside of a bar. Two of those officers were grazed by shots.

A source close to the investigation said surveillance video from the Highland, Ind., bar, Growlers, clearly shows the officers were looking for a fight.

The source said that the video shows the off-duty officers and another bouncer following the two men they got into a gun fight with out of the bar. The source said he wouldn't be surprised if the officers are the ones facing charges.

Of course, it still doesn't prevent J@ckass officers from getting butthurt and trying to charge people with felonies when they are in the wrong.

wtkr.com...

edit on 16-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Just remember these cops HAD to do this. If they don’t actively seek to arrest people, falsely, they can never be promoted.

According to an ‘intellectual’ on this very site. The police are ONLY promoted based on ‘number of arrests’.

According to the ‘intellectual’ , police clerks, armourers and even SWAT team members can never gain promotion because they never have the opportunity to arrest people.

Then once the ‘intellectual’ was schooled they posted a little line of emojis and ran off.

How do these clowns even know how to operate a computer?

YKHYA

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I don't blame you one bit. I've had very deep and serious thoughts of leaving this country with my son. Unfortunately me and his mother have 50/50 custody and I just can't take off unless it's to a country with no extradition and they are usually sh*t holes.

On a side note from this topic, how has living in another country with your child worked out for you. Is your child happy? Does he want back into the states? I hope everything is working out ok.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
TO what end tho is my question......what was the purpose? Just to have a reason to kill them?

Here's a thought. Suppose the cop is on the drug dealer's payroll. He knows the raid is going to go down. If he just warns the drug dealer and the dealer flees, somebody might guess who tipped him off.

But, if he "accidentally" raids the wrong house with a similar address, then he could say the drug dealer ran when he heard about the wrong raid. Drug dealer gets away and the cop is in the clear.

Unfortunately, the owners of the wrong house were armed and someone got panicky. If no one had been shot, no one would have taken a second look at this. It would have just been chalked up to a clerical error.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wow, that's nuts that a state passes a law like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

My lad has never been to the U. S, he was born here in aussiland, he is very happy here and the area we live in fantastic, most people are happy and this area has a large anti establishment movement as an added bonus. Although we do get targeted by the police and I suspect it's because how vocal the locals are, whem we protest it gets noticed, in saying that we are targeted it's by the hyway patrol cops, lots of drug and alcohol testing and liberally handing out defect notices for vehicles.

Australia is kinda a little like the U. S, without all the guns. We share similar likes with food and vehicles, TV shows etc.

I think though because we don't have the population density it's a far safer country to live in although more expensive to live. I've been lucky enough to live in the U S as well as a few different European countries and Australia is by far the best to be as far I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It is almost like these no knock raids are a very big part of the problem. If procedure were to cordon off and barricade instead, this situation would have never happened.

Maybe the illegality of certain substances also causes these issues. If the govt was really concerned for our well being, why is alcohol still permitted? It almost appears to be all about the benjamins. These no knock raids, assets forfeiture and seizures are making us enemies. Citizens and law enforcement should be working together with the same goals in mind. The war against certain substances almost appears to be a genius plan to further divide us. Is it working?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Wow.

And people wonder why trust in police is on the decline.

Couldn't have anything to do with just how much of this really goes on...

The worst part is you have the union boss threatening the public against those speaking out against it which adds more fuel to the fire.

Enough is enough. And if you’re the ones that are out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, well just know we’ve all got your number now, we’re going to be keeping track of all of y’all, and we’re going to make sure that we hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers. We’ve had enough, folks. We’re out there doing our jobs every day, putting our lives on the line for our families. Enough is enough.”

I guess he does not believe in freedom of speech and the constitution.

He considers everyone in this thread speaking out as considering the police the enemy.

edit on 17-2-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Those laws need to be spread throughout the whole country.

I don't view cops as my enemy. But I will be damned if I let government bureaucracy have a monopoly on violence while all I'm allowed to do is die or watch.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Yeah, I love "rule of law" but I cannot stand "abuse of law" which gets people killed.

No knock raids should only be used when there are serious threats like terrorism, murderers, etc.

www.newsmax.com...

No-Knock Raids Statistics: 5 Eye-Opening Facts, Figures on No-Knock Warrants

1. Police are authorized to conduct more than 20,000 no-knock raids a year. "In theory, no-knock raids are supposed to be used in only the most dangerous situations … In reality, though, no-knock raids are a common tactic, even in less-than-dangerous circumstances," Vox reported.

2. Judges approve them far more often than not. A 2000 investigation by The Denver Post found local judges routinely issued no-knock warrants even when police didn't ask for them, and simply converted regular warrants into no-knock with a signature.

3. An ACLU study of more than 800 SWAT team deployments in 2011-2012 found 79 percent were to execute a search warrant, usually in a drug investigation, while 7 percent were to deal with hostage crises, barricades, or active shooters – the scenarios for which SWAT teams were originally invented.

4. The same ACLU study reported, "Of the cases we studied, in 36 percent of SWAT deployments for drug searches, and possibly in as many as 65 percent of such deployments, no contraband of any sort was found."

www.vox.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That cop should be investigated. Why was he buying drugs in the first place. I guess the badge is a free pass.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I feel sorry for you guys, you cant trust a politician and you cant trust a cop, where the hell is your country heading to?

y'all need help, and I dont know from where

edit on 17 2 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Nah, we're good.

Don't need help form the UAE that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As of 2017, the latest numbers I could find, there are 670,279 full time law enforcement officers in the United States.

Reports of problems like this are rare, amounting to only a few a year. So no, you are wrong, we can in fact trust nearly all police in the United States. As is the case with any group of people numbering over a half million individuals, problems will arise and remember, often the criticism of cops comes from people who have repeated interactions with them due to themselves engaging in criminal behavior and of course they don't like cops, so they lie and exaggerate.

Remember we are a free country, unlike the UAE. We do not stone to death or flog prisoners in a barbaric manner as the UAE does. We can kiss our own spouses in public without being punished. We don't have elements of the barbaric Sharia Law institutionalized in our legal system. We don't treat women like property in our laws. Apostasy is punishable by death in the UAE, so you don't even have freedom of religion. Homosexuality it illegal in the UAE and....

We don't need any help and clearly our system, while not perfect, is far better than the systems in place in places like the UAE. The Western World has moved beyond old archaic, theocratic and often brutal forms of government.

Perhaps you could use some help?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This story just keeps getting worse, If this doesn't make people seriously question their state of freedom I don't know what will, this can play out with literally anyone and makes no difference how squeaky clean they were.

Why would people question their state of freedom, what does that even mean?

Shady crap happens all the time so why is this one different?

Well for one, they came in like thieves would from what I can tell. Often in cases like this they don't announce they are the police until they are in the door to keep the perp's from flushing drugs.

For me, THIS is a reason to legalize it all and just go after violent criminals and white collar crime the D's keep thinking rich people are doing to get rich. Take the illegal part out of Marijuana and opium and the thugs quit profiting by being willing to be a criminal to offer it to clients.
I am sure we would have to fine tune that idea. But, much of the danger factor of being a victim to the drug running gangs goes down to near zero if we can reduce their need to hide their business and realize freedom means people get to do things we might find distasteful or wrong.

The Laws that the Police are enforcing should draw the line only at violence committed, crimes of theft, and for discrimination of anyone. No matter if they are red , yellow, white, black, or from another planet in a far away galaxy, they are treated equally based on their actions. This is as it should be for anyone.
edit on 18-2-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Dr UAE

Nah, we're good.

Don't need help form the UAE that's for sure.

If we can start turning the Millennial heads to the facts. They are separated from the facts. When they get them they become 'woke' as they say. We see the generation in College now have had enough of the PC crap. They are being bashed in the head with Politically Correct "logic" and don't like it anymore than I do. I am happy to see that and hope it spreads more.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This story just keeps getting worse, If this doesn't make people seriously question their state of freedom I don't know what will, this can play out with literally anyone and makes no difference how squeaky clean they were.

Why would people question their state of freedom, what does that even mean?

Shady crap happens all the time so why is this one different?

If you have to ask, you will never know. I almost feel sorry for you, since you obviously do not know what freedom is or means. Almost.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Was there a 9mm and large amount of heroin found at the scene? It would be pretty hard to mis-identify a 357 magnum revolver for a 9mm, even if the informant was under the influence of heroin.

The only heroin found was in a police car, along with various other drugs and burner guns..all used to extort and frame people.
You can almost be assured, they have done it a lot, and his compatriots knew, or were in on it.
edit on 18-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join