It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Yang 2020 candidate on Joe Rogan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There is a massive difference between the idea of being paid to see ads, and creating art, music, TV shows, and educational content.

The most important difference is that with things like art and music, actually creating art in those realms cannot be taught at all, its something a person is either born with or will never gain. You might be able to learn piano, but you will never learn how to be Rick Wakeman, for example. You might learn how a guitar works, and the music theory about the notes and chords that it is possible for a human to play on that instrument, but no one will ever be able to teach a person how to create killer hooks, licks and solos, or compose in a way that shreds the minds of the audience. Similarly, an art teacher is a singularly pointless position, because again, you cannot LEARN art. You can learn art history, you can learn how to copy other artists, but composition of a visual work is something that the mind either has the capacity for growth in from year dot, or will never develop.

Its important that we understand that there are some things that cannot be taught.

Now, where education in STEM is concerned, thats a whole different kettle of fish. Anyone not deliberately stunted by a system that does not care about their futures or indeed their interests, can get a hold of logic concepts, as long as they are never told that they can't.

How are you going to get this system adopted though, in a political space dominated by the most selfish, pig ignorant, violently anti-science people ever to run a modern, developed society though?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

How are you going to get this system adopted though, in a political space dominated by the most selfish, pig ignorant, violently anti-science people ever to run a modern, developed society though?

We're a modern developed society but we're all ignorant anti-science pigs.

I'm not discussing this with you anymore. You're in attack mode and I dont care for your BS on this.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I said your political spaces are dominated by such persons.

Might be wise to read what I actually wrote, rather than coming up with answers to points that have not been made.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Except those are your words you wrote.

I'm no longer interested in you TB. Move on.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No, I wrote what I wrote, and what I wrote is absolutely accurate.

And for the record, your being done doesn't mean anything to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
1k a month UBI would put Americans where they probably should be in all honesty. Wages have not scaled with inflation. CEOs get richer, their minions work harder for less pay. 1k a month would help alleviate that. That welfare and other support would be taken from that helps as well.

For someone getting into the work scene, salaries compared to costs are pathetic. A single parent raising a child trying to pay for daycare while working? It's almost not worth it. 1k a month would help offset that.

To me, a VAT is basically saying that corporation who decided to hoard their money, giving their execs 1 million dollar bonuses for doing squat, while their workers get crap, have to start ponying up. Good. Since corporations are pushing their workers to the brink to make mass profit, I'm all for taxes to offset that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join