It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared: 'Knock it off and get it done'

Well now that is pretty up front and bold.

The veteran criminal defense attorney who headed President Donald Trump's legal team during a crucial stretch of the special counsel investigation believes the entire affair will end in silence from special counsel Robert Mueller, and called the massive two-year probe into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign “a terrible waste of time.”

Holy moley nothing but silence would be just about the absolute worst. Speculation would continue to run rampant.

“I don't think there'll be a report,” John Dowd told ABC News in a wide-ranging interview for the premiere episode of "The Investigation," a new podcast focused on the probe led by special counsel Robert Mueller. “I will be shocked if anything regarding the president is made public, other than ‘We're done.’”

ooofff
we're done....
that's it???
two plus years and we're done???

“I know exactly what [Mueller] has,” Dowd said. “I know exactly what every witness said, what every document said. I know exactly what he asked. And I know what the conclusion or the result is,” he said, describing the sweeping efforts by Trump’s legal team to assess the case by speaking to dozens of witnesses. Based on that knowledge, Dowd said, “there's no basis. There's no exposure. It's been a terrible waste of time.”

More bold claims.
I know exactly what Mueller has? Wow, that is very bold.

Dowd’s overall view of the investigation -- he called it "one of the greatest frauds this country's ever seen" -- echoes Trump's claim that it is a hoax or a witch hunt.

It perhaps may turn out exactly that way.

well now this bit is interesting.....

Dowd said that at one point after Comey appeared before Congress, he wrote to Rosenstein to ask for the Justice Department to investigate whether the former FBI director lied in his testimony. “He blew me off,” Dowd said. “That's not leadership. That's not accountability. … We did it in writing. We did it politely. We did it confidentially. And he just blew us off. So, I lost all respect for Rod Rosenstein.”

official complaints about the former head of the fbi?
I wonder if those have been followed up on?

Quite a perspective.
Especially from someone no longer on the case.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It seems that if there was indeed any evidence or information that directly tied to crimes committed by Trump that they would be leaked and on every MSM channel and website within minutes of obtaining.

So far, rampant speculation only.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So far, rampant speculation only.

It is all they have currently.
Does speculation + Kamala the ugandan giant= a loss for the current potus?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He says this just as People are about to be sentenced, including the presidents former lawyer of over a decade.

Nothing to see here. LOL.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

And none of it having anything to do with Trump or "Russian collusion"

But you should definitely hold your breath while you wait! I'm sure it will be any day now.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Also today, the Senate intelligence committee officially reported that they found no evidence of collusion with Russia.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

He says this just as People are about to be sentenced, including the presidents former lawyer of over a decade.

He addressed that in the article.
Nothing to read here lol

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Also today, the Senate intelligence committee officially reported that they found no evidence of collusion with Russia.

HMM
really
nothing in blood to vlad asking for collusion?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's a point. A very weak one, but fine.

Which had to do with Russian interference in the 2016 election?

A hard truth here is that Schumer was and is right. If the intel and justice department's want to hang you on something, they will. You nor I are any different in that regard.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

A hard truth here is that Schumer was and is right. If the intel and justice department's want to hang you on something, they will. You nor I are any different in that regard.

Last year, Chuck Schumer admitted he'd seen no evidence of collusion, despite being on the Senate Intelligence Committee.
edit on 12-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Schumer:intelligence

Does not compute

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

presidents former lawyer

Your own words

Former

adjective
adjective: former 1. having previously filled a particular role or been a particular thing.

Defs by Google

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but Trump honestly doesn't seem smart enough to confound the entire FBI for 3 years of exhaustive investigations.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article on the subject of why Mueller's Investigation is so quiet.

Why nobody knows what’s going on inside the Mueller investigation “He’s a serious guy, and he hates people who talk to the press.”

Source

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

mkay...
Really?
wjla.com...

25 leaks about the Mueller investigation and the problems they may cause

TOE mato, toe MAto

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Here's an interesting article on the subject of why Mueller's Investigation is so quiet.

Why nobody knows what’s going on inside the Mueller investigation “He’s a serious guy, and he hates people who talk to the press.”

Source

LMAO!!! The Mueller investigation has leaked literally everything that could make Trump look bad in any way. We now have 2 congressional committees that have concluded no evidence of collusion exists, so at this point anyone who thinks Mueller has some secret evidence stashed away isn't dealing with the real world.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
...and the saga continues. Anyone believing Mueller has no evidence until the report is made public isn't living in the real world. I don't think Trump needs Mueller to make him look bad, he makes himself look bad everyday with his stupidity! I would prefer to wait until the report is made public. If Trump is cleared he's cleared and hopefully it's not due to any kind of technicality. His legal battle will be far from over as you know.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

www.apnews.com...

The Republican-led House intelligence committee on Friday released a lengthy report concluding it found no evidence that Donald Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia in the 2016 presidential campaign, drawing praise from the president and rebuttals from Democrats.

www.politico.com...

Senate Intelligence chairman: No evidence of Trump-Russia collusion

"If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," Burr told CBS.

but hey who are the house and senate....right?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The same party that the President is part of currently. Its like when the Police investigate themselves and find nothing. They could be telling the truth but they could also be lying to cover for their members.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The same party that the President is part of currently. Its like when the Police investigate themselves and find nothing. They could be telling the truth but they could also be lying to cover for their members.

Those were bipartisan committees, so...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join