It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investing: Avoiding Working Until You Die

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A lot of those people will end up destitute, Edumakated.

You are absolutely right. Our priorities are all messed up.

One of the reasons I wrote this thread is because I'm so sick and tired of people thinking it is beyond them. That it is something only the elite can do. That there is no hope.

I want to make people see that the system isn't that complicated. That it can be done and many do every single day.

But MOST DON'T because there is a major fear factor in investment.

The best way to beat that fear is to ask yourself this:

What is my money doing for me?

If your only answer is the crap in your house or the car you drive, then you are working for your money. If you can comfortably say that your money is growing for your future, a realistic goal, then your money works for you.
edit on 10 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I lost everything in 08 and stopped playing the market. But now with the advent of a "green" market, I'm back in with a few choice 420 companies.

So far, so good...

link   
Sad to say, but Americans are becoming more like Mexico, you work till you drop.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I lost everything in 08 and stopped playing the market. But now with the advent of a "green" market, I'm back in with a few choice 420 companies.

So far, so good...

This is a sector that I am bullish on in every way possible.

Good to agree with you on something.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sad to say, but Americans are becoming more like Mexico, you work till you drop.

Pessimism is not what this thread is about.

Defeatism, pessimism, nihilism; these are all great crutches and fantastic excuses for never lifting a finger to better ones lot in life.
edit on 10 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

So far, so good...

my brother invest in penny stocks
today his bank account is what many new investors wish
sad though that he doesnt like internation tavel
but as we go for the gold, its takes some work

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: projectvxn

We were the losers in 2008 and do you know what? we won't do that again.

That was when you should have been buying even more....not selling.

Bought my home in 09, right at the very low point. I got a steal!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: InTheLight

We were the losers in 2008 and do you know what? we won't do that again.

That was when you should have been buying even more....not selling.

Bought my home in 09, right at the very low point. I got a steal!

Did the same here in Nevada recently with our tech sector explosion in Northern Nevada.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

There is a whole movement now of younger people following FIRE. Financially Independent. Retire Early.

Work hard, scrimp, save, and invest so you can walk away from the corporate rat race early.

In hindsight, I probably would have gone MGTOW and stacked a ton of paper living simply and retired in my 30s. Unfortunately, I got pssywhipped and married. Wifey and I have done well though and she is a good woman, so I guess it worked out in the end. A big thing too is making sure spouse is on same page when it comes to spending / saving.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

There is a whole movement now of younger people following FIRE. Financially Independent. Retire Early.

Work hard, scrimp, save, and invest so you can walk away from the corporate rat race early.

In hindsight, I probably would have gone MGTOW and stacked a ton of paper living simply and retired in my 30s. Unfortunately, I got pssywhipped and married. Wifey and I have done well though and she is a good woman, so I guess it worked out in the end. A big thing too is making sure spouse is on same page when it comes to spending / saving.

my wife refuses to spend money
she is saving it for the doctors
sad but true

when you are in your 70's I guess you think like that

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Investing: Avoiding Working Until You Die

Actually I do hope to work till I die. These new gigs are exciting, creative and staffed with the greatest community I have ever been associated with.

I hope this new 420 enterprise/investments, just allows me to create and produce projects of my own.
edit on 10-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ahh you know what I mean.

I'm talking about being wage slaves without the reward that comes with a little financial security.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just wanted to say great thread.

Nothing to add, I just want to be able to find this thread again.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

But before you worry about that, you need to have the weapons to defend what you've got. When SHTF if you can't protect it, it's worthless to you.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Playing the market and investing for the future are two completely different things. I do both. I've had good years and bad years playing the market. Investing for the future won't be quantified until you are there, in the future.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Ahh you know what I mean.

I'm talking about being wage slaves without the reward that comes with a little financial security.

Copy that...

Since I graduated from univ. I never had a wage slave job. Started out as a potter, made fine furniture and guitars and finished my crafts/artisan career as a goldsmith. Small retail operation but Now union proud, working for others and loving the Change. Livin the dream...and blessed to have a little disposable income to play the market. The future is a strange concept; I try to live one day at a time...the unrepentant artist.

edit on 10-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

66% of millennials have saved nothing for retirement.

Now, the youngest millennial is 23, the average age is 30. So the fact that 2/3 haven't saved a penny is alarming. The article goes on to make excuses for them (student loans, high housing, etc), but really they blow their extra money on dining and vacations. They don't want to save.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Playing the market and investing for the future are two completely different things. I do both. I've had good years and bad years playing the market. Investing for the future won't be quantified until you are there, in the future.

the future is like not knowing the tune of a song you want to learn

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm 34, my wife is 30.

We both grew up watching our families misuse money and mismanage finances in general.

It scares the hell out of me that people are doing this in such large numbers. We really didn't learn a damned thing from the mistakes of the past did we?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

66% of millennials have saved nothing for retirement.

Now, the youngest millennial is 23, the average age is 30. So the fact that 2/3 haven't saved a penny is alarming. The article goes on to make excuses for them (student loans, high housing, etc), but really they blow their extra money on dining and vacations. They don't want to save.

I would be curious to see the actual economic data that supports your position.... have any links on how much is being spent on dining and vacations?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join