It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all lucid dreamers SOS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
As you can see from my signature I've been around quite awhile, yet interact at a minimum. So bear with me as I attempt to explain my situation.

I have always been a lucid dreamer with several prophetic dreams as well as just the typical subconscious daily mind purge thrown in. I've dreamed so much at night I've literally woken up more exhausted than prior to going to sleep. I'm quite busy in my nocturnal travels and absolutely love my dreams. Sometimes the dreams are what would be called nightmares, but I've always known that somehow my subconscious took over and turned it into something else while sleeping, I just call these my anxiety dreams. They have a different vibe from the others. Normal and nothing to worry about unless there is an outstanding issue I need to ponder.

Here's my dilemma...here recently, within the last 6 months or so, my lucidity has either faded or just plain out stopped or shows up sporadically. In place of the lucidity, the normal subconscious purge of the daily grind crap has replaced it.

Here's my question...do you think any of the buried stress I carry can actually turn off the lucidity for a bit? I've never had this issue before even when going through the supposed top 3 stressors at once (losing job, divorce, moving house) as well as what I would consider more stress than what I deal with on a daily basis.

I have tried numerous times with various relaxation techniques to no avail in order to get the lucidity back. I tried those binaural beats once and either it was the track or a combination of other factors that caused me to rip the headphones out of my ears after a not so pleasant dream. It left me anxious and irritated, so a no go for me. Also, the regular, diet and exercise angle always comes into play (I live a fairly clean life, wine and beer occasionally) and yet, still nothing. I've also tried various relaxation/visualization techniques before sleep as well.

Any pointers or insight would be helpful as I'm feeling a tad bit lost without my normal nightly excursions.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamreader

Hello there fellow Dreamer.

I call what you are describing clarity.

I had a time in my life where I lost my mother, my brother, my grandfather, my best friend, my mother in law and my father in law in the space of 2 years.

Then all I had for sleeping for a time was just that conscious/subconscious mishmash of crap bleedover.

Worst time in my life... sleep wasn't any fun anymore and I was always exhausted.

I couldn't travel around asleep for a few years... it came back though.

So I would say stress really does inhibit our night wanderings.

Hope that helped and wish you luck!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Periods of higher emotion tend to facilitate lucid dreaming.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I too have gone through numerous losses and health issues in a matter of a few years. I was thinking this may too be playing a part, but as usual, wanting to deny it. I think I just needed to bounce it off of others.

BTW, keep rocking your posts, you make me laugh.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks IAMTAT, you just sparked a thought. Need to go down my own rabbit hole for a bit.

BTW, read your posts for years. Keep rockin' it.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It's kind of difficult to advise for the dream state of another I'd guess, but speaking as to how it relates to us from an empathetic view point may serve some value.

Yes, the physical realm can and does alter my dream state. Anything from diet, stress, or combinations of many factors renders energy spent to address healing or adaptation that can alter clear channel communication in the dream state. Of particular importance is the digestive system of which stems an approximate 70% of ailment battles internally.

The dream state has been my preferred area of internal study since infancy, and quality of such states diminished as internal pollutants increased. A long drawn out war of will to clean up my intake has fully returned the prominence of the dream worlds to full excitement and enjoyment. Removing Flouride and Aluminum ingestion was the most pivotal aspect of dream restoration. I am thankful to start my new days when entering the dream state instead of look to sleep time as an escape of the physical world.

The sleep deprivation crisis within the US in particular, between limited time and ever increasing stresses as the primary contributors, by far outweighs even the opiate epidemic. The sleep epidemic feeds the bulk of societal decaying efforts in the physical world.

The fact that your being considers dreaming as an act of exercise as opposed to a path to forget the miracles we live in and around each time we wake is a surefire sign that your dream worlds will restore value just as mine did...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Much appreciated. I usually don't reach out to the interwebz for advice, usually turning within and those close to me, I have turned up empty handed except for hunches. This case though, I'm pretty much the only full time dreamer I know and no one has any advice that could point me in a direction. I wish everyone I knew could relish in their dream state.

I thought about doing another cleanse to see if that would jump start the dreams again. Worth a shot.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

This is a subject matter few have deep interest in, and I am always happy to discuss the rare elements of sleeping.

The metapshysical practices are really the complicated aspects of sleeping, so I just tried to practice what I can control. It was broken up into the simple processes of sleep/wake/eat and the foundations of it biochemically. Biochemically I have found it relates much the same when viewing the previous as: melatonin/cortisol/serotonin.

When cortisol is set for suppression, synthetically dosed cortisol causes an excess which results in an elevation of anxieties. Coffee causes such cortisol imbalances. Habitual coffee users often tend to lean on coffee more and more as it's consumed increasingly, which stems from the cycles of diminished sleep as a result of excess cortisol.

A book that explains this amazingly is called, 'I know what to do, so why don't I do it,' by Nick Hall PhD. There is a ton of tips about regaining sleep improvements in that book that I could easily mislead about. One that stands out is to take a hot bath before sleep to lower the body temperature, which sounds back asswards but makes sense when explained.

New practices makes new habits. New habits makes new disciplines. New disciplines changes lives. Tomorrows dreams will be what is manifested presently...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Maybe, there is a certain group out there who are interested in your ability. Even if it is not nearly as strong. And maybe they found you and are “using” your abilities for their own agenda).

I am going to have to talk about me now. Then we can see if there are any connections.

I used to have to have normal dreams. And loved them! But one night I had something downloaded to me in binary and music. Since then, my dreams are always about problem solving. And I solve it and I have to figure it out in a different way.

This is very exhausting.

I don’t have REM sleep as much as I need. And has been said, waking up more tired than when I went to bed sucks!!

So, yeah, dreams have changed, at least for me.

And sounds like you too.

Chin up! They will leave you alone... if you scream loud enough!

But be warned: you may miss that aspect of your life!

Search for astr0 and the Forevermen of ATS and welcome to the rabbit hole!!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Since different people have different rhythms and patterns, what works for one may not apply to others, but here goes:

Passion and curiosity seem to generate more energy (electro/chemical or whatever or maybe woo? don't know.) It can be as simple as having a lively conversation with some one, then later, carrying on the conversation, even while empirically alone.

Without stimulation to passion and curiosity about new topics or deeper understanding of somewhat known topics, life becomes routine.

Consider Déjà vu: The tingle runs up your spine when you realize "Hey, this has happened before! I remember this conversation from 3 years ago. I know what will be said next... yep, just as I remember." Even if you can reasonably place the time and location (you were physically in) you also realize that objectively, the other person wasn't there, and has no memory of the conversation or the flow and segues.

Was it conducted in dream? Or some dreamlike state? Or is it confabulation? Don't know.

I can't remember ever turning on the coffee pot, getting out an egg, cracking it, and getting the tingle down my back, feeling the hair on my neck and arms move, and saying, "Hey, this has happened before!"

--------
Submitted for whatever it's worth.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

But can you smell in your dreams?

An actually important question.

I've had people tell me that they dream in black and white.

Others that can't feel what's happening in a dream.... the tactile sense.

Some that can't control what's in their dream.

Others that can't taste in a dream.

Most can't physically make a noise in their dream that translates to you making a real noise so that you can hear it and pull yourself out of the dream.

I think dreaming is an entirely different experience for a lot of people.

Most see it as a movie.

Some direct the movie.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Have a nice steak with some red wine.
Usually kicks my dreams into overdrive.

If you’re not up to the task try a glass or 2 of apple juice before bed.

Either option should envoke some colourful dreams.
I’m a dreamer myself, I don’t always get to a lucid state, but I dream every night and I always love it, even if it’s anxiety dreams as you say. I’ve had some extremely complex dreams I would like to discuss with a master such as yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I find that boozing, even realtively heavy, increases my lucidity, sometimes uncomfortably so. Eventually I had a problem with alcohol so I gave it up, and with that, the vividness and potential for lucid dreaming also decreased.

Leading a clean, regular, routinized life has caused my dreams to become that way too. They are humdrum in the extreme even while my personal interests and outlook are, from the average bystander's perspective, anything but ordinary. Maybe that's your "problem" -- you don't have enough problems, or irregularity in your life.

Maybe try a serious vipassana retreat. Or better yet, take a trip to a foreign country and do a minimum of one week in dark retreat. You probably need to stir the pot more vigorously, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It must be different for everyone. I know for me, I directed my dreams like movies my entire childhood. Built the house of my dreams and returned to it over and over again. Kind of inception-like. As I got into my 20s I became very stressed and the lucid dreaming came less frequently. I also took anxiety medication that left so many side effects. Fast forward some time and only occasionally do I lucid dream. Maybe once every 3 months. Life has gotten so much better though. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Dreams are no longer such an escape for me. Don’t get me wrong I love lucid dreaming. Just throwing out some possible explanations. Thank you for this thread. I’m hoping to try some of these tips!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

But can you smell in your dreams?

Not usually. Mostly sight & tactile, sound slightly less prominent.

The only dream I recall which featured smell and taste greatly was 20 years ago when I was being dragged to death behind a horse. Very distinct smell and taste of dust, and the pain followed by dull numbness after my nose smashed into a rock; then the taste and smell of blood mixed with the dust. The caking of the dust in my throat and choking on it was the worst part.

I've had people tell me that they dream in black and white.

That was common in older people, I would suggest that it is due to black and white movies and television from the 1920s through to 1969, when color tv became quite common. Back in the sixties, black and white dreaming was considered normal, color dreaming abnormal.

Most can't physically make a noise in their dream that translates to you making a real noise so that you can hear it and pull yourself out of the dream.

I commonly wake through physical movement. In a fight, opponent on top, I throw a clumbsy roundhouse to his chin, and wake up with my fist hitting the wall.

Some that can't control what's in their dream.

I am an actor in my dreams, just like waking life: I didn't pick the scene but the actions are mine, along with the feelings of horror when taking extreme actions. The stunned feeling after actually shooting someone in dream woke me up once. Very disturbing.

I used to fly alot when I was young. It was so easy, effortless, natural. After many flightless decades, I flew again; my breastbone ached all day.

edit on 9-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

maybe it's time to practice astral projection?

The only reason i say is I lucid dreamed for years. Eventually lead into astral projection. Maybe it's time to take it to the next step.

Or to pay attention to the physical because something import is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

your whole post had many great points and this snip was in synch with the post I intended to make ->

The dream state has been my preferred area of internal study …. and quality of such states diminished as internal pollutants increased.
A long drawn out war of will to clean up my intake has fully returned the prominence of the dream worlds...

OP, you might be having a problem with Disharmony and leaving too many un-addressed 'waking world' Issues just hanging out there unresolved...

Stress to your Psyche will interfere your dream time... even cause recurring visits to those zombieland timelines we try to detour in the waking world timeline of our forseeable future

Just what thought or item did you return with in any recent dreamtime journey's in search of knowledge/epiphany... you might want to ponder them or did you not return with anything in recent sessions ?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

You can't read in dreams, seen that in an episode of batman the animated series, checked it up and it has truth.... MJ stops me dreaming but been dreaming alot lately

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Marijuana inhibits lucid dreaming.

Other than that age, overall health, mental state, all these things can effect lucid dreaming.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I read and even write in dreams.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join