It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter reports at Central Washington University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No news source yet, my ex fiancee just messaged that she's received an automated call to lock all doors and not go outside due to reports of multiple shots fired on the Ellensburg, WA CWU campus (she lives very near the campus). Apparently her mother (employed by CWU) also has received calls. Scanner Radio app is sounding like there are 2 places shots have been reported from on the east and Northwest sides of campus, one of them being inside a gym. I'll update anything she relays until I find a news source.

Edit to add another news link
edit on 2/6/19 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

komonews.com...

News link.

Hope everybody there's ok.

edit on 6/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Much appreciated! She's saying they haven't heard of anyone being actually shot but there's now police swarming the language building and texts coming from people inside that there is shooting there. Their signal isn't trunked so apparently the commanding officer is speaking to the ATF via cell phone. Less info public now.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Several buildings cleared, no evidence of shooting aside from reports of shots. Apparently a large chance this was a hoax from what she's been told by police she knows there. Good portion of the reports came from strange phone numbers (too many/too few digits, VoIP) so not sure this thread was warranted.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Someone using a fake mass shooting event to distract resources from something else?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sounds like everything is clear.. and no shots were fired, so how was there an "active shooter" with no shooting? They should have revised it to "Active Threat" or something by now - it's a more accurate (and less alarming) warning message for the public
edit on 6-2-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

They could..........

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

"University chief of staff Linda Schactler told the Seattle Times that the reports of an active shooter on campus were a false alarm."

Source: www.columbian.com...

updated 4 minutes ago
edit on 6-2-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Honestly? In Ellensburg, unless it was a mass ATV/dirtbike theft or cattle theft, I don't think there's much they could distract from. Yakima is about 30 miles south and an actual active shooter there would be much more likely and - if used as a diversion - much less suspicious

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Point of Order

I'd like to propose We, the body of ATS™, forever name these "Inactive Would-Be Shooter" but as to not waste any bandwidth on a "Bum Steer" We cut out being wordy and all one needs to do is type:

"Invoking FamCore Law

So henceforth and furthermore, blah blah blah, You could've just typed:

'Invoking My Law here....'

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Once I found a decent scanner it became obvious beyond what she was already telling me that there was no shooter. It's still not considered clear by the local third sweep police but there's not much else they can find. Multiple sweeps with calls coming in that there were shots being fired in the areas there were sweeps occurring in at that time... Sounds like an off-campus hoaxer. To what end I won't even begin to speculate.

top topics

join