It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump State of the Union Address Tuesday 9pm EST

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Trump will finally give the State of the Union Address tonight at 9pm Eastern Time.

Lots of controversy ahead of time.

Some of Trump's themes will condemn 'resistance and retribution politics and he will call for "unity" !!

Lots of "pre" discussion happening all over the MSM with free popcorn available 😎

Senator Chuck Schumer has already given a "rebuttal" on the Senate floor this morning

Senator Kamala Harris is giving a "pre" rebuttal on Facebook before the SOTU

Trump's State of the Union to condemn 'resistance and retribution politics,' as WH says he won't back down on wall

President Trump is set to renew his call for unity during Tuesday's primetime State of the Union address, but prominent Democrats are already signaling they have no intention of reconciliation amid ongoing fights over border wall funding and Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe.

Historian Douglas Brinkley called Trump's upcoming address -- his first before a Congress not completely controlled by Republicans -- "a strange and bizarre State of the Union." It comes less than two weeks before a Feb. 15 funding deadline could lead to another partial federal government shutdown.

watch live -- C-Span

edit on Feb-05-2019 by xuenchen because: 😎

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pre SOTU predictions.

Aliens are real..... And we're getting the military to build a wall to keep them out.

Venezuela has too much oil and not enough freedom.

The announcement of a new holiday, national bucket of chicken day (no idea when that will be).

The past two years have been the best two years of America, or better yet, any country at any time.

Also, this is a drinking game, any time anything above is mentioned, we all have to take a shot of liquor (of your choosing).

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Also, this is a drinking game, any time anything above is mentioned, we all have to take a shot of liquor (of your choosing).

Brilliant! There's the excuse I've been looking for! Facepalm!

PS: Please ignore anything I may post past 8:15 PM EST

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm thinking 2 shots will be taken of the 4 you posted. Not even a mild buzz from that stinker! Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the many possible REEEE moments the media may have afterwards.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Take a shot everytime Trump SNIFFS.

edit on 5-2-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

My pre SOTU prediction is that one of the Dumocrats will bring Christine Blasey Ford as their guest.

edit on 5-2-2019 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That would cause alcohol poisoning and could result in death. I will not participate in that game.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I'm thinking 2 shots will be taken of the 4 you posted. Not even a mild buzz from that stinker! Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the many possible REEEE moments the media may have afterwards.

Oh, the REEE will be fantastic, I'll be clicking any article that says "X # of appauling things Trump said in the SOTU".

Also, if I was trying to get people hammered, I would just include anytime he says bigly or tremendous.

But I wouldn't count me out just yet.... #4 will easily be said in some variation at least 6 times.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Take a shot everytime Trump SNIFFS.

You think he'll hit the slopes before the SOTU?

I think he was just doing it before that one debate, or so the theory was.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

My pre SOTU prediction is that one of the Dumocrats will bring Christine Blasey Ford as their guest.

Elizabeth Warren brings Phillips.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My prediction is that Nancy Pelosi will look as if someone is waving a small piece of poo under her nose.

So everyone drink when she makes that face!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Lol....

Good one.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I heard of one special guest. A young boy with the last name 'Trump'
Apparently he has been getting bullied and harassed at school because of his name.
I thought it was pretty cool of whoever invited him to do so.
edit on 5-2-2019 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: milano

My SOTU prediction is no RBG.

... And many sniffs, lol

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A body double of Ruth Bader Ginsborg will make a rare appearance.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My prediction is that Nancy Pelosi will look as if someone is waving a small piece of poo under her nose.

So everyone drink when she makes that face!

That's another alcohol poisoning death scenario. No thanks!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Joshua Trump is 11 years old. He's been bullied at school, and now all day on Twitter he is being bullied. An 11 year old, who just happens to be named Trump. These losers have no shame. Wish we could deport democrats. They've lost their minds.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Things get heated, the room is filled with people talking over each other.....

Phillips starts beating a drum in front of Trumps face saving the country.....

After fixing the mini-fridge in the staffers break room.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Is that when Chuck Schumer starts crying?

What scene is the sword fight between Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A high-profile platform -- and high stakes -- for Stacey Abrams as she delivers Democratic response to State of the Union

After President Donald Trump finishes his State of the Union address, Stacey Abrams will have a turn in the national spotlight when she delivers the Democratic response.

The 45-year-old rising star in the Democratic Party narrowly lost a gubernatorial bid in the reliably red state of Georgia last fall, but rose to national prominence in the process. Abrams will have a high-profile platform Tuesday night to counter the President's message and outline a different vision for America. She will also make history as the first black woman to give the Democratic response to the State of the Union.

Some Democrats Are Mad at Bernie Sanders for Daring to Give SOTU Rebuttal—After Stacey Abrams Gives Hers

For each of the last three years, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) has delivered his own response to President Trump's State of the Union speech. Tonight he will do the same.

But this year, some Democrats have a problem with it. That's because the party chose Stacey Abrams, who recently lost her bid for governor of Georgia, to deliver the official Democratic response.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join