It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Schultz for President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Surprised I didn't see a thread on this yet. So Starbucks founder and former CEO, Howard Schultz announced he is running for President as an independent. Schultz purchased the original Starbucks coffee shop in Seattle and grew it into the multi-billion dollar chain we all know and love (or hate). He is worth about $3 billion.

Schultz politics definitely are to the left, but since he is a self-made man, he seems to be a bit more grounded on fiscal / financial issues. He also is running as an independent because he thinks Democrats have gone bat sh*t crazy (my interpretation of his quote).

In a Monday interview with CNBC, Schultz called her proposal of a 70% tax on the rich un-American. "I respect the Democratic Party. I no longer feel affiliated because I don't know their views represent the majority of Americans. I don't think we want a 70 percent income tax in America."

Top Democrats aren't too excited about him running as an independent because they think he is likely to peel off votes from the Democrats resulting in a Trump win similar to how Bill Clinton benefited from Ross Perot taking votes from Bush.

Discuss...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A great Democrat alternative 😎

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Frappuccinos for all! I'm fine with him running... he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, but his voter base is coming from the same leftward morass that the top Dems will be seeking support from and, in this game, that recipe for chaos is always beautiful to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A great Democrat alternative 😎

Rise of the Left-Alt.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He's too normal and not what we need or want. Americans are tired of living in the world of lies spun by oligarchs and the super elite. America's presidents have for the most part been politicians and the politicians are paid to do what the super elite want.

We need a real radical who does not have more than 10 million in assets. Someone poorer than what we see these days.

We need Bernie when Berne was 45.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
We need Bernie when Berne was 45.

He wasn't interested in any sort of jobs then, I think he was still couch surfing and fleeing from his first wife and child.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This is the guy that in response to fake coupons for free coffee for African Americans actually gave free coffee to African Americans.

Im down. Please vote this guy in so we can print monopoly money to pay off the national debt and wipe our slate clean!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here's the thing. If the most radical candidate wins the democratic primary, Trump is going to have a tough time wining this one. Half of his base is radical and alt and they voted for Obama as well.
Radical Left = Wins
The ONLY thing that could get Trump reelected would be if the democrats do it again and try to put in a moderate candidate like hillary, biden, beto (too rich, too white), bloomberg.
If they try this sh!t (against the will of the populace) then heads are going to explode. And Trump will win. Again.

The dems need a total radical punk to bitch slap Trump back to the 1950s in the debates.
The dems need to get a clue and let the people through!

edit on 30-1-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

People like Bill Maher and Whoopy Goldberg are saying "WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER BUSINESSMAN LIKE YOU KNOW WHO"

Lol, now they hate anyone who shares any similar traits with Trump, REGARDLESS of their background. Stupidity at its finest. Can't wait to see these celebrities shoot themselves in the foot, Again! These stupid celebrities love to take a stance & going with the status quo, then getting real quiet or not following through with their "threats" afterward.

How many of those celebrities "moved out of America" when Trump won the election? That's what I thought. They are all talk and they can't even seem to back up their arguments... just jump on the bandwagon, believe the exaggerated (or flat-out FALSIFIED headlines), and keep on hating and talking down on anyone who's not a radical leftist glittered-up unicorn career politician! Sounds about right

edit on 30-1-2019 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24152824]Edumakated[/post

Pffffft, don't care what he says he stands for, the fact he was a Hillary Clinton supporter tells me all I need to know. He is a Globalist and crook.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Truth. Trump was the wildcard candidate. Two wildcard candidates could go either direction but may favor democrats. Between harris, biden, and bernie, i think trump is well into the safe zone for re-election.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
honestly i think businessmen understand what Americans want and need more than all these career politicians do.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He can win because the right and the left has polarized each other to the max. Real america is caught in the middle somewhere closer to his beliefs and policies than those of either side. We have never before been this polarized.

Personally i believe that after the primaries the independent candidate should have the right to challenge either party he chooses for their spot in the election. That way the potus election would be between just two candidates rather than three.

Let's say trump won the republican primary then in the next 3 weeks after a third party candidate could challenge him and if he was too lose to that candidate then the third party could take over the republican platform and run against the democrat or vice versa.

It would not take much change at all to implement this into the current system and would allow for more choice and break us out of the current paradigm.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Now we gotta make sure Hillary and company don't try and blackball him like they did to Bernie.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Schultz's biggest issues is that the way he operated Starbucks will be used against him. He's only running as an independent so that he can try and bypass any primaries in an attempt to create issues for Inslee when he runs. The weird fact here is that Schultz is a well known Democrat before his pending run, and that he had some political issues with Inslee about Washington State employment laws and the possible homeless crisis vs Washington State businesses that Inslee won't deal with.

While Schultz's talk about running is neat to hear (you know a third party candidate that can self-fund) the truth is he's not a serious threat to either party and will most likely just pull uninformed millennials from both sides. Sad fact is that if anybody really wanted to they could run as a third party against him, and get both the DNC and GOP to back them just to remove Schultz from the table.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Guyfriday because: Prediction of the future

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm going to discuss it like the MSM does about anyone wealthy in another Country:

American Oligarch now running for President.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Both parties always use that argument to discourage any third party or independent candidate. Personally I'd like to see five or six names on the ballot every time. We The People come in more than two flavors and the ballot should represent that.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nobody thought Trump could win. I say Schultz should go for it. The Democrats have gone full-bore Communist, they most defintely do not represent most Americans, of any race or religion.

edit on 30-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If real estate tycoons,oil men,peanut farmers,lawyers can be president.

Why not coffee makers?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join