It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by YASKY
There is no cold in space, so there would be no reason to have a heating system in the suits, THATS ALL the evidence needed to PROOVE NASA FAKED IT

You are correct, space is not hot or cold, but objects in space can be. And I made the faulty assumption that you meant the temperature of the suit itself. When an Astronaut stands in the Sun. The part of his suit that is facing the Sun will get hotter. When he turns around to face opposite of the Sun, the part that was in the Sun will radiate the heat at the same speed that it gained it and get colder. So it is important to have a means to control the temperature of the suit so that the Astronaut remains comfortable inside.

The only thing you've proven is your ignorance I'm afraid.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by jra]
Why thank You for FALLING INTO my 2nd TRAP, you see, Harrison H. "Jack" Schmitt (Apollo 17 astroNUT) said that Space is cold and Hot, I'll give you the exact qoute from my "Encyclopedia" this proves MORE that NASA faked it, and don't believe for 1 Second he didn't mean to say that, he did because he/NASA slipped up, in their "lying campain" TOOTALOO

[edit on 12-7-2007 by YASKY]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's right here in "The New Book Of Knowlledge" 1989 Deluxe Edition, on page 455 is where says this!

jra

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

It's right here in "The New Book Of Knowlledge" 1989 Deluxe Edition, on page 455 is where says this!

I don't have that book, so I can't see what it says. Could you please type it out for those us that don't have it? You did say you would provide and exact quote in your previous post.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

I don't have that book, so I can't see what it says. Could you please type it out for those us that don't have it? You did say you would provide and exact quote in your previous post.
Page 455. "On the moon, away from the lunar module,the space suit is the astronaut's world. It supplies him with oxygen for breathing for up to 8 hours. Then he must return to the lunar module for supply of oxygen. The suit has a built in air-conditioning system, needed to protect the astronaut from the EXTREMES OF HEAT AND COLD. The special fabric of the space suit are the astronaut's shield against solar and the vacuum of space."

jra

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Page 455. "On the moon, away from the lunar module,the space suit is the astronaut's world. It supplies him with oxygen for breathing for up to 8 hours. Then he must return to the lunar module for supply of oxygen. The suit has a built in air-conditioning system, needed to protect the astronaut from the EXTREMES OF HEAT AND COLD. The special fabric of the space suit are the astronaut's shield against solar and the vacuum of space."

So where does it say space itself is both hot and cold? I only see it saying the suit protects the astronaut from both the heat and cold, which is true, since the Sun heats up all objects when in the light, and when in shadow, all objects radiate away there heat, thus getting cold. The air-conditioning keeps the astronaut inside at a relatively constant and comfortable temperature, unlike the outside of his suit which will change depending if he is in light or shadow.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
The air-conditioning keeps the astronaut inside at a relatively constant and comfortable temperature, unlike the outside of his suit which will change depending if he is in light or shadow.

Wonder why we don't see the air conditioner out-gassing (releasing water vapor) on the Moon. If it's totally self-contained (circa 1960s tech) then why hasn't this been passed on to Scuba and Diving?

Do we know if the Shuttle Astronauts' suits release water vapor at intervals?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

So where does it say space itself is both hot and cold? I only see it saying the suit protects the astronaut from both the heat and cold, which is true, since the Sun heats up all objects when in the light, and when in shadow, all objects radiate away there heat, thus getting cold. The air-conditioning keeps the astronaut inside at a relatively constant and comfortable temperature, unlike the outside of his suit which will change depending if he is in light or shadow.
Wrong, when the sun light hits some object in space and that object heats up, here let me use technical terms,

Heat is defined as the vibration or movement of molecules within matter. The faster the molecular motion the higher the temperature. The slower the molecular motion the colder the temperature. Absolute zero is that point where all molecular motion ceases. In order to have hot or cold, molecules must be present.

A vacuum is a condition of nothingness where there are no molecules. Vacuums exist in degrees. Some scientists tell us that there is no such thing as an absolute vacuum. Space is the closest thing to an absolute vacuum that is known to us. There are so few molecules present in most areas of what we know as "space" that any concept of "hot" or "cold" is impossible to measure. A vacuum is a perfect insulator. That is why a "Thermos" or vacuum bottle is used to store hot or cold liquids in order to maintain the temperature for the longest time possible without re-heating or re-cooling.

Radiation of all types will travel through a vacuum but will not affect the vacuum. Radiant heat from the sun travels through the vacuum of space but does not "warm" space. In fact the radiant heat of the sun has no affect whatsoever until it strikes matter. Molecular movement will increase in direct proportion to the radiant energy which is absorbed by matter. The time it takes to heat matter exposed to direct sunlight in space is determined by its color, its elemental properties, its distance from the sun, and its rate of absorption of radiant heat energy. Space is NOT hot. Space is NOT cold.

Objects which are heated cannot be cooled by space. In order for an object to cool it must first be removed from direct sunlight. Objects which are in the shadow of another object will eventually cool but not because space is "cold". Space is not cold. Hot and cold do not exist in the vacuum of space. Objects cool because the laws of motion dictate that the molecules of the object will slow down due to the resistance resulting from striking other molecules until eventually all motion will stop provided the object is sheltered from the direct and/or indirect radiation of the sun and that there is no other source of heat. Since the vacuum of space is the perfect insulator objects take a very long time to cool even when removed from all sources of heat, radiated or otherwise.

NASA insists the space suits the astronauts supposedly wore on the lunar surface were air conditioned. An air conditioner cannot, and will not work without a heat exchanger. A heat exchanger simply takes heat gathered in a medium such as freon from one place and transfers it to another place. This requires a medium of molecules which can absorb and transfer the heat such as an atmosphere or water. An air conditioner will not and cannot work in a vacuum. A space suit surrounded by a vacuum cannot transfer heat from the inside of the suit to any place. The vacuum, remember, is a perfect insulator. A man would roast in his suit in such a circumstance. NASA claims the spacesuits were cooled by a water system which was piped around the body, then through a system of coils sheltered from the sun in the backpack. NASA claims that water was sprayed on the coils causing a coating of ice to form. The ice then supposedly absorbed the tremendous heat collected in the water and evaporated into space. There are two problems with this that cannot be explained away. 1) The amount of water needed to be carried by the astronauts in order to make this work for even a very small length of time in the direct 55 degrees over the boiling point of water (210 degrees F at sea level on Earth) heat of the sun could not have possibly been carried by the astronauts. 2) NASA has since claimed that they found ice in moon craters. NASA claims that ice sheltered from the direct rays of the sun will NOT evaporate destroying their own bogus "air conditioning" explanation.

Remember this. Think about it the next time you go off in the morning with a "vacuum bottle" filled with hot coffee. Think about it long and hard when you sit down and pour a piping hot cup from your thermos to drink with your lunch four hours later... and then think about it again when you pour the last still very warm cup of coffee at the end of the day.

The same laws of physics apply to any vehicle traveling through space. NASA claims that the spacecraft was slowly rotated causing the shadowed side to be cooled by the intense cold of space... an intense cold that DOES NOT EXIST. In fact the only thing that could have been accomplished by a rotation of the spacecraft is a more even and constant heating such as that obtained by rotating a hot dog on a spit. In reality a dish called Astronaut a la Apollo would have been served. At the very least you would not want to open the hatch upon the crafts return.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by YASKY]

jra

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Wrong, when the sun light hits some object in space and that object heats up, here let me use technical terms

Emphasis mine.

I'm guessing you meant to quote what you "'wrote" and forgot to link to the source you copied and pasted it from and did not mean to imply that you had wrote all that yourself, right? Or would your name be William Cooper by chance?

The guy gets some of what he wrote correctly, yes, space isn't hot or cold like I said. But objects in space can be. But once he gets on about the astronauts air-conditioning and the slow rotation of the CSM in space, he gets that wrong. When the CSM rotates, as soon as one side is in the shade, it will begin to radiate that heat away and cool down, while the side that's in the sun starts to warm up. Just like how the Earth gets cooler at night, while the atmosphere traps in a lot of that warmth, some of it does radiate away. The same goes for any other planetary body.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time right now to go over the air-conditioning stuff at the moment. I know I've gone over this stuff before in this thread, but I'll try to go over it again later.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wrong anything that gets heated up by the sun is space, stays hot even after it turns away from the sun, something cold has to come along and cool it off, the earth is different there is winds and water and other thing that contribute to the cooling down of the earth, there is non of that in space. ( The simple fact I just had to explain that show very well most people HAVE BEEN easily tricked by NASA) so back to what we were talking about, there is no cold or hot in space, and thats EXACTLY what thats astroNUT was meaning what he said on page. 455

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
LOL I just saw your signature JRA... Swimmer really said that?

Honestly, while I do not agree with you on many ideas, I see you have a lot more patience and tolerance for trying to educate the children...

I don't have time to sort through this thread, but I would be interested in that space suit air conditioning info when you have a moment

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
zorgon, your friend jra has written more lines of text then the next ten members COMBINED on this topic. He is simply trying to make everybody tired of discussing obvious things over and over and over again.

He was wrong 99% of times, but he still wrote hundreds of lines every time.

I simply KNOW that NOBODY WAS EVER ON THE MOON. I have watched videos, listened to BOTH sides and figured out what really happened. It WAS NOT HARD at all to see that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY even today for humans to land on the Moon.

Everybody has to do their on research. Reading this whole topic is a good start.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by swimmer]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
I simply KNOW that NOBODY WAS EVER ON THE MOON. I have watched videos, listen to BOTH sides and figured out what really happened. It WAS NOT HARD at all to see that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY even today for humans to land on the Moon.

LOL Well JRA is hardly my friend, more like a worthy opponent actually. But we are both convinced that we did go to the moon, we only differ on when and how

Now when you say YOU KNOW... other than "I watched videos" what evidence do you have to back it up?

Everybody has to do their on research. Reading this whole topic is a good start.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
zorgon, you are not really on the opposite side from jra.

And, please do not ask me anything any more. What I had to say, I did.

jra

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
LOL I just saw your signature JRA... Swimmer really said that?

Yes he did, but sadly I can't find the post at the moment. It was pretty funny.

Now when you say YOU KNOW... other than "I watched videos" what evidence do you have to back it up?

In that same post that I quoted swimmer from he also said, "I don't have to prove anything", so don't expect anything from him. He will never defend his point of view with a reasonable debate. He will probably just attack you and call you a disinfo agent etc.

I don't have time to sort through this thread, but I would be interested in that space suit air conditioning info when you have a moment

For both you and Badge01 who was also asking about it earlier.

Some of what YASKY "wrote" (or copied and pasted without citing his source) about how the Portable Life Support System (PLSS) works is true. The astronaut is cooled by an inner suit that consists of a bunch of water filled pipes that flow all over the body, called a Liquid-Cooled Garment (LCG). The water collects the heat generated by the astronaut himself and flows out into the PLSS where it cools and then flows back into the LCG. It's pretty much a closed system. How it cools though is when it goes into the PLSS, there is a second supply of water that slowly drips (not sprays like YASKY mentioned) through a porous metal plate and coats the heat exchanger in ice. When the warm water flows through that, the ice absorbs the heat and causes it to sublimate and removes the heat and gives one cold water to recirculate. The PLSS' on Apollo's 11 - 14 carried enough feedwater (the water that drips onto the heat exchanger) for about 4 hours and the later ones were redesigned to carry more water (about 12lbs I think) so they could last for about 8 hours of cooling.

This system was used as far back as the Gemini program and is still used today and relatively unchanged, even the Russians used a sublimative cooling system.

Originally posted by swimmer

The one and probably only time I'll agree with you. Everyone should definitely do there own research.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Wonder why we don't see the air conditioner out-gassing (releasing water vapor) on the Moon. If it's totally self-contained (circa 1960s tech) then why hasn't this been passed on to Scuba and Diving?

I can;t recall if those suits did release their waste gas - but if they did, what would you see? Not bubbles. The gases are invisible.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Making something like the PLSS is too expensive for them. It's far cheaper to fill up tanks with compressed air and release it.

There's also the issue of pressure... a rebreather doesn't work well under high pressure.
en.wikipedia.org...

Nope. Uses sublimators:
(history of space suit design)
history.nasa.gov...

Here's more on the PLSS design:
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Space is NOT hot. Space is NOT cold.

That's not really true, and is the crux of why you are mistaken. The prima facie evidence is all the hundreds of spacecraft that are flying today. They all produce waste heat that they have to get rid of, and for many this heat exceeds several thousand Joules/second. How do they do it? With no air, why doesn't the heat just build up until the spacecraft melts?

The answer is that they radiate the heat away into space. That is, if you orient a black body into deep space and isolate it from other heat sources, its temperature will approach that of the cosmic background - about 3 degrees Kelvin, which is pretty doggone cold. If you orient the same surface to the sun when near the Earth, it will eventually heat up to a bit more than 300 degrees Kelvin. This is a basic calculation that every undergrad astrophysics course takes you through.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

Space is NOT hot. Space is NOT cold.

That's not really true, and is the crux of why you are mistaken. The prima facie evidence is all the hundreds of spacecraft that are flying today. They all produce waste heat that they have to get rid of, and for many this heat exceeds several thousand Joules/second. How do they do it? With no air, why doesn't the heat just build up until the spacecraft melts?

The answer is that they radiate the heat away into space. That is, if you orient a black body into deep space and isolate it from other heat sources, its temperature will approach that of the cosmic background - about 3 degrees Kelvin, which is pretty doggone cold. If you orient the same surface to the sun when near the Earth, it will eventually heat up to a bit more than 300 degrees Kelvin. This is a basic calculation that every undergrad astrophysics course takes you through.

Go back to school man, if your going to sit here and WASTE all that time trying to tell us/me space is hot you better go back to school NOW!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
An End To The Moon Conspiracy!

So much for that, this thread is 90 pages long.

There is a video on youtube which clearly shows THREE astronauts on the moon.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by YASKY Go back to school man, if your going to sit here and WASTE all that time trying to tell us/me space is hot you better go back to school NOW!!!!

That's what we is known as the Ad Hominem fallacy. Got any more? I love "name that logical fallacy."

How do you answer my point about how why spacecraft don't melt? Are you saying the first law of thermodynamics is in error?

[edit on 19-7-2007 by disownedsky]

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join