It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if everyone who could voted in the Dem primaries?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Say what you like about the Dems, but they are better organised and stick together no matter what.

Prolly from all those years of unionizing and striking. There's power in numbers.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I like Bernie. I think he is too old, but I also think he is true to his word and actually practices what he preaches.

I like Bernie as well. I also think he is too old to be president at 77. As well, I think he knows this too.
I think Bernie will stump for issues throughout the campaign but will not endorse a candidate other than himself. He will help to set the tone for the convention.

One of the big changes that Bernie has focused on this year was to get the Democratic Super Delegate rules changed. Where before the super delegate machine could all make the push for the major candidate and sweep that person to the nomination at the convention, the changes that were made do not allow those super delegates to vote their ''superness'' on the first ballot.

By the time the convention arrives the Democrat field will have winnowed and very possibly down to the choice of the dem, machine and a few others. While the young-uns will be the face focus, Bernie will watch and council. When the convention comes it will be he who chooses the candidate. If there is no one that has arisen to challenge Trump as well as the old Democrat machine he will then endorse the machines candidate, That will likely be Harris. But if there is one or two that sparkle, watch for him to finally endorse the one he wants. Then will the first ballot vote take place and the battle will be between the machine and who he endorses. I look for an upstart, one who can pull the party back together and put an end to this Trump Devolution. I would just love to see a
moment at that convention where they all see the light and move as a whole, maybe even an acclamation. Wow, wouldn't that be something.

But all of that may be only my own fantasy. If I were a Democrat that is what I would work toward. Hoping, maybe against all hope that that old democrat machine is not as stupid as conservatives make them out to be andn step aside for the good of the party and the nation. I guess we shall see huh

Edit. Oh, reading through the rest of the thread, I see that you already know about that super delegate change. So here's hoping hey?
edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 29 Jan 2019 13:23:32 -0600Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:23:32 -060019012019-01-29T13:23:32-06:00100000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 29 Jan 2019 13:27:42 -0600Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:27:42 -060019012019-01-29T13:27:42-06:00100000027 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think the mid terms gave a fair indication of what will happen in 2020.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If that were to happen, and everyone changed affiliation to vote in the Dem primary, it would be really interesting. Dems 100% wouldn't be getting Hillary. Thank god. I'd imagine we'd get Bernie or Biden (if either ran).

As it stands, I'm guessing Dems will end up with Kamala Harris as the frontrunner. I can't say I'm opposed to that.

I would prefer Bernie, but I'm a little worried about his age. Not that he's going senile or anything, just that his age will be a detriment to his campaign, if he throws his name into the ring.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I could see many moderate, Hillary voters just staying home if the Dem candidate is a radical liberal.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So , what is the use in speculating on a near impossibility ?

edit on 1/29/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I know many people who vote in the opposite party primary to support or block candidates.

People that do this are scum.

Not worthy of the title patriot and damn sure not deserving of their rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join