It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if everyone who could voted in the Dem primaries?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The RNC has all but promised not to allow a primary challenge to Trump. Sorry, Jeff Flake. What I am wondering is if everyone who could voted in the Dem primaries next year.

In my state, it's easy to change your party affiliation, and independents can vote in Dem primaries anyway. I know many people who vote in the opposite party primary to support or block candidates.

If there were a nationwide push to vote in the Dem primaries, and thus there was a broader base than just former Hillary supporters, who do you think we would end up with? A Bernie, or a Kamala Harris? And do you think such a project would be good for the country?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I think if either of those two is nominated in this political climate, you'll have record republican turn out... well outside of Hillary running again.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Last election's primary was the first time I ever voted democratic. I voted for Bernie. 1. Because I wanted him. 2. Because I didn't want Trump.

I will again vote democratic for the election's primary. I will have to wait to see who the Democratic candidates are to answer if I will be voting for someone or against Trump. I don't like Warren. I'm less favorable about Harris, but have not done the amount of research to have that be my final opinion. I like Bernie. I think he is too old, but I also think he is true to his word and actually practices what he preaches. I don't think Biden has the backing, but I loved the memes. I'm leaning toward liking Beto, but again would need some more research.

What I honestly think? Bernie. He is old, but likeable enough. Odds of beating Trump is low, although IMO getting higher. He has one last run at this and he has name recognition.

What Republican's should do if there is no opposition to Trump is vote democratic. Why wouldn't they want to weigh in on who Trump runs against?

edit on 29-1-2019 by headorheart because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

I considered the same but decided against it. After the selection of Hillary, and how Bernie reacted; I couldn't vote for him ever.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Does it really matter? The megacorps run the show anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Even though I'm not a Republican, I can't help but think record turn out is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If we learned anything from 2016 it's that voting doesn't matter in the Democratic primary. The nomination goes to the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Does it really matter? The megacorps run the show anyway.

Touché.
Wall Street doesn't want Bernie or Warren.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

If we learned anything from 2016 it's that voting doesn't matter in the Democratic primary

It truly doesn't.

Especially when they get taken to court and their defense is 'They have a RIGHT to rig their primary'.

edit on 29-1-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There are very few people that the Democrats would allow to run that would actually win, no matter how the general populace feels about Trump. Unless Trump is actually indicted during election season, he'll probably win reelection. It's wishful thinking to assume otherwise, to be honest.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but he's not likely to lose.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Are Democrats changing their Superdelegates process? If not, it doesn't matter who people vote for. The party gives their preferred candidate such a head start, the primary process is pointless.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticallyI
There are very few people that the Democrats would allow to run that would actually win, no matter how the general populace feels about Trump. Unless Trump is actually indicted during election season, he'll probably win reelection. It's wishful thinking to assume otherwise, to be honest.

I am a fan of Trump and I see no path for his re-election. Democrats could run anyone - which makes 2020 pretty dangerous.
I actually wish Trump would announce he his not running for re-election and go for broke on the key issues (he'll be 75 in 2020). I think that might be the only way for Republicans to hold the Executive branch.

edit on 29/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's probably just lip service, but yes, they have reduced the power of superdelegates.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: UKTruth

It's probably just lip service, but yes, they have reduced the power of superdelegates.

That's positive.
A moderate needs to step forward for the Democrats. Someone from outside the current inner circle.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am a fan of Trump and I see no path for his re-election. Democrats could run anyone - which makes 2020 pretty dangerous.
I actually wish Trump would announce he his not running for re-election and go for broke on the key issues (he'll be 75 in 2020). I think that might be the only way for Republicans to hold the Executive branch.

Really? My impression is even with all the crap he's in there's still better than 50% odds he's re-elected.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The problem with your idea is that Democrats would have to find someone that actually motivates voters to vote. Right now there isn’t even one candidate that could get me out of bed to vote in a Dem primary except maybe Hillary and it isn’t because I want her to best Trump. It would just be for the LOLs.
edit on 2019/1/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The problem is the same one that Democrats have. No one exciting to vote for and motivate the base. Trump was an anomaly and one that isn’t going to be repeated by the crap candidates Republicans and Democrats normally run out there.

Name one Republican that would motivate the base?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're not suggesting Oprah, are you?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If we learned anything from 2016 it's that voting doesn't matter in the Democratic primary. The nomination goes to the highest bidder.

Didn't Donna Brazile admit to that in her published novel?

Brazile said she promised Clinton’s opponent, Bernie Sanders, that she would get to the bottom of whether Clinton had “rigged the nomination process.” She wrote, “By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.”

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: UKTruth

Really? My impression is even with all the crap he's in there's still better than 50% odds he's re-elected.

I think Republicans in general are lazy and idealistic - Trump will still get out his core base to vote, but I think that is somewhere around the 40% mark. I don't see him getting more votes than he did in 2016, yet I can see an additional vote tally for the Dem candidate, not matter who it is. Say what you like about the Dems, but they are better organised and stick together no matter what.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join